3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   April Showers Bring May Flowers Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/256166-april-showers-bring-may-flowers-challenge.html)

Colette1 04-04-2012 05:02 PM

Hello: Can I join the 40 something group?

I would like to be part of a WL support community. I am a very busy mother of 3 and a full time attorney. I weighed 150 five years ago and had bounced around in the 135-155 range from early 20s to age 40 (excepting birth of my twins when I went up to 190).

Last summer I hit 180 and made the mistake of going on Zoloft and promptly gained over 20 pounds more in a very short period while eating not that much at all. I am now off the Zoloft and am temporarily on Wellbutrin

I am tracking calories on an Iphone App, trying to do cardio three times per week, drinking water, taking Vitamin D, fish oil, magnesium and B12. I am a modified low carber and try to emmphasize veggies, protein and healthy fat,

Hope to be supportive and get support.

KG123 04-05-2012 03:55 PM

Okay, I blew this a few months ago, but I'm here again!
This is the real thing...2 months to summer. UGH!

Here are my goals :
>Cut Calories
>Walk at least 5X/WK, at least 1/HOUR and at least 1 1/2 HOURS 2X/WK
>After losing 10 pounds, Start some weight training
>Get to 138 by the end of April
>Get ot 128 by the end of May
>At least 6-8/oz glass of water/day
>Allow a little leeway on the weekends...just a LITTLE!

My GO TO Foods are :
Gnu Bars = 140 Calories 12 grams of Fiber
Mix Lean Performance Protein Shakes = 90 Calories 3 grams of FIber
Egg Whites with Mustard
Salad with Non Fat Maple Grove Farms of VT Dressing (All Natural)
Good Belly Yogurts = 60 Calories
Hi Fiber Cereals with 1/2 cup milk..I like Kashi Heart to Heart..120/cal 3/4c
10 Calorie Chicken Broth
Celery, Carrot and Raw Pepper Slices.

panzees36 04-05-2012 10:52 PM

I'm up for the challenge. Here are my goals:
-Lose 5 more lbs.
-Workout 5 days a week.
-Limit sweets even more.
-Don't overeat. If I go to bed full I feel like crap the next morning.

guacamole 04-05-2012 11:35 PM

Hey, everyone! Welcome all newcomers and nice to have you aboard! Didn't do too badly today - stayed within calories, but ate more carbs than usual and some wings and beef tips in a sugary BBQ sauce for dinner. I know I will see the results on the scale. This is the tip of the iceberg for the next 2 weeks....here we go down the white water rapids of social eating events! Wish me luck.

Zumbachica 04-06-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sum38 (Post 4280058)
Zumbachica ~ have you been tested for gluten allergy? I lived in misery for years and years. Even my cellulite is better :D -- Someone had a thread about cellulite and I realized after living gluten free for 18 or so months, my cellulite has almost disappeared. A bonus there!

OH MY GOSH..didn't know GLUTIN had anything to do with cellulite..that's completely WILD.

Bread makes me feel bloated, but nothing major. I know that I DO feel better when I'm low carbing....I wonder if there is a connection to that and the gluten. What kind of test do you take to see if you have gluten allergy or celiac?

Zumbachica 04-06-2012 02:49 PM

I refuse to weigh myself until after my period arrives, I'm super bloated right now. Still, I'm trying my best to keep away from sugar. I am eliminating this from my diet first, then I will eliminate most breads, rice and pasta. I keep telling mysel there are things coming up that I want to be slimmer for.....Memorial Day Weekend, some trips coming up this summer, etc.

KelStand 04-06-2012 07:35 PM

I am in!!

Hello! I love this idea! My goals are:
1. Lose 4 pounds! This would put me back in the 150s!
2. Weight train 3 days a week (at least).
3. Cardio 4 days a week!
4. Drink 8 glasses of water a day.

I hope my goals aren't too lofty. Although I do realize 4 lbs isn't much, but I have hypothyroidism and loosing any weight is a huge challenge!!

Good luck everyone!!!

guacamole 04-06-2012 07:45 PM

Checking in...didn't do too badly today. Stuck to salad and tuna fish instead of more fattening options that others were indulging in. Dinner will be a challenge. I did lots of walking today, so hopefully, that will offset some of the extra calories I plan to consume tonight!

Good luck, everyone!

