Old 06-22-2012, 09:34 AM   #106  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

I think I figured out a big chunk of what's going on this week. It's DS12's first week off school, and I switched up my hours at work to starting at 7 instead of 8:30. I've done a really poor job of getting to bed earlier to make up for it. Thank goodness I can sleep as much as I need to this weekend! I'm going to avoid the scale until Monday, I think. Despite being absolutely wiped out after dinner, I did manage to haul my butt over to my car and get to the pool for water aerobics. Less than 2 weeks to go on the challenge, and I really want to finish strong!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 215/142/130

Height: 5'1"

141.2 today. My lowest in a while. Hopefully I can keep it going! I cut my foot on a nail day before yesterday so running is out for a bit, but I think by midweek next week I will try it out. It's right on the pad of my foot so there is no way to not put pressure on it. Might think about getting a tetanus booster as well....

Have a great weekend everyone!
cbigsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #108  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Not a great day today. Well, it was a great day in every other way but my food. Didn't weigh myself and went with yesterday's weigh in for the week. I hope I can get back on track next week.

Good luck, everyone!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hello everyone!! Looks like we're all holding steady ...I have lost a few more lbs. and I'm almost at my super duper goal that i haven't been able to reach in years.....I'm not getting excited though becaue I thik it is just some kind of fluke thing due to my anxiety...I'm probably burning nore calories just being nervous......this has been the hardest time of my life. I'm not turning to food for comfort but I think I'm going in the opposite direction which isn't healthy or a good way to live....Havne't gotten around to weight lifting for doing any resistance training which is really\ causing even MORE anxiety.....But enough about anxiety.....we are getting close to our goal date of July 4!!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:41 PM   #110  

I am feeling really down about my weight and dieting efforts. It's been a challenging week for me, and reading here, I feel like I am the only one not making progress. I looked back at my weigh-ins and see that I have been struggling with the 150s since March! I am obviously doing something wrong. I feel so scared that I am losing this fight, but my rational side is telling me, I had one bad week. I can get up from this and move forward. Just having a down moment, I guess.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:42 PM   #111  

Height: 5' 8"

Guac - I had a rough week too. I was extremely active, busy, and trying to keep my cals at the same level...which led to making some poor food choices. Last week is over and this week is just starting up. We can both have a great week.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:58 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 215/142/130

Height: 5'1"

I had such a fun weekend. Shopping, a music festival, farmers market, and a night away. Lots of fun but all eating out and lots of alcohol. I'm scared to even see what the scale will look like for the next few days. And after all that my body is feeling the effects too. I can't wait for tomorrow to eat healthy and start feeling better. But it was a lot of fun so almost worth it.

Zumba: I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time. Maybe some weight lifting will help release some of that anxiety and frustration. It does for me sometimes. Just to push my muscles and feel that strength in me can be a mood lifter at times.

Guac: Sometimes your body can get used to what you are eating and doing for exercise. I don't know if its possible for you to maybe make some changes. I even once just changed my eating schedule and it made a difference. I ate dinner at breakfast for a while. Basically loaded my calories early and then ate light in the eveining, which was very unusual for me. Or I changed what I was doing for exercise. Or what time of day I did it. If you have a tight schedule that can be tough to do. I'm not even sure how much was my body reacting to it and how much was me not being bored with the same old same old helping me stay more on track again. Good luck and don't give up! There are definitely ups and downs to this journey. You have done great so far and should be proud!
cbigsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:31 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Hey everyone, I see you still working hard. I thought I'd check in real quick on my way out the door this morning. Down 2.8 in the last 10 days. Not bad, but I have a feeling I'm going to bounce up a bit. I've been on plan mostly so a loss is not unexpected, but that much is a little more than I was expecting given my weight history and my pace. We'll see. I'm still a little above where I want to be in terms of timing and goal so I need to start working harder and staying more consistently on plan. You guys have a good on-plan week.
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:39 AM   #114  
Recovering Pantry Pest

