going to be 48

• Hi everyone,

I haven't posted much in this sub forum, but I have some questions.

My average adult weight was 150, from 42 to 46 around 170, now I'm 180 with spikes up to 185, yikes, the good news is I am seeing 179.

So what I have I done? I guess you could say I should log my food but I haven't been very successful at that, However I do have a cybex, a treadmill, a gymbox membership , exercise t.v., a mountain bike, and trails to run and bike on, I have increased my exercise and for the most part don't eat out much, don't eat much sugar or fat, although I really have to watch my sodium. So I know, the eating part needs more work.

So I was told by my doctor that I am in early menopause and my thyroid test was "borderline"
    I also have high cholesterol and have had high blood pressure, although my blood pressure is quite low now. So my question is, is all this making it harder for me to lose weight, or do you think its just diet?

I also developed heavy sweating and last month I had back spasms, making it difficult to do anything for several days. Any input or advice appreciated.

Thanks!
  • Hi Rosemarie,

Wow - i feel like i could have written this exact post myself. My circumstances are very similar. In perimenopause + pretty much hypothyroid.
    I been up in the 170's some days and i found it very discouraging.

Good news though - I went to a naturopath almost a week ago - she gave me supplements to help the thyroid - and the scale actually went down a tiny bit.
    I am encouraged!
    So don't give up hope - keep trying other avenues till you find the right one.

Susan
  • Thanks Susan,

I do take some supplements, b12 and bcomplex due to a deficiency, vitamin c powder, chlorophyll, and 4 fish oil pills a day. I was taking wellbutrin but found all it did was increase my anxiety and sleep problems, after an initial weight loss, on top of all this I need a third knee surgery that is work related, not to be a whiner but geez, and to top it off I just haven't felt great the last couple of years, even after all that exercise, my cloths are still tight! Although I have noticed a bit of extra endurance since I upped the exercise, what supplements are good for the slow thyroid?
  • Hi Rosemarie,

The supplements are custom - something the ND whipped up, so I have no idea what is in them.
    I would recommend seeing an ND if you can - might help you out.
    It is a rough time to go through - so best to get all the help/advice you can.
    If you need to chat further - you can alway PM me as I don't visit these boards with much frequency.

Susan