Old 07-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #61  

Height: 5' 8"

Sheila - I am a data geek too. I know that for some people it would be a compulsion, but I find a calmness in knowing exactly what I need to do. Although I would be starving at 1100 cals a day! My body demands somewhere between 1300 - 1800 cals a day.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

147.5!

Today's menu was exactly the same as yesterday, only instead of spicy asian slaw with my salmon, I had a mixed bean and spinach salad, and instead of fresh strawberries I had a bowl of cherries. Oh - also had cherries for breakfast instead of the veggie sausage patties with rice cheese...so only about 1100 calories today.

I SOOO wanted (WANT) a glass of wine tonight! (uh - or two) - - stressful day with the kids...(sigh) - teenagers. So, I put on my tennis shoes to go to the trail to do my power walk and decompress....ended up going through Starbucks, then almost bagged the whole walk and went through the drive thru to get a bottle of wine. Instead I forced myself to "do the time"... :-)

Have you ever noticed that you have never once REGRETTED a work out???

I felt better afterwards, but still drama with my teen daughter...almost went through the drive thru AGAIN on the way home....but I told myself that line from a movie (can't remember the movie)...."never drink to feel better, only drink to feel EVEN better!" So....I drove home, had my bowl of cherries, and am going to make my sugar free lemonade. Also put a facial mask on....EXTREME SELF CARE!!!!! What I do know, is that most drama today goes into much better perspective tomorrow.

At any rate, the scale was down this morning which felt good. (sigh) - - definitely not one of my better parenting days though, but I'm muscling through it - and I'm sure I'm doing much better than if I would have drank the wine. Importantly, I'll feel proud of the way I "coached" myself through the evening when I get up tomorrow morning! Funny, I say that it's not one of my better parenting days, but the truth is, it's just not one of my more enjoyable ones...probably on the parenting "impact" scale, it's actually pretty good. I am not a disciplinarian...and definitely don't like conflict...so it's uncomfortable for me when my teens think I'm "horrible" when I don't give them what they want. Every parent goes through it...and I'm proud that I'm holding my ground. (see - already gaining perspective )

Hope everyone had a good Tuesday! I'm off to make "lemonade out of lemons"...LOL
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #63  
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

Default feeling low

I live in Atlanta and my family is in California and Arizona. Over the weekend I visitied them. 4 days... is all it took for me to get off track. I tried several times to go use the community pool to swim laps but each time either the pool was closed or open for some other type of activity (long story). Today I feel like crap.. old, fat and undisciplined. I can not believe it only took four days after weeks of working out and eating right to throw me off track. I don't know why but I am having a hard time jumping back on. I feel tired and sluggish and generally low. I miss my family a lot when I am not with them. I need to gain back that sense of purpose that I was feeling before I left. I need to feel like eating right and working out is my number one priority. I can't get my mind off other things today and feel like if I don't take the bull by the horns right this minute I am going to slip back into a place I don't want to be.

Any advice?

Last edited by sept2012; 07-25-2012 at 11:19 AM.
sept2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 291/216/146

Height: 5'7"

Default Back on track "advice"

I feel your pain/confusion Sept2012. Maybe make a list of your priorities and keep them in a place in your home to be a visual reminder for you? Do you share your weight loss goals with your family? If so can you get them to support you in your efforts? I don't share with my family. Somehow it seems too personal. At the end of the day your best "defense" is your own determination on belief in yourself that you can do it.

Good luck!!

syndehat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #65  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

sept2012 - Maybe if you look at the last few days as a normal wave in the ebb and flow of your dieting journey. Most of us can't be perfectly on plan all of the time. Vacations, holidays, PMS, stress - whatever your poison, it can serve to mess up your schedule of diet and exercise. If we see these times as a normal part of the larger picture, we don't have to see ourselves as failing. Eating off plan and not exercising yesterday, doesn't mean you have to eat off plan and not exercise today. You haven't blown it. You are in control! You can do this!

I went biking with my husband today - about 4 1/2 miles. I haven't weighed myself this week, which is a sign that I know I am not doing well. My eating hasn't been great and I have been drawn like a magnet to certain foods in my fridge. I normally don't make pasta, but my family wanted cheese lasagna last night (one of my favorites!). I made it and had a double portion - or what amounted to a double portion because I kept going back for just one more taste! This is why I don't make lasagna! I don't think I will ever be fully in control of my eating - the only control I can take is simply not to have it in the house.

