Old 04-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 191/170.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday all.

I'm so excited because I saw a pretty big drop in the scale Saturday down to 178.4. Of course I was back up yesterday & today, but I seem to get a pretty big drop in the scale for one day (I call it a sneak peek) about 4-5 days before it seems to stick. I would be so happy to get away from the 182-180 range. I've been here for almost a month. Ugh!

I'm about ready to start week 4 of my ripped in 30 DVD & can tell my jeans are getting looser, even if the scale doesn't agree. I do love that DVD. Once I finish week 4 I'm going to take a break from it for about 2 weeks before I try it again. The first time I had to do mostly all the easier versions & I'm looking forward to seeing how far I've progressed.

Have a great day all.

Kim
kandd416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #47  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, everyone! Well, tomorrow begins the beginning of a new beginning. In other words, relatives will be leaving tomorrow afternoon, kids all in school, and hopefully my diet getting back on track.

Still bloated and no TOM, clothes still tight, and eating still way off plan - I haven't tracked any calories in 1 1/2 weeks. However, tomorrow I'm back on track. I know I will be having withdrawal symptoms and cravings from all the sugar, carbs, and larger portions I have been consuming. I always have the pay the piper when I go on "vacation" from counting calories and carbs. Ah well.....

Congrats to those losing and on plan!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:07 AM   #48  

Official WI tomorrow, but I can't stay off the scale since I saw Saturday's drop out of the 180's, lol. As of this morning I'm at 179. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it sticks or goes a little lower. I'm so ready to get out of the 180's. I've been there forever!

I guess all I can do is continue on, it will come eventually. I'm just so proud of myself for not giving up, even though it hasn't exactly gone as I wanted it too. So yay me!

Have a great day all.
Kim
Old 04-17-2012, 08:10 AM   #49  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I am still here.... I will post later. It has been a rough week.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:11 AM   #50  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

TOM is here... grrr.. and I think my nutritionist has cast a spell that I only drop weight for my Thursday morning weigh ins lol! I'm excited with my new, higher goal weight; so amazing to think that I have under 20 lbs!! Now, to start chipping away...
fyreflie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #51  

It stuck! It stuck! Yay! I'm officially in the 170's! Look out 160's I'm heading your way!

All those exclamation points doesn't show you that I'm happy does it? 3 months of the 180's sucked. I'm aiming for two for the 170's, but won't be surprised if I don't make that goal. I am not trying to "diet" but make this a lifestyle change that I can continue & maintain, but boy do I wish the weight would just fly off!

Kristiina, I hope all is well for you. I miss your bright & chipper posts.

Donamari, it's great that you're within 20 lbs of your goal. Keep it up.

As always, have a great day.
Kim
Old 04-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #52  

Congratulations on the losses everyone! I stayed on plan yesterday, logged my calories, and so far so good for today! Still bloated and no TOM. Ugh. I am not stepping on the scale for at least 1 week or more - after TOM arrives.

Good luck today, everyone!
Old 04-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #53  

S/C/G: Afraid to look/135

Down to 141.8 this morning. Can't wait to get our of the 140's!
Walked this morning 1 & 1/2 hours so that's out of the way for the day.
Had a Good Belly Juice Drink 60 calories in 2.7 ounces, high but it's sweet and all I need for the morning.
Measuring coffee cream now...I couldn't believe how the calories in that added up! The fat free is so full of crap I refuse to use it...the second ingredient is corn syrup! So limiting to 1 TBLSP cream per cup of coffee...and that's = 20 calories per cup!
Sticking to low-cal stuff...love Tofu Pups...45 calories! Make sure they're hot, though because they aren't good cold. Also the Mix 1 Lean Performance Shakes are really filling at 90 calories = 11oz.
Hoping to get weight a little lower by Saturday morning because going to Bruins game Saturday and probably eating out!
KG123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #54  

Sum38 - Hope the week is getting better for you.

Congrats on all the great progress everyone. I am staying within my calorie range and watching carbs and sugars. I exercised for 1 hour today. TOM is still not here, yet the cramps and bloating are. I think it was my diet the last few weeks, with lots of sugars, sodium, and carbs. I am actually feeling a bit less bloated since starting back on track this week.

