3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   Ladies do you wear junior appareal? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/270625-ladies-do-you-wear-junior-appareal.html)

avalonmoon 11-27-2012 01:36 PM

Ladies do you wear junior appareal?
 
I often wonder when I'm shopping younger looking clothes, if I'm alone or if many women in their 40s also shop younger clothing. If you do which stores/brands do you like or wear? I realise to some I might sound immature-wow maybe I even am?? lol I just can't see myself ever in mature looking attire.

Going4Fit 11-27-2012 01:53 PM

I will admit to being drawn to the styles offered in the junior section, for sure! However, the cut of junior clothes is different and I can't pick the same sizes off the rack and have them fit me. Junior sizes are much more slender - not built for mature hips, for instance. And they expect breasts to be up near armpit level. No bra will do that for me after breastfeeding three babies for a year apiece and too many weight gains and losses.

It is too bad, because I often feel the clothes are way cuter. Perhaps when I completely make my weight goal, I'll try again.

Mara 11-27-2012 01:55 PM

I worked at Target for 11 years, and you are definitely not alone. If you see something you like then it shouldn't matter if it's Junior's.

elvislover324 11-27-2012 01:56 PM

When I lose some more weight, I hope I can!

Of course, I will choose appropriate for my age and not try to look like a junior. But I agree, their colors/patterns/etc. are more attractive.

I won't be wearing mom jeans or velour running suits any time soon. :)

dangerouscurvesahead 11-27-2012 02:19 PM

i love junior clothing not to mention the jeans fit my proportions better when im smaller! L.E.I. jeans and BOGO are my fav. jean brands! i think you can dress junior with taste, style and class regardless of your age! u like it? you look good in it? it fits you like a glove? BUY it and ROCK it proudly!

LockItUp 11-27-2012 02:25 PM

I say go for it no matter what. But there is TONS of clothes in the juniors section that I don't think look "juniors" specific!

It's silly, but I won't buy juniors bottoms because I have to buy a bigger size than I do in the women's section. I can wear a 6 in women's but a 7 in juniors is like a total NO GO! I just can't bear to go up to a 9 or 11 so I won't lol, like I said, I know it's silly!

newleaf123 11-27-2012 05:40 PM

Um... no. There's no way it would fit my hips/thighs.

strutter5150 11-27-2012 05:51 PM

I do occasionally because I prefer the styles but I often run into the hip/bust fit issues already mentioned. I never shop juniors sizes online, that's for sure! lol

lizarddau 11-27-2012 05:53 PM

well nah but i do get depressed about some of the clothes in the ladies section...way tooo fuddy duddy as i call it..i have found one particular store that i just love...and their style suits me down to the ground..i love bright colours and mixing and matching with comfortable leggings of all colours too...that is my style i think...i even have purple hair..well sometimes it is purple sometimes pink sometimes red..rofl...and i am 40!!...people stop me in the street and say how amazing i look even though i am fat (i currently weigh around 130kg)!!...and there is not a day when i go out in public that someone does not compliment me about my hair...the one thing that i would wish i could buy that kids wear are those awesome joggers or shoes that have lights in the soles that light up when you walk on them!!...love those things...cheers liz

Magrat 11-27-2012 06:11 PM

I'm old (coming up on fifty-two) but I have small hips and I wear either juniors or girls. Misses sizes do not fit my body.

guacamole 11-27-2012 06:44 PM

I have two different black hoodie sweaters in Junior XL. They do run smaller than misses sizes. With my bust and hips, it's unlikely I'll be doing any major shopping in the Junior section, even when I reach my goal weight.

twinieten 11-28-2012 10:31 AM

I think it's all about being tasteful with what you select. Just because we can fit in to it, doesn't mean we should wear it. Some styles probably look better than others. Some styles are clearly for a younger woman, while others seem to look good at any age. I see women who are middle aged, dressing like a teen or 20 year old, and I just think they look like they're trying too hard.

I shop juniors all the time. I like a lot of the clothes, they fit and they look nice. But there are some things that just look too young. Most of the time, I need to go up a size in juniors clothes, which doesn't bother me. I'd prefer things to be a little more loose. I think less is more.

I like The Limited, Gap, Old Navy, Charlotte Russe, and Styles for Less, etc., and I shop the juniors area at Target and Kohls. But I find myself gravitating more towards the women's section of department stores, though, and other shops like NY and Co., and Dress Barn where there are classy styles that seem to cater more towards women my age. I feel like at my weight, I have a lot more options!

avalonmoon 11-29-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvislover324 (Post 4540462)
When I lose some more weight, I hope I can!

Of course, I will choose appropriate for my age and not try to look like a junior. But I agree, their colors/patterns/etc. are more attractive.

I won't be wearing mom jeans or velour running suits any time soon. :)

elvislover324, Most regular departments for plus sizes include an area of Jrs. I find them at Fredmeyers(Krogers), Kmart has Bongo and there are a couple other placces. You might be suprised. There could be more available to you than you think.-I know when I first ventured to the little collecions offered within the plus regular store section, I had a lump in my throat (afraid to try) but set sails to the wind and ran to the fitting rooms. My body looks better in the younger styles. Most of them. There are but a few I have ever tried that I didn't like on me.

avalonmoon 11-29-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinieten (Post 4541330)
I think it's all about being tasteful with what you select. Just because we can fit in to it, doesn't mean we should wear it. Some styles probably look better than others. Some styles are clearly for a younger woman, while others seem to look good at any age. I see women who are middle aged, dressing like a teen or 20 year old, and I just think they look like they're trying too hard.

I shop juniors all the time. I like a lot of the clothes, they fit and they look nice. But there are some things that just look too young. Most of the time, I need to go up a size in juniors clothes, which doesn't bother me. I'd prefer things to be a little more loose. I think less is more.

I like The Limited, Gap, Old Navy, Charlotte Russe, and Styles for Less, etc., and I shop the juniors area at Target and Kohls. But I find myself gravitating more towards the women's section of department stores, though, and other shops like NY and Co., and Dress Barn where there are classy styles that seem to cater more towards women my age. I feel like at my weight, I have a lot more options!



twiniten, I wa just responding to another thread regarding that. Yeah there are those fashions that just don't wear right on an older body. Our body compositions are so much diifferent (even when not overweight) than our younger peers. I haven't been to Charlotte Russe, are they spendy?

twinieten 11-30-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avalonmoon (Post 4542768)
twiniten, I wa just responding to another thread regarding that. Yeah there are those fashions that just don't wear right on an older body. Our body compositions are so much diifferent (even when not overweight) than our younger peers. I haven't been to Charlotte Russe, are they spendy?

I agree! Charlotte Russe, it's been awhile since I've been in one, since I gained all of my weight. They seem about average for a mall store...like $20-30 for a top, give or take. Probably not as spendy as Express, or Gap, but more so than some place like Target.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:47 PM.



Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2