Old 04-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #31  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Happy Monday!

My weekend just flew by. We did a lot of garden clean up and played with our seedlings

I am having problem with my ball join; hip area. It flares up every now and then. I took 2 days off from walking, and my walk today was not easy. I felt I had wooden legs My hip hurt, it radiated pain to my groin area and both achilles tendons were super tight and it was uncomfortable. -- I am usually a speed demon. -- It all got looser after 3.5 miles, but it was just not a fun walk; it was work I took some aleve and I am going to keep taking them until the pain goes away, I am sure it is inflamed.

Kim; you must be retaining weight. I bet you are sore!! You will have a nice swoosh coming up.

Guacamole; hang in there! In a grand scheme of things, even a few pound gain, will not matter. It is a journey, right?

Last edited by Sum38; 04-09-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #32  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Kelly; Sounds good. Even if you just cut back carbs at first and eat lean meats, you will probably shed some weight and the lean protein will keep you from binging. I make fruit smoothies every few days, and I feel like I am eating creamy ice cream Hardest part is to just keep going. -- 3FC have kept me going. I would have given up MANY times, but I started forming relationships and I have felt accountable and I did not want to disappoint my new friends.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hello everyone...I'm down a bit, I'm sure it is just bloat. I feel extremely bloated as I k now I have told you all before.

I bought a new diet book today (to add to the 100 that i already own!) It is the Belly Fat Cure..basically another low carb book, but I really needed something that was going to get me excited about low carbing again and a structured program is what I need. Atkins was way too restricted for me and it does make me feel shakey, something that I can't risk feeling again since I"m already an emotional wreck. Anyhoo I can't wait to get to read it totnight. Taking my son to track and I may just walk the track myself while he's practicing, the coach said parents are free to run (ME run? bahahahaha...that's funny). But brisk walking I can do.

Looks like everyone is holding strong.

I enjoy reading all your posts and I feel safe here.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #34  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Height: 5'4"

Sum: Thanks!

hey folks! Well I had a bit of a food meltdown on Thursday but I'm back on the saddle and have reversed the damage (even over the holiday, which I'm happy about!). Hoping for another pound between now and my Thursday weigh in. That puts me at 30 to go, 20 to get to a normal bmi... trying to stay focused and push forward as I approach the June 23rd beach date. I have a history of self sabotage so it's a demon I need to keep in check. Had family in town so today I get to return to my yoga schedule... thank goodness they have childcare as my oldest is away all week and my youngest is on spring break!

Hope everyone is doing well!
fyreflie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 191/170.6/150

Kristiina, if you're in that much discomfort, maybe you should take it easy for a day or two. We're not exactly 20 somethings anymore.

Donamari, great job on sticking with your yoga. You've been awesome with that.

Zumba, hopefully you'll find something you enjoy & works for you.

Have a great day all.
Kim
kandd416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 191/185/145

Height: 5'5"

Here are my goals:
-Lose 4 more lbs.
-Workout 5 days a week.
-Do not overeat.
-Eat healthier

I lost 3 pds recently, I now weigh 172. I started at 180 actually about 183. If I lose just 3 more pounds I will then be down in the 160's! Then 150 doesnt seem as far away.

Last edited by kandyrews; 04-10-2012 at 11:43 AM.
kandyrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #37  

Great work ladies! Im always amazed when people can get through the the holidays without a gain......

I finally had my period and feel relieved from bloat already......Now to lose some FAT! My son baked bread today which really set me back....low carbin' is hard to do with fresh baked bread sitting around. Still i'm down a bit and will take every ounce at this point!!
Old 04-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #38  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Quick check-in, everyone! Glad to see so many fighters in this thread! My food hasn't been great, but it could be worse. I have been getting lots of walking in every day, so that's a plus. I am feeling bloated already, and it's really pi**ing me off! I just got my period on 3/24, so why should I already be bloating with painful boobies on 4/11? Ugh! I'm not even having any more kids, so why do I need to suffer like this every month!? Ah well, rant over.

Good luck, everyone!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #39  

Guac I hear you girl.....I tend to have more intense PMS symptoms now that I"m older, it makes no sense to me. Some months are worse than others , and there is no doubt in my mind it has to do with nutrition. A water pill may help releive some of that bloat and painful boobies.