Zumbachica 04-07-2012 11:54 AM

Well I said that I refused to weigh myself but I did anyway and to my shock and horror I am the heaviest that I have been in a really long time. I know that I'll lose a few lbs in bloat when my period comes and goes in a few days but I still have ALOT of work to do, and that's what it is to me...HARD WORK. by the time this divorce is over I'll probably have 30 lbs to lose instead of ten.....what a struggle this is. But I"m going to try. Took a toning class this morning and worked hard....will try and get my bike out later for a little bike riding since it is such a beautiful day.......Taking the kids to a fondue restaurant tonight which is okay if I stick to dipping veggies into cheese and have a big salad. Low carbin' is the only thing that works for me. Have turkey salad for lunch, no bread. Did'nt have much of a breakfast, I was pressed for time. have a great day everyone.

Sum38 04-07-2012 06:49 PM

Happy day before Easter!

Just a gorgeous day :sunny: I (and my DH) worked on our seedlings, repotting them from their starter trays. I am going to have a MASSIVE garden this year. Just to give you an example; 72 tomato plants, 39 basil plants...and the variety I have growing is vast. I know we are crazy :crazy:

Zumbachica I don't know if it was me going off gluten or just eating better that caused my reduced cellulite. What ever it is, I am not complaining....now if I could find a cure for those veins on my legs that are starting to show up :lol3: --
I had many tests done... I was VERY ill a few years back. I was diagnosed with lupus. I was in and out of hospital for months, bed ridden and on that horrid prednisone for 8 months. My lupus would flare up over and over again. Finally I was tested for Ceiliac. It was a blood test, but gluten intolerance test can be tested on skin I believe. You can self test by going off all gluten for a month or so and try eating them again... My life is SOOOOO much better now. Lupus flare ups are basically gone, joint pains are mostly gone, mo more bloat

Guacamole I see 158 :woohoo:

Kelly Nice goals. And in my book, any loss is a good loss! Shoot for 4 and if it is 1, we will still celebrate! :hat:

panzees36 Limiting sugar sounds FAB! No easter candy for you.:nono::nono: :rofl: -- See we will watch your back :hug:

KG123 Your goals are quite high. I wish you luck!!

Colette1 :wave: to another attorney. And :welcome:

fyreflie24 I think I saw your stats on bathing suit challenge...awesome!!:high:

Sorry if I missed anyone! :grouphug:

KelStand 04-08-2012 12:39 AM

today.....

Thanks so much for the encouragement! It is energizing!
I met my goal of drinking water....that one is actually pretty easy! But, I did not do any exercise today. Truth be known...it was what I call "the bad day" of the month. That one day when my monthly is at its heaviest. I typically hang around home on those days if I can!
Anyway, I don't consider it a setback! I will stay on track!

Also....my spidey-senses are up in regards to gluten intolerance. The more I hear about it and read about it, I wonder if I have not become intolerant. I don't think it is uncommon for people with thyroid issues. I may try your advice of becoming as gluten-free as possible for a month to see if I feel a difference.

I hope all of you have a lovely Sunday!!:bubbles:

Sum38 04-08-2012 08:52 AM

Kelly, your stats are almost identical to mine where I started at. I have stayed on path 98% since December 4 th. it has been a frustrating journey and I am not even half sway done, but each pound gone is a pound won. I have basically dead thyroid, lupus and celiac and they all go hand in hand, so yup it would be wise to get it checked out.

KelStand 04-08-2012 09:21 PM

Kristina- Hang in there! Good for you for sticking with it!! I am having a hard time dealing with my weight gain and not being able to eat when and what I want. I know I sound like a baby, but up until a couple of years ago, I could pretty much do that....
Anyway, I am going to concentrate of eating fruits, veges and water and back off meats & pastas. Maybe I can start seeing and feeling a difference!
Take care!

guacamole 04-08-2012 09:43 PM

Hey, everyone! Didn't do well with eating over the weekend at all. My youngest xhild asked me if my stomach got so big because of all the babies that had been in it! Well, yes....and also all the food I have been eating! Ugh... This is going to be a tough few weeks.

kandd416 04-09-2012 02:04 PM

Hopefully everyone's having a good Monday.

I had a busy long weekend, with a huge landscaping project. We shoveled, & moved almost 5 yards of landscaping stones over this weekend on top of building retaining walls, rototilling & weeding existing flowerbeds. So for all my hard work this weekend I was rewarded by a 2.5 pound gain. Hopefully this is really just my muscles retaining water & I will be back down by WI on Wednesday.

Guac, I know just how you feel. Everyone here has been so supportive & it's nice to have people to talk to that really do understand. My husband is great & is very supportive, but since he's never had to lose weight he doesn't get it when I get discouraged or have a bad day. I know I'm doing it the right way, losing slow & yada yada yada, but some days I just want to whine because I want to be at least 20 lbs lighter by now. And this is where I come to do that. Aren't ya'll lucky? lol

It so helps to know that the little ups & downs I have are normal & I'm not really doing anything wrong. It's nice not to have to fight this battle alone.

Have a great day.
Kim