3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   Memorial Day Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/258305-memorial-day-challenge.html)

natamars 05-09-2012 09:37 PM

1545 calories, 40 minutes stair climbing, 40 min elliptical.

OK day. Fighting boredom at work..amaing how boredom makes me want to eat.

guac, nice pace on your walk today!

KelStand 05-09-2012 09:54 PM

I am in! I need some motivation! I am soooo discouraged! I am back up to a solid 164. Why? I don't know!

My goals for this challenge:
Drink 8 cups of water
Continue strength training & Couch to One Mile ( I changed this a little to suit me!)
Record what I eat.
Lose 4 lbs.

Good luck everyone!

natamars 05-10-2012 07:32 PM

Lost my job today. They axed my whole department - 40 people or so. We were taken over by another division and they're eliminating all our jobs. The only good news is that our jobs are guaranteed through the end of January. All day I felt too sick to eat but I was finally too shaky and had to have something. I will not let this throw me off track..if hunger isn't the problem, food is not the answer!!

natamars 05-11-2012 07:29 AM

Down 1.2 lbs. for the week. I was hoping for more because usually when I first get back on track I at least drop so water weight. Oh well.

1180 calories yesterday and about 45 minutes of swim class.

KelStand, welcome! Great goals! How's your walking/running going?

cbigsis 05-11-2012 10:27 AM

Checking in, its been a crazy week! I weighed this morning 146.4 so I'm up 2 pounds :( I know its due to over snacking. When I don't drink enough water I snack. If I know this why don't I just fix it? grrrr This weekend the weather is supposed to be great so I should get outside alot and maybe help burn some of that extra off!

natamars: I'm so sorry about your job! Great attitude to not let it throw your food off track. I'm proud of you!

guac: I have some awesome trails near my house I love to bike/jog on too. I found them last summer and I'm hoping to take a lot of advantage of them this summer too!

Zumba: great job on the weight loss! We do have the same weight goal. My secret goal is really 120 but I didn't want to be too discouraged if I couldn't get there. LOL I'm short but my body is different than it was in my 20s. I'm much more muscular than I was then so I may or may not be able to weigh that even if my body gets to the same size.

Zumbachica 05-11-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natamars (Post 4329042)
Lost my job today. They axed my whole department - 40 people or so. We were taken over by another division and they're eliminating all our jobs. The only good news is that our jobs are guaranteed through the end of January. All day I felt too sick to eat but I was finally too shaky and had to have something. I will not let this throw me off track..if hunger isn't the problem, food is not the answer!!

OMG Nat, i am so sorry!!!!!! Well...atleast you have a paycheck until january and that gives you time to find another job. things are just so bad all over. Sending you hugs, and hope you can find the willpower to stick to your healthy eating and workouts during this frustrating transition....:hug:

Zumbachica 05-11-2012 06:47 PM

Cbig, you bring up a great point about being muscular. When I was working with a trainer I was losing inches but not many lbs and it was discouraging, until one day I tried on a bikini and discovered I looked the best that I ever did in my life! Muscle may weigh more but damn it makes us look great. Unfortunately that was back in my 30's, I doubt that I could do that again...just too much work at this age at half the result...still gonna try. I bought a new DVD by Jillian Michaels that is jUST butt and thighs and I'm going to do it tonight....decided to focus on the really BAD areas first.....and boy, are they bad areas....HIDEOUS...

natamars 05-12-2012 06:51 AM

1455 calories yesterday. No exercise.

Scale is down to 136.8 this morning - Chica, we're exactly the same weight! Of course you're taller than I am. But I can already see a differences around my middle. Today will be my 9th day back on plan.

I agree with everyone that though I set a weight goal, muscle is more important. I really need to start focusing on that more. I wouldn't care what I weighed if i could look ripped in a bikini...