guac, I could have written your post word-for-word. I'm off track, and back up to 155 this morning. Sure, some of it's misbehavior over the weekend, but I've also been futzing with the low/mid 150's for literally years now. I know how to lose weight, and obviously you do too - you're holding a 60 pound loss!! That's amazing and awesome! I was really hoping that putting a time stamp on it with this 4th of July challenge was going to kick-start me, but maybe I need to take a page out of Kaplods' wonderful posts and focus more on a one-pound at a time approach. Life is stinkin' busy right now, and will be for a bunch more years; I have been wondering if I'd be more successful at all the things I need to get done if I'd devote a little less energy to the scale.

cbigsis - agree, there is a time and a place for saying, "Thank God it's Monday"!

zumba - wishing you some peace and tranquility!

I've got 5 days before a string of camping days, DS12's 13th birthday, and a road trip to WI for an anniversary party. And the end of the 4th of July challenge. And the "formal" 1st of the month record of weight and inches, which I've been keeping since I started my efforts here at 3FC in Jan 2009. Phew.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:39 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 191/170.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Guac, you were in one of the first challenges I was in when I first joined 3FC. It was the Valentine's Day Challenge. I think that you're starting weight in January was about 169. So that means you've lost about 20 pounds in 6 months! Don't be too down on yourself as you've told me about 100 times. I know how discouraging it can be. It took me almost 4 months to get out of the 180's & I've been in the 170's for almost 2 now. Keep OP & it will come.

As much as I would love to see big losses on the scale every week when I WI, I know that losing it slowly is probably better for me. It will help me to have longer to learn better exercise & eating habits, and hopefully knowing how hard I had to work to lose this weight, I will never put it back on.

Cbigsis, Ouch! You probably should get that booster shot. I hope your foot gets better quick.

Zumba, breathe. Relax. Breathe. Feel the anxiety disappear.

Everyone else, have a great day.
Kim
kandd416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:31 PM   #116  

Thanks, everyone. I think I have been feeling down because I have been eating
off plan. If I don't lose while on plan I still have hope and don't berate myself. I have been eating so badly, it's hard to cut myself slack. Went for a walk and am doing well so far today.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #117  
Recovering Pantry Pest

Week and a half to go! Yesterday was pretty good; the only off-plan indiscretion I had was a second dark chocolate sea-salt caramel (dang you, Whole Foods!) I bought a massive mega-pack of sugarless gum at Costco the other day, and it's helping me rein in the grazing. More water aerobics tonight, yay!
Old 06-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #118  

Hello, everyone. I weighed in at 154 this morning. Did a 4 mile bike ride this morning, but I more than made up for the calories I burned having lunch out with my husband.

I need to revamp things a bit with more exercise and higher calories and carbs. I think that I was going too extreme with cutting out the carbs and keeping calories low during the week at 1200. Yesterday my calories totaled 1353 and today they are at 1831. I am going to be kind to myself and let myself feel satisfied and not hungry. I need to move more. I think I need a bit of a break from the dieting roller coaster.

Last edited by guacamole; 06-26-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #119  
Recovering Pantry Pest

Guac, I hear you completely. We had a lively discussion about "focus" vs "obsession" over in the Maintainers group. I'm planning to back off a bit - I am going to go back to journaling, and instead of getting finicky with calories, I'm giong to just designate stuff as S, M, or L (hopefully won't need XL) portion size. I need something a little different, too. And a whole lot more exercise.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #120  

ICUwishing - I have definitely been obsessing lately. I am seeing the results of this because I have dark bags under my eyes, and I have started getting bruises on my body like I do when I am not getting enough nutrients. I also have been having horrible headaches (haven't had a headache since Sunday). I need to regroup and stop thinking that this is a race. I think I can trace this mindset back to when I found out there was going to be a family reunion in August. I felt the need to get down to as close to my goal weight as possible for this event, even though I know that is not the way this process works for me. Major head trip.