Height: 5'7

Sept 15
B= 2 c milk, vits, banana
L= Old Venice's Pasta Primavera, 2 breadsticks
S= croutons, 2 cookies
D= Almond chicken, steamed Broc
S= choc muffin
E= none

sorry I didn't checkin yesterday. No workout. I did go to Bible study, led my first group as a sub {went well} and afterwards had lunch with my Mom who came for the last part of the study. Hubby and I did some shopping last night. I bought a new New Balance HRM watch on clearance at Target for $17! Its slimmer than the old making it more comfortable to wear and it has more features! I"m also having trouble finding canned pumpkin to make more muffins. I keep hearing that its 'seasonal', I can get 'organic' at Target but I think Libby's is better. I may have to buy a few cases this autumn and store them in the garage to use year round!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #77  

Wink Challenge to newbies

Back again. Still a newbie but getting going. Exercised 3 days in a row which is a great start.

Challenge to newbies...
Pick one thing to do this week and stick to it.

Suggestions....
  • no soda
  • exercise 10 minutes
  • no refined sugar
  • no refined carbs
  • take a walk

Then share it here with all of us.
KayMaxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #78  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Nice challenge, KayMaxim. I already ahve the soda down. Not ready for no sugar or carbs. Maybe a daily walk.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:26 PM   #79  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

patch- the markets here never have pumpkin all year round, I think it is seasonal. I eat alot of Libby's pure pumpkin from Oct. thru Jan. I stock up when it comes out, I still have a can left from last year. LOL

I started getting sick last night, a cold & achy all over. Not so achy today, but feel like crap. Took my walk anyway, just a slower pace. I read exercise boosts the immune system, so I was hoping it would help. Made sure to eat lots of fruit today, to get my vitamin C. I have no appetite, but the fruit made me feel better. Going to bed early tonight!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:30 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/118

Hi all,
Sorry i've been absent this summer but have been under incredible work load. (had 2 months to completely put a 400 million dollar company on it's own 2 feet after being carved out of mother ship - new financial systems new hr systems completely new infrastructure spent August digging out and starting to see the light..)

So far i'm doing ok on weight loss stuck for a few weeks now but that too hopefully will change again - or i'll have to lower caloric intake again.. ugh...

Hope everyone is well - missed you guys and the support!

C.
SILLYCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:35 PM   #81  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Sept 16
L= turkey sand
D= 1/2 homemade chicken pizza
S= choc muffin
S=apple w PB
E= 45min cardio

sillycat, glad you could dig yourself out and checkin with us. Good to hear from you

FL, I guess I never paid much attention to canned pumpkin before, I usually only made pumpkin pies in the fall.

Kay, good job on the exercise!
Old 09-17-2011, 11:03 AM   #82  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi all!

I've been away on a school trip with 146 grade 9 students since Monday; exhausted, and not even going to weigh myself until tomorrow. There were no food choices - only what was on the menu for the trip. To be honest - I'll be happy if I haven't gained!

Hope you are all well.
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:16 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/118

Hi all - rainy here in the northwest - cleaned all day dinner with friend this evening.. a restaurant that is so yummy - but heck gotta splurge once in a while right??

I've been craving buttery foods and this place will hit the mark - awesome Italian food!!

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend!!

C.
SILLYCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #84  
and Between

S/C/G: 223/223/170

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by miracleminded1 View Post
I do okay starting something, but have a tough time keeping up with it, it seems especially so when I actually start to have some success.
This is me as well. I've been reading on this site a lot since I joined. It's interesting to see all the different ways people handle their weight loss. Many ways I've tried in the past as well. Some have worked, some haven't. One thing I get from reading here, is do what works for you, and if something doesn't work, try a new way. But no matter what, don't give up. I've never counted calories before. The last few days I found out what my calorie intake should be to lose, in a healthy way. I'm finding I can't eat enough! But watching what I put in my mouth in helping... this time. So I'd like to join as well and keep myself accountable. I've always tried to do this on my own. Obviously, that doesn't work.

Yesterday:

30 wheat thins 325 (throughout the day)
salad 200
8oz tuna 360
1 1/4 cup kix 110
granola bar 100
salad 230
apple slices with FF Cool Whip - 200
2 servings of water

1525 Total

My calorie amount for the day should be around 1867 to lose 50 pounds by May 20th.

Nothing yet this morning. I've never been one to eat breakfast. It seems to make me hungrier and cause me to eat more. I'm afraid to start, even though I've read breakfast is a big thing to help.

Oh, I've always gauged by how my clothes fit. Does weighing yourself everyday help keep you track better?

Last edited by Betwixt; 09-18-2011 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Corrected addition
Betwixt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #85  

Sept 18
B= 2 c mik, vits, banana
L= Jason's Deli small Pollo Mexicana Spud
D= homemade corned beef, carrots, onions, bread/butter
S+ choc muffin

Hubby spend most of Sat at the local airshow, so we packed a lot into today! My dad felt well enough to go to church, lunch, and a little shopping; when we visited today he said he's in no pain and just wants to get back to normal. Everyone at church made a big fuss over him surprised to see him recovering so quickly.

Betwixt, opinions vary. Daily weighing tends to drive my crazy because my weight fluctuates a lot during the week; I tend to weigh once a week at the most. I don't like to eat breakfast so I usually stick with milk/fruit then have an early lunch.

Sillycat, Its supposed to rain all next week here. sigh.

Heather, your trip does sound exhauting. Glad you survived.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:12 PM   #86  
and Between

Thank you Patchwork. I'm afraid that is what would happen to me and I would want to give up. I've never done it and I wonder if I did, I might hold myself even more accountable. I'll have to think about this one.

Today:

oatmeal 220
salad 230
shrimp 100
Special K Chips 15 - 55
special k crackers 24 - 120
salad 350
1 smores 248

Total: 1323

I didn't get in my fifth day of exercise in. I did clean a lot today so I did something.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:14 PM   #87  

Sept 19
L= roast beef sandwich
D= Pizza Hut's pasta, mixed veggies, meatball pizza's
S= 1 choc muffin
E= 45min cardio/weights

Dinner was given to us by my parents. Someone gave them the pasta as an 'after surgery' meal but its not on Dad's scrict diet so they gave it to us. We at the pasta and the veggies, then an hour or so later were hungry again so we make the pizzas. Then we split a muffin then split another. We both have a tendancy to not eat during the day and then be insatiable at night.

We watched the movie "Grace Card", filmed here in Memphis {unlike say Memphis Beat!}. It was a very good movie; Hubby and I got a little distracted at times by the places we recognized and have been.

Betwixt, good job on the cleaning!
Old 09-19-2011, 11:03 PM   #88  
and Between

Day's Total

Cal 1507

I'm keeping track on a calorie log and copy and paste isn't working to put here. 2 servings of water and 45 minutes of exercise.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 169/139/125

Height: 5'4

Congratulations Leslie,
This just goes to show how critical it is that we eat healthy and exercise. My husband has just had his cholesterol medicine increased but he has not reduced his intake of fried foods.
A lot of medicine could be reduced by simple food changes.
mszeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:40 PM   #90  

Step 20:
L= turkey sand
D= Corned Beef, veggies, bread {judging from the amount of fat on the top of the leftover corned beef in the fridge we won't be having that again soon! yuck!}
S= choc muffin, fresh from the oven wheat bread! I added more wheat flour and its better this week!}
E= 30min treadmill