I have a job interview next week. I've made some good connections at my job(I work for a large bank) so I'm hoping to be able to transfer. The bad news is that I'll probably have to commute into the city, which will completely change my lifestyle, expecially the time I'm able to spend with my son. My current boss is remote and fabuolous, and I can work from home whenever I need to. Guess I've been spoiled.

natamars 05-12-2012 03:26 PM

Set a PR in my 5K this morning - 32:51. It's a very hilly and challenging course..the same one took me 37 minutes one year ago. Still working toward my goal of "running" an under 30 minute 5K this year on a flat course.

KelStand 05-13-2012 10:14 PM

I did not do well this week. It was teacher appreciation week and there was so much yummy stuff in the lounge. Maybe next week will be better. I am really getting discouraged though. It seems no matter if I eat alot or not....I don't lose weight.

Sum38 05-14-2012 07:29 AM

Hello :D

Somehow I got lost after April challenge...but I found you guys.

Doing well with IF. I had a 5 pound drop last week :eek: I ate loads of veggies and lean protein for 5 days. I felt great!

Goals;

1) Log everything
2) Water/Green Tea 64 oz per day
3) Get down to 143 pounds (146.5 today)

cbigsis 05-14-2012 10:47 AM

I hope all the moms had a great mother's day yesterday! I definitely ate well over my calories yesterday. The weather was so beautiful we were outside hiking and biking all afternoon so I'm hoping that burned off a bunch of the extra food.

nat great job on the run! I had gotten my 5k to under 30 min last year and was so excited! Its back over for now because I don't run as often in the winter but I think I can get it back down this summer. :)

kel try not to get too discouraged. Sometimes the body just likes to sit at a certain weight. Have you tried changing what you do for exercise? Sometimes that will shock your body into losing the weight again.

sum: Great job on the weight loss!!! Wow that's awesome!

Zumba I love the Jilliam Michaels DVDs. And I have a couple of Bob Harper's too. They are killer!!!

guacamole 05-14-2012 11:36 AM

Hello, everyone! Went out of town for a long weekend and my eating was....atrocious! Oh, well. Back on the wagon today. I got my period unexpectedly this morning. Usually I have at least a week of PMS. This time I had about 2 days of PMS and then BAM! However, I wasn't expecting my period until at least 5/20, so, I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe all the sugar and carbs I ate over the weekend spurred it on? Who knows... :dizzy:

Good luck today, everyone!

Sum38 05-14-2012 08:17 PM

What a busy day I had. My pedometer logged 24000 steps :eek: I need to eat some more tonight, because I am only at 900 calories for the day and my steps alone burned 1200 cal.

My weight was 146.5 this am. I had a spike day yesterday, therefore I was fully expecting a higher weigh in.. I am sure I will be back at 146 tomorrow morning.

I power walked 5.5 miles
I drank my water/tea.
I logged all of my food.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Guacamole; I have noticed that my cycle is getting shorter with age. It used to be 34 days now I am at 28 days....I hope you are doing okay, and perhaps two day PMS is a blessing :D

cbigsis It is okay to splurge on Mother's Day. :) Sounds like you had a very active weekend. I love being outdoors and enjoying sun and family.

:wave: to everyone else, I am happy to be here.

natamars 05-14-2012 08:42 PM

1280 calories. Jogged 1.6 mil, walked 1.6 mi. Felt kind of bloated and crampy on my run so cut it short and walkde home. I did some extra walking during my son's soccer practice.

I was a bit over yesterday for Mother's Day, but not too bad..about 1800 calories total. My son made me a Mother's Day cupcake at the store so I split it with him. I told my husband and son that I didn't want anything food-related for the holiday, so we went bowling instead. I did have a few extra snacks at night as we watched a movie and the Once Upon a Time finale together.

Sum, WOW on the steps! You rock!!

guac, the important thing is that you're back on the wagon now, you couldn't have done too much damag ein a weekend although you may see some extra on the scale for a few days. My cycle is ALSO getting shorter - it used to be 28 days and now it's more like 21-24. Ugh!!

cbigsis, sounds like you had a nice, active Mother's Day!

KelStand, I hear what you're saying. I know not everyone agrees, but I believe in set point weights. I have certain weights that are hard to get below and which I can overeat to a point and stay at. It really takes concerted effort and tracking to break them. Stay with us!!