3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   40-Something Chat. All Welcome and that's no April Fools! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/229525-40-something-chat-all-welcome-thats-no-april-fools.html)

AnnieDrews 04-11-2011 10:21 AM

Looks like I'm the first one here today! It cooled down over night and I got to turn off the A/C in the house. It is just TOO EARLY to be using A/C!! Hope it is a while now before I have to turn it on again. The wind and cold coming in the windows last night kept me from sleeping soundly so I stayed in bed 30 extra min. this morning. Then I got up and did a 2 mile WATP w/ one pound hand weights. I had stopped using weights while I was having the issues with my neck/upper back. I thought I would do the one pounders and see if it went okay. I want to ease back into using 2 and/or 3 pounds again.

I'm trying to think of something quick to go with supper tonight. I have some polish sausage and some smoked sausage I am going to stir fry with peppers and onions. I had thought of rice but will probably make rice tomorrow night to go with some fish I want to grill or bake. I then thought of doing some pasta in a garlic/butter sauce. I still may do that if I think I can limit my serving size on it....I just love it!! I may do baked potatoes instead....not sure....any suggestions??

So NP, what is the official end-date of the now-47 day challenge?? I'm looking forward to having something to work toward. I want to get out of this rut and get to goal so I can just enjoy (?) learning to maintain. Basically that is what I have been doing, but not purposefully.

How is everyone doing today??

nationalparker 04-11-2011 11:30 AM

Okay, glad you're in with me, Annie! You're right - 47 days to get us to the Friday before Memorial Day. I'm wanting to get more into clothes that don't fit (butt/hips/thigh-wise) than to be at a weight, but with paying for WW I want that to happen, too. I am trying to commit to being as active as I can! I got up a smidge earlier to get on the treadmill before work - and DID IT. Not long enough, but baby steps in the morning. :) Looks like it'll be a rainy day, so will plan to get on the treadmill again tonight.

How about corn on the cob? Sweet potato wedges are a favorite of mine, too - I peel, cut into fairly thin slices and then toss with pepper, garlic salt and a little olive oil (or Pam if you prefer) and bake at 400 and turn once. They don't take too long. And tasty! But pasta and potatoes sound good to me, too :) We grilled skewers of peppers (they were $1 each for the red/yellow/orange ones - yay!) and onions to go with our turkey burgers yesterday. I boiled corn on the cob but we were too full. Of course, then I did an apple crumble - light, but still... I had one serving and it was good, but won't be calling my name every day until it's gone, so that's good. The raspberry one sure did!

Will catch up more at lunch.

AnnieDrews 04-11-2011 12:26 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, NP. I'll think about the corn... Neither one of my boys are huge sweet potato fans, so not sure they would go for that. Pasta is really calling my name.:(

nationalparker 04-11-2011 01:03 PM

I have to say, I don't like a baked sweet potato (wish I did) but I LOVE those... But if pasta is calling to you, go for it! Just cook up three servings and then you're not tormented by seconds.

Am I the only person who hasn't Zumba-d? I need to check out a dvd from the library one week and give it a try. Sillycat - how do you like it?

Bought a bathing suit yesterday at, of all places, Sam's. When I used to swim a lot, i'd buy a few there every year since they were Speedos and around $20 instead of $80 ... well, I put it on when I got home (no dressing rooms there) and it was a shock to see my big white dimply thighs - shocked me so much it brought tears to my eyes and my husband just couldn't understand. THAT was a motivator to keep up the activity and keep portions in check! And also to haul out the bottle of self tanner to turn those thighs at least a LITTLE tan. Yowsers - If I'm going to be wearing that in 47 days, I need to make serious progress. Still upset.

Looking forward to hearing how everyone's weekends went ... any big challenges this week? Kitteh -do you start your new position this week?

AnnieDrews 04-11-2011 02:09 PM

NP-I've never tried Zumba. I assumed there were lots of high-impact moves and those aren't good for my joints.

Good idea on actually measuring how many servings I make of the pasta....who woulda thunk it??:o I've gotten out of the habit of measuring things like I was there for a long time. Thanks for the reminder.

Losing80 04-11-2011 02:12 PM

Hiya and happy monday, gang. Eating well continues to go badly. Working out is a lot simpler. I'm concentrating on reliable pre- and post-workout food. Coming to grips with an entire day's food is too much! Ahhhh - I'm melllllltiiiiiing!

It's sunny and almost a little too warm here today. Boy do the neighbor's gardens look great!

Has anyone tried sweet potato as a side for salmon?

Losing80 04-11-2011 02:14 PM

Oh hey, forgot to mention.... I've added an old workout DVD to the M-W-F mix. It's the Beachbody Turbo Jam workout w/ Chalene somebody I think. Lots of fun!! I highly recommend it. This may be what my workout was missing.

AnnieDrews 04-11-2011 04:04 PM

Well, poop squat!! I forgot older son is going to a concert in Tulsa tonight. Guess my yummy meal will have to wait until tomorrow night.:mad: Younger son has an upset stomach anyway.