Good luck today!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:26 AM   #55  

Guac, great job keeping on track. I hate that bloated feeling before TOM! Poor you having it for a couple of weeks before. Ugh! That must be horrible.

My weight as of this morning was down 2 pounds since the start of this challenge, which is 40% of my goal. I'm hoping that I can finally make a goal!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Kim
Old 04-21-2012, 07:55 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi folks! I weighed in at 139 today...happy to be out of the 140's but for all I know I can be up tom 140 tomorrow!! Hardly sat today, was so busy cooking and cleaning, not sure how many calories that is but it should count for something!!! I'm still not done reading The Belly Fat Cure but I'm going to start the 14 day fast track program that they recommend to give me the push that I need to get serious about this.....as far as my problems go they are going to be here no matter what..so I can go through them gaining 30 lbs back or I can go through them and be healthy.....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #57  

Hi, all! TOM arrived yesterday....I am feeling icky, but glad that the end of the bloating and cramping is near! I saw a bunch of people who haven't seen me in awhile and they were amazed at how I looked. At least 4 people asked me confidentially how I had lost weight, and I told them calorie counting and exercise. They all asked, "So there is no magic pill?" I told them, unfortunately not.

I need to keep going and not backslide....I need to believe I can reach my goal even though it's taking a long time.

We can do this!
Old 04-22-2012, 07:48 AM   #58  

Oops,a little late to the thread but,here goes...

Goals for April, which I already have started,of course.

Drink up to ten 16-ounce bottles of water a day
Exercise 2 hours a day (one hour in the morning and one in the evening)
Cut carbs drastically
More protein in diet
Cut sugar intake drastically (NO SODA...not even diet)
More vegetables and fruits in diet (more fiber of any good kind)
Take vitamins daily
Meditation and breathing exercises daily and nightly

I've lost 11 pounds so far. I hope to reach 15 by the end of the month.
I feel so much more energized, which I need the most from this.
NoMore72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:10 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 165/163/125

I have to say I have done well in keeping with my goals. I am drinking the heck out of water. I have done my weight training and walked most every day.....but, this week I have NOT done a good job avoiding sweets! So, at my official weigh in this morning I had not lost a pound...an ounce...or anything! In fact, although the scale wasn't at 162...it was a few ounces closer.
I am a little discouraged, but I will keep on working at it.

Congrats to all of you that have seen success this week!! Reading your posts are such an inspiration!!!

Last edited by KelStand; 04-22-2012 at 10:11 AM.
KelStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #60  

Hello! Had a fattening Saturday, but am back on track today. Feeling pretty blah and down today.

This is not diet related but - I had a strange altercation at my kids school this morning. There was no parking, as usual, and I needed to park to go inside for 15 minutes or so. I went around the block and found a tight space to pull into. As I attempted to squeeze in, I tapped the bumper of the truck behind me, no damage was done to either car. As I was walking with my kids up the street, I heard a man yelling behind me, but I kept walking.

When I was done at the school and returned to the car with my kids, a woman came sailing out of her house and accosted me, screaming that I had hit her car and that I had ignored her husband who was trying to flag me down. She started screaming that I even if I don't have respect for my car, she cares about her car and doesn't want people hitting it, and that I must go around hitting people's cars all the time and not acknowledging it.

I looked at her sternly and told her that I apologized for what happened to her car, but I had only tapped her car by accident and no damage was done - which she didn't deny. She looked slightly mollified by the apology, and then huffed that if she ever saw me doing anything like that again, she was contacting the authorities.

Honestly, you would have thought that I killed someone in a hit and run accident the way she ran after me and was screaming! Luckily, my kids were already in the car and didn't hear the exchange, but I felt like some kind of murderer. The level of overreaction was crazy.

I once did hit someone's parked car a few years ago when I was reversing down a street (because the street was blocked at the other end) and I left a note and contact information. However, would any of you leave a note or ring doorbells to find the owner of a car you tapped while parallel parking and no damage was done? I honestly don't think I behaved badly. Am I wrong?