Good luck today, everyone!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #66  

Sept - the same thing happened to me after my summer vacation - it was like I completely lost my motivation! My recommendation - DO YOU!!! And never beat yourself up for slipping - after all, you're on YOUR team! :-) And we all slip...

Remember that this is a marathon, not a race...and sometimes we get off course - there's really no avoiding it - that's life right? You're going after a new you, a new and healthier, and happier way of living your life...irregardless of weight, you know you felt better when you were at your BEST and laser focused on "DOING YOU"! Remember that feeling?? Don't you want it back? And guess what - you have the complete power to give yourself that awesome gift of feeling great! No one can take it from you...it's all in your control. So TAKE IT BACK!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Don't settle for a life less than you can have! We're here for you girlfriend!
Old 07-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #67  

Okay - checking in for the day. 147! Overall, stressful at work - wanted to "wine" it away tonight, but stayed strong.

Had veggie sausage patties with a slice of rice cheese (200), veggie taco salad for lunch (@350), then when I got home was STARVING...and had a package of that fake crabmeat (200) and made my "fake wine" (aka sugar free lemonade) Then I cut up some veggies (yellow squash, portabella mushrooms and broccoli) - threw them on a baking sheet, sprinkled them with garlic powder and roasted them for about 45 minutes - YUM!!! Even my son had a piece of broccoli and thought it was good!!! WOO HOO!!! Then I went down to the trail, did my 30 minute power walk, ran through Starbucks for my iced-tea and now back home, getting ready to make myself a big bowl of fresh cherries for dessert.

Tomorrow is another busy day at work...need to get materials out by close of business and the stress levels are running high. I'm definitely going to enjoy wine on Friday, but not until I close out the work week!

I'm going to clean out my closet this weekend. I have clothes ranging from size 14 to size 4 (I made it to an 8 so far ) So I'm going through everything, and anything a size 10 and above I'm taking to Goodwill. Then I'll go through the rest, and anything I know I won't wear will go also. I'm going to organize by size so I can find the clothes that currently fit in the morning and also create my "goal" sections of size 6 and size 4....closet shopping!! WOO HOO!!!

Oh - and as predicted the teenage storm passed....glad I didn't react and numb the stress with empty calories.

Stay strong ladies!!
Old 07-26-2012, 05:13 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 149/149/120

Height: 5'2"

I literally spit my beverage out reading some of the posts- they are so funny! farting on planes, PMS and cow purse.. LOL

I'm going on another long bike ride tomorrow/ I mean today... with my hubby.

Not much progress on the weight loss. Excuses, excuses. But-
Got to get back on that bike.

Note to self- drink more water!!! Keep exercising, and be kinder to yourself...

Have a lovely day ladies! (and gents? idk)
Redredbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #69  
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

Default thanks!

Thanks everyone for your words of wisdom. I literally had to step back, read and listen to what was being said. I am typically on a pretty good high. That week did me in, but I will say I did very well yesterday and today. As soon as I went swimming at my lunch yesterday I felt so so much better. And yes I want to remember how that feels every day. The scale was also much kinder to me today than it was the day I got back. I know I know... I am one of those people who knows better but I got on the scale after traveling for 12 hours and was devestated at what I saw. Thank goodness its back to normal and I can move on from here. No more distractions for me for a while. I would like to get through the next three months... Look back at this time and think "what was I thinking"

Guac - I am still impressed with your biking. I am thinking of putting a bike in my budget for next month I am inspired as I said before. Started looking at them on line. Next step walk into a sports authority and have them size me up for one. right now swimming every day and walking every other day is enough but it would be cool to add a third activity to the mix - staves of boredom.

Shelia - so cool about your closet... isn't that funny I have a range too from 18-14... I can't wait to take those darn 18's to good will. Must be a terrific feeling.

Synd - I don't keep my family in the loop. They don't get it. I got fat genes from the milk man I guess. So visiting them is a food fest and I just should have been prepared for it. Like at XMAS it will be a free week for me. I have to say that up front and then just let the cards fall were they will. I don't want to go nutts over it but I also am not going to be a manaic like I tried to be this last time. I will take my own advise here and take it one minute, one hour and one day at a time - worry about the next trip when it comes.

