Completely New Here ... Post #2 actually

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hello everyone,

I posted a bit about myself under the BIO thread at the top of the forum. I am 43 years old and need to lose about 45 pounds. I have struggled for the last two years to find motivation to keep trying. I haven't dieted in many years and the weight use to come off so much faster than it is for me now. I am not following any particular diet plan but am cutting back on my carb intake and starting an exercise program ... will begin with walking on my treadmill and soon add in some weights.

I was looking for an on-line group of people who might better understanding the struggles in this age range and came across this forum.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here much better and hope to be a good friend to all during this journey.

Amy
  • Amy - WELCOME!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! On April 1st of this year I was 183 pounds - now I'm at around 145/146 and by Valentine's day I will be at my goal weight of 130! (hopefully 128 - would like some wiggle room..LOL).

Low carb and exercise - all good! I'm a bit "off plan" right now (to say the least) - still working out and ramping back up tomorrow - - you can SO DO THIS!!

We are here to support you!!! Feel free to join our December Chat!! We will have a new one starting up for January - it's a wonderful support group!!!

Happy New You!!!

Sheila
  • Hi, Amy.

You have certainly come to the right place! I could have written your exact post. This is a great place to come for encouragement and advice. And, it is also great to be able to give encouragement and advice to others -- it's all beneficial to keeping our goals in mind.

Best of luck to you, and welcome.
  • Thank you so much Sheila and Heidi for the warm welcome! I used to be a member of a 30-Something group of women who were trying to get pregnant and I am still friends with so many of those women 13 years later ... I know first hand how much support these types of groups can be, especially when there are not only common goals but common life experiences. I so very much appreciate your posts ...
  • Welcome nonswedewest! It's taken me awhile, but I've lost around 70 pounds. It was a lot easier to lose weight in my 20s and 30s, that's for sure! I'm determined to not repeat this pattern again in my 50s. This time, unlike my past weight loss efforts, fitness is playing a greater role in my weight loss.

There's no better time than the present to start. I'm on a little break from weight loss right now, but I will join the ranks of New Year Resolution losers, and begin shedding my last 10-15 pounds in January. Hopefully it won't take me that long to do.

Good luck! You can do it!
  • It is hard to stay motivated. I noticed that when I posted more often on the forums I stayed more motivated. Since not posting or even reading the posts, I have gained about 10 lbs. I am back on track again because I don't want to regain everything that I had lost. Good luck. We can do this.
  • Hi, Amy! And everyone else!

I am new here, too. 44 years old and have about 25 pounds to lose. More important, actually, is getting fitter and stronger.

Happy to be getting and giving support.
  • Just a quick hello and

AMY & MISSJEANLOUISE!

Amy- we are the same height! Glad to meet another tall chick here!

I just joined three weeks ago but the 40s ladies are amazing!

Hope you both have a Happy and Safe New Years!

Here's to getting Fit and Healthy in 2013!

Remember: Sweat is just fat crying!
  • Hello Amy and ladies!

I joined just before Christmas. I've tried to write something on my blog most days to keep myself motivated. Looking at all your success meters makes me feel I can do this too! I'm going to spend more time in the forum. I have almost 60 pounds to lose.
  • Hi everyone ... glad to see so many newer people jumping in that same time as me!! Thank you to the regulars too, your tickers and stories make me feel like anything is possible.
  • Quote: Hello everyone,

I posted a bit about myself under the BIO thread at the top of the forum. I am 43 years old and need to lose about 45 pounds. I have struggled for the last two years to find motivation to keep trying. I haven't dieted in many years and the weight use to come off so much faster than it is for me now. I am not following any particular diet plan but am cutting back on my carb intake and starting an exercise program ... will begin with walking on my treadmill and soon add in some weights.

I was looking for an on-line group of people who might better understanding the struggles in this age range and came across this forum.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here much better and hope to be a good friend to all during this journey.

Amy
    I'm 38. I remember the days where I could lose 10 lb just like that by stopping eating after 8 pm. Ahh, those were the days of my 20s...

Anyway, don't worry, weight loss happens now too, just a lot slower, but it does!
  • Hi Amy. I'm new too and new to being 40. I have about 20kgs (so a similar goal)to shift so I in for the long hall. I've started walking for an hour a day and even though I don't look any better already feeling better. I love seeing the tickers too and hope that mine will be going down in he weeks and months to come.

Take care and good luck

Helen
  • a tiny step into the unknown....
    Well ditto on the 43 with 45 to gooooo. Let's do it!! I'm shaky but I'm fed up and really want to change this. First time ever on a site of any description am probably making very rooky mistakes. Please forgive...

p.s....silly question....how do you get those lovely scroll things at the bottom where you see your weight go down...
  • I'm new too, just turned 40 this past November and i'm excited about being a part of the group and losing this weight together! Great to meet more new people.
  • Hello all, newby too. It was so easy to drop those extra few in the younger years. Once I hit that 40 year mark it just became harder and harder and well a few years later I really have to focus on it. Helps me to write everything down that goes in. I think as we all get a bit older it just isn't as easy to workout or I simply can't do the things I used to. It's so nice to have the support and motivaton from all you ladies.