3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   One Positive Thing About Me Today Is (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/272562-one-positive-thing-about-me-today.html)

2FatCats 01-04-2013 11:59 AM

One Positive Thing About Me Today Is

:cheer3:
It's a New Year and time for New Positive Beginnings!

I follow the NSV thread - I think it is genius to celebrate your little victories and I really want to have one to post. I've been waiting and waiting to have one so I could - then I noticed that the 300+ club has a thread in which they post something positive about themselves, every day if you want, or just whenever you want! How Brilliant!

I am my own worst critic - I can be harder on myself than anyone could ever be. Ironically, I would never criticize my family or friends the way I do myself. And I certainly wouldn't like it if someone talked to me like my inner meanie does! But NO MORE!
It's time to stop tearing ourselves down and start building ourselves up! Let everyone know, Yes We Can, instead of no we can't.

Here is where you can post your positive. It does not matter if it's big or small, about your weight or not, anything positive counts. We are here to support you, encourage you, to inspire you, to hold each other up and to help you toot your horn!:cp:

Be Your Own Biggest Fan! Banish the Inner Meanie!

2FatCats 01-04-2013 12:14 PM

I'll go first:

One positive thing about me:
I have a great sense of humor!

newleaf123 01-04-2013 12:30 PM

I take the time to shop for and lovingly prepare healthy food for my family.

kelijpa 01-05-2013 07:54 AM

I'm stronger today than I was yesterday. (thanks to my snow shoes :) )
I feel good from the inside out.

I'm noticing my balance is alot better, I thought I was just a klutz, but seems like my fat distribution had me off kilter, I'm sure it's strengthening the legs and core as well, between the incline on the treadmill and now the snow shoes....

thanks for the thread! :sunny:

twinieten 01-06-2013 07:47 AM

One positive thing about me.... wow, this is hard! Um.... I spend time with my kids playing games, even when I don't feel like it.

2FatCats 01-06-2013 11:09 AM

Thanks ladies - you rock!!

It is definitely more challenging than I expected ... I try to think of the 'negatives' and then turn them into something positive.

For example:I am a control freak :(
transforms into:

I am a strong, well-organized and self-disciplined woman! :D

Sheila22 01-06-2013 11:22 AM

I have changed my "default" coping mechanisms from eating, drinking and sitting on the couch to running, reading inspirational books and cleaning/organizing!!!

I AM STRONG AND GROUNDED!

Zumbachica 01-06-2013 12:42 PM

I find something to smile about almost every day no matter what has happened.

avalonmoon 01-06-2013 03:31 PM

I 'think' before I eat. Concentrating on what goes in is making me feel balanced.

free1 01-06-2013 03:35 PM

I wore a size 10 to church today :)

greeneggsandtam 01-06-2013 03:39 PM

I am hilarious. Really very hilarious.

onmiwei 01-06-2013 04:16 PM

I will use what has been said a lot in the last few days by other people: I am very creative, and i don't mind sharing my creative ideas with my fellow artists to help them out of their fear of going for it. That they produce better art work by me helping them out with their fear of just going there. A fellow artist said that to a news reporter when my friend won best of show..what a compliment!

ImImportant 01-06-2013 06:17 PM

I am a good listener. I truly listen to others when they are speaking to me.

newleaf123 01-06-2013 06:20 PM

I advocated for my kids with their cello teacher today.

MissJeanLouise 01-06-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinieten (Post 4577228)
One positive thing about me.... wow, this is hard! Um.... I spend time with my kids playing games, even when I don't feel like it.

That is no small thing! There are some days when I'd rather poke my own eyes out than play another game.

I try really hard to buy thoughtful gifts that really match the receiver.