Hope you all are having a great week!

JO
sept2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #70  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Quick check in - weighed in at 153 this morning.

However, it wasn't as bad as I thought, especially considering my high carb eating and that PMS time is here! I biked 6 miles today and it was tough - weird, since I've gone farther and with more energy before. My eating is on track so far today. Plugging along.

sept2012 - glad to be an inspiration! I think mixing up your workouts to avoid boredom is a smart thing to do. I was alternating between walking and biking, but lately, I have enjoyed biking so much that I have just been doing that. If I get bored I will go back to walking or maybe starting to jog.

Good luck today, everyone!

Last edited by guacamole; 07-26-2012 at 03:14 PM.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:21 PM   #71  

Hello Everyone!

Rainy day - no trail tonight But it's okay - I need a night off. This morning I had my veggie sausage patties and rice cheese (200), then only a few bites of my veggie taco salad for lunch (250) (tired of that - glad it's almost gone! lol), then a banana (100) for a snack. Got home, and had a turkey roast in the oven for the kids - I don't eat meat (other than fish), and didn't feel like cooking, so I pulled out a pack of "tofurky" (300) and ate that along with a few pieces of the roasted broccoli I made last night. I'm full - now having a cup of macadamia nut cookie keurig coffee! Good for a rainy evening.

I'm so glad tomorrow is FRIDAY!! Tonight I'm going to online shop for some luncheon plates - they are bigger than a bread plate, but smaller than a dinner plate - automatic portion control!

Hope everyone had a good Thursday - oh, up 1/2 a pound this morning (147.5), but I'm used to the flux when I weigh in daily - no worries...
Old 07-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #72  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

It's finally Friday!! Yippee!!
I am so tried working all these extra hours at my PT job is kicking my butt.
The scale was back to 159 today, water weight from TOM leaving.
Have a very busy weekend working at my PT job but I am taking this afternoon off to go play at the lake for a little.
Hope you have a great weekend!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #73  

Good-bye old clothes.....

Cleaned out my closet this afternoon - thought it would feel good...interesting, I felt nervous.

The only thing left in my closet now is size 4-8. I'm in an 8 now, so the pressure is on to definitely stay there, and I think that is the source of my discomfort....that and hundreds of dollars of clothes are now gone.

....but, I keep thinking to myself that if I left the larger clothes stay, it would be easier for me to be "okay" going back up to a size 10, 12, 14....so, it's a strategic decision, that candidly, I still need to get comfortable with.

All that said, after I finished "cleansing" my closet, I went to the trail and did 30 minutes. Then bought a bottle of Chardonnay...LOL.

So, now it's time to relax and celebrate (or grieve, which is more what it feels like - - can't explain that one).....anyway, I have a crustless veggie pizza in the oven, the kids went to their Dad's for the week, and I'm going to find a nice chick flick to throw in and cheer me up.

I can do this. I know I can. I think that getting rid of all of the larger clothes just feels like pressure to maintain. The truth is though, I want it to be painful to go out and buy a size 10 pant! A literal "kick in the butt"...LOL

So - - it's more real now. I'm changing for good!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 291/216/146

Height: 5'7"

Default Friday update

So my first week weigh in shows I am down 5.6 punds. Good to know that all my hard work paid off this past week. I realize that I can't expect such a large loss every week (I secretly hope it will). I decided to only take my measurements once a month and plan to begin exercising in a more regimented manner next week. So good news to pass along here.

I love to check in with the rest of you so please post!
syndehat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #75  

Syndehat - AWESOME JOB!!! WOO HOO!!! Wow - that's a great one week result!!!

My scale was up this morning to 148. No doubt the wine and the sodium from the crustless veggie pizza I ate. At any rate, I'm done grieving my closet.

Going to go walk the trail in a few minutes - then coming home to clean. I have a hair appointment at 1:30, then going to pop into the mall to buy some size 6 pants from the Limited. I'm not sure they will fit yet, but I have these incredible coupons that will give me $50 off!! So definitely want to take advantage of them.

After that I'm going to run up to the health food store. I'll have dinner there tonight, then buy some good food for the week.

Feeling like I've "plateau'd" again. Just need to keep doing what I know is working...burn more than I feed myself.

Off to hit the trail. I'm hoping to get a second walk in this evening.