40-Something Chat in March!

You're on Page 1 of 9
Go to
  • Just getting us started! Time to put Feburary behind us and March on!
  • My goodness, is it March already???? Is the year flying by or what?

Well I got my 5k in 34:06 last night, my best time this year so far. Ate on plan except for the damn cookie. 1936 calories in and 3100 calories out. Upper body tonight. Yay! I'm at the beach this weekend so no more squats this week. Not sure what I'm going to do for lower body at the beach. I think my FIL's golf club has a small gym with some machines.
  • Interesting observation from last night's dinner with girlfriends. Had my grilled chicken and small side salad and was quite content. Their portions on the other hand were enormous. I couldn't believe it. It was something I had never really paid attention to before but wowza! Made me wonder how they could eat all of that (not in a judgmental way). How does it all fit in there and how do they not weigh 300 pounds? I think it's a good sign that I'm becoming more aware and accountable (and not the slightest bit tempted).
  • Quote: Interesting observation from last night's dinner with girlfriends. Had my grilled chicken and small side salad and was quite content. Their portions on the other hand were enormous. I couldn't believe it. It was something I had never really paid attention to before but wowza! Made me wonder how they could eat all of that (not in a judgmental way). How does it all fit in there and how do they not weigh 300 pounds? I think it's a good sign that I'm becoming more aware and accountable (and not the slightest bit tempted).
    I know what you mean. Once I really started watching what I eat, I started watching what others eat. Not be be judgmental, but you just notice things more. I still get bummed when I see very thin folks eating all sorts of junk, but I know their insides are probably not healthy. I do notice more thin people that eat very healthily. I had always thought the thin folks ate whatever they wanted and were just blessed with being thin! I know I didn't really think that, but part of me did.
  • Happy March!

My month is off to a great start...down 5.2 lbs at my weigh-in today!
    Of course, I came in at 250.2...looking forward to saying "I weigh less than 250." Next week!
    I am 27% of the way toward my goal weight!
    I also ordered myself a Yoga for large bodies and Pilates for weight loss DVDs...I can wait!

My biggest NSV is having more energy to play with my kids & horses!
  • I just turned 40 in Feb. Thought I would say hi and start chatting with y'all. My March weight wise is not starting off good. I gained last month. Which I am not really surprised about. I was sick most of the month. (still have the cough and the nice(not so nice) side effects from the antibotic.) I will start back up exercising with zumba when that is over with but I am back to using the weights today.

Hi.
  • Pretty day here. I've got the windows open again! Cardio and stretching for later.

My mom got me watching Dr Oz for a few weeks, one thing he said was to have a 'cheat' day. I tried this and it seems to work, if I have one day I can go 'overboard' I can 'do better' the rest of the week. So yesterday was my day this week, while last week it was Thursday.

Gem, great job on your 5 lbs.

cldwv, years ago, Hubby and I used to eat at Taco Bell about once a weekend, we would each get 3 tacos, beans, and a large {huge} drink...and finish it all. Nowdays we wonder how we ate that much.

SnowAngel, welcome, glad to have you join us.

Andrew, good time for the 5k. Enjoy the beach.
  • I did 25min of cardio and 25min of active stretching.
  • I did good yesterday on my eating. 2000 calories in, but I didn't get my workout in so only 2600 out. My youngest DD fell in the playground at school and hit a bench head on. She got a concussion and had to be taken to the emergency room. She's ok, but it threw my schedule off and I wasn't able to recover. But I am down another 1.2 pounds, so officially 20 pounds lost. Yay!
  • Hope your dd is okay Andrew! Those concussions can have some persistent effects.

My b-day is tomorrow. I'll be 45. I have some relatively major eating planned over the weekend. I hope I don't do too much damage. I will definitely still exercise and try to moderate the eating!
  • Quote: Hope your dd is okay Andrew! Those concussions can have some persistent effects.

My b-day is tomorrow. I'll be 45. I have some relatively major eating planned over the weekend. I hope I don't do too much damage. I will definitely still exercise and try to moderate the eating!
    Thanks. She'll be ok. They did a CT scan of her head and no bleeding or anything on the brain, but she did go unconscious briefly so a pretty hard hit and a nasty bruise on her forehead.

Happy 45th birthday!!! Hope you have a great one and enjoy yourself!!
  • Geez Andrew. That's so scary! I'm glad to hear she's doing okay.

Happy birthday Michelle and early happy birthday Andrew. I just turned 44. Funny how we're all clumped together like that.
  • Hubby stayed up til Mid last night watching Top Gear, then April <-- woke us up an hour later trotting around the house and barking {her signal that something is wrong} so we investigated that, but while we had investigated she went back to bed so it was probably just a squirrel on the roof! I tend to sleep late on Fridays but my parents called to ask if they could come by and give me money/coupon to buy myself a Bday present? Who would turn them away??? As soon as they left Hubby came home for lunch {a rare occurance}, so here it is 11am and I'm just starting my morning routine.

BTW: my Bday isn't until April. The Bible study Mom and I {CBS} attend announced that what we will study next year and said we will change from the NIV to the ESV translation, which I don't have, so my parents offered to buy me one for my Bday. Because of my vision I need a large print which I sometimes have to order. Also, my parents like to plan ahead...something which I didn't inheirit from them.

Cardio for later. I have the windows open again, its nice outside; high of 81* but its overcast, very windy, and is supposed to rain.

Andrew, poor DD! Glad to hear she's okay! Yay on your 20lbs!!

Michele, Happy Bday! Have a great weekend.
  • I did 30min on the dreadmill, then stopped and did 30min with Leslie from 5MFB. I enjoyed the second workout a lot more.
  • Had my second wi today was down 6lbs and 7 inches. That's 13 lbs in two weeks.