I am so tired of not being able to get dressed in the morning. All my pants HURT.....what is it going to take? Having the kids doesn't help this week, today I got us all huge bagels with cream cheese....talk about carbohydrate overload, that was probably the amount of carbs I should have in one week...Okay, enough whining. I am challenging myself to do push ups every day in order to get rid of some of this arm flab!! Adding that to the challenge.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 165/163/125

Hello, All!!

The last couple of days have been up and down for me. I have walked and lifted my weights with the exception of today! My monthly visitor just will not go away this month with today being day 10 and the heaviest day yet!!! I just "love" my 46 year old body!!! My periods are soooo unpredictable. I wonder if this is another reason I am having such a difficult time with my weight. My hormones must be a mess!

Anyway, I refuse to weigh myself again till this cycle is over. I know I am bloated and retaining water! Yuck!!

Kristina: Take it easy. You don't want to do damage that may keep you from exercising a long period of time!

Zumba: I hope you feel better soon!

Everyone: You are all an inspiration to me!!! I love how you all stick with your goals even with setbacks!!!

Have a great rest of the week!!!
KelStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #41  

Morning everyone. It looks like I already blew my goal of posting here every day M-F. Yesterday was a crazy busy day with computer crashes and all other sorts of fun stuff at work. And as the boss I'm expected to fix everything. Ugh!

Well the scale was 1.2 pounds lighter today than it was yesterday, but still not back to where I was last week. It's kind of weird that I've felt great & wasn't sore at all after all the yardwork until today. Today my arms are feeling like jello. Hello, I did all that work 4 days ago why am I sore today?

But I seem to have moved past the disappointment stage. Thanks in large part to my hubbie. He has been so great! He went shopping yesterday & picked me up a bunch of low fat & low calorie versions of the food on my shopping list. Awwww. I didn't even know they had a reduced calorie/fat blue cheese.

Anywho,continue to fight the fat ladies & have a wonderful day.
Kim
Old 04-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #42  

Woohoo! Another 1 lb loss as of this morning. This brings me to .2 lighter than I was at my 4/4 weigh in. But maybe the water whoosh may continue tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Looking over my daily weigh ins, I notice a little trend where I seem to weigh more on Monday than I did on Friday even though I'm eating the same amount of calories, or close to it. I think I've figured it out. When I'm working I tend to eat 5-6 times per day, but on the weekends I usually only eat 2-3. Could this put my body into starvation mode & slow down my metabolism on the weekends? Hmmmm

Well, I'm going to try to eat a little better over the weekend & see what Monday brings.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Kim
Old 04-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #43  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Quick check-in. Still bloated, crampy and PMSy - no monthly visitor yet, but that would put me at getting my period 10 days earlier than last month! I just don't get my body anymore. I haven't weighed myself,but my clothes are all tight and I know I have put on weight. I still have 2 days to go until relatives are all back home and normal eating can commence! I really need to get back to my routines. I am feeling so down about my weight loss progress right now. I feel like I will never reach a normal BMI much less my goal weight.

I look around me, and although I am no longer the heaviest woman in a crowd, I by far am not among the thinnest. I still have that middle-age spread - that "mom body" that wears "mom jeans." I feel so young inside, but look so old on the outside. I have seen so many slender women lately, now that the weather is warmer, wearing shorts and cute slenderizing sun dresses. I feel so stocky and heavy in comparison.

I keep thinking to myself that next year at this time, maybe I will look like they do. Maybe I will think back to April 2012, and marvel over how much weight I have lost by April 2013. Maybe by then I will be at my goal weight or even lower - maybe back at my college weight or high school weight. It doesn't seem possible right now.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:12 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 165/163/125

Default 2 more down!!

I weighed myself this morning and I was down 2 pounds to 161!!! I even shifted my feet around to make sure I was standing on it correctly and the same number popped up over and over!! Woohoo! Now I just have to figure out how to change my ticker thingy!!

Hang in there guacamole....you will feel better soon!!!
KelStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #45  

Guac I just want to send you a big hug. I know how you feel.....young but in a body that you don't recognize or that doesn't feel like "you". It's hard to feel good when you feel "bloated". I had my period and got some relief but now Im feeling bloated again so soon..what the hay? does being in my forties juust mean I'll be bloated all the dang time?

I'm having stomach issues still and amd seeing the doctor tomorrow about it...

Kudos to those that are losing..way to go!!!