Ashley777 04-11-2011 05:00 PM

NP Annie are you both doing this now 47 day challenge? Can I join? Do you just check in here?
Annie glad to hear you are feeling better.

Bad Bad Bad weekend, I was doing so good and trying to focus on the positive but fell into a bad depressed rut. Ate and ate everything I had int he house. At least I did not go buy a bunch more crap and waste money I dont have on stuff I dont need. Never buy the jumbo bag of chocolate chips again even if for baking the healthy stuff and on sale at a good price.

today going well, exercised at lunch, now I can walk to the train and home from the train as it is not -20 anymore. So that adds an extra 25 mins to get the body moving.
Stupid engine light on the car came on, right when we have to go on a trip and right when I get my tax return back.......... :P Hope it is nothing major.

AnnieDrews 04-11-2011 05:19 PM

Hey Ashley! I was honestly wondering about you earlier today and how your weekend was. Sounds like you are getting back on track today.:hug: You know, my car always seems to need a repair when I get my tax refund, too. I am having to wait to buy my furniture because it cost more than I thought. I hate having to be a grown-up and admit I need that car to get back and forth to work every day....I'd rather be sitting on new furniture.

As far as I know, we are just going to check in here for the challenge....of course you can join in!

nationalparker 04-11-2011 05:30 PM

Ashley - I was thinking of you, too - seems like the weekends are tough for you ... when is it that you head out on your trip? Yay, join on in for the challenge. I'm not sure WHAT it actually will be - probably different things for different folks. I'm trying to REALLY focus on getting in bathing suit shape (don't laugh) ... we're planning a beach long weekend down in Florida over memorial day and I just don't want to be mortified out there. If all else fails, i'll go get a spray tan as tan skin looks thinner - ha ha!

My challenge to myself tonight is (since it's raining) to get on the treadmill for another 40 minutes tonight and to also set the alarm to get up 30 minutes earlier in the morning and do a pilates dvd. I will pack my bag to walk the canal at work at lunch, too. Actually walking at lunch will be tomorrow's challenge - ha!)

Annie - poop squat had me cracking UP! I kept saying it over and over. Anything yummy that's healthy that you really like that you can whip up that no one else likes and so you'll treat yourself a bit with something that's good for you, too?

Losing80 - Your workout video sounds fun. I NEVER can do those things as I'm so uncoordinated. Maybe I give it another try... Today is my last (third) day of week one on the 100 pushup challenge. Harder than it looks. And only day three. Ha.

FL - hope you're off to a good day today - and enjoyed your walk ... without peanut butter! Hope you're feeling well today.

Anyone remember when Ange wrapped up that long trip? Hope everyone's well - Phoenix, Barb, Kitteh, Jules, Sillycat - have a great evening!

fruitlady 04-11-2011 10:03 PM

Hi chicks

Busy day, had appt. w/ the Lawyer. Everything sounds good, so we are going forward. In a way I'm relieved, but still am worried something will go wrong. I always expect the worst cause that's what always happens to me. What can go wrong, will go wrong! My weight is up again from that P.B two days ago, now I should start losing. Rode the bike for 20min. Went way over my calories today, ate more fruit than i should have, but with all the stress it's better that I grabbed fruit, instead of junk.

patchworkpenguin 04-11-2011 11:51 PM

Since Hubby and I are both trying to lose weight, exercise more, eat healthier {make a lifestyle change}, and save money {vet bills}, yesterday we went for a walk in a local park and today for a walk along some new wooded trails. We've decided to make the parks a 'weekend' thing. The woods are nice and cool in summer, too. We also went to see a new off-leash dogpark but were disappointed to find it was an unshaded fenced area about the size of a postage stamp. Pfft! Hubby found an extra mountain bike on the side of the road {no, I'm serious, LOL} it has a frozen chain but seems to work otherwise, He can fix that and we will be able to bike the wooded path this summer also.

While I've kept up the exercise pretty well this past winter, I haven't been giving it my all and am now trying to re-incorporate different styles of exercise I haven't done in a while, such as pilates, heavy weights, and kboxing. Count me in on the 48-ish day challenge. I need to buckle down and get serious here! :o

April is still doing very well. We gave her the last of the pills the vet gave us tonight {yay, that's over!} She of course doesn't understand why we want her to walk slowly and not chase squirrels.

Sillycat, I think that sounds like a good plan. I do a lot of Firm but can't stand Jillian. I've never tried Zumba so I can't comment on the ''serious workout' but I count EVERY workout. I've done two workouts a day before usually morning and evening and gotten good results. I find I put more effort into two short workouts rather than one long one.

Annie, we had chili dogs today for lunch. Glad you are feeling better.

NP, I started trying on my summer clothes. I found a pair of pants that perfectly explained why 'just because you can put it on doesn't mean it fits and I should wear it." I could get them buttoned and zipped but yuck. I don't think I could wear them last year either but seeing myself in them shocked me into gearing up weightloss in earnest. Which Pilates DVD? I do DVD's exculsively so I'm always interested in titles. I bought a 45min Pilates done on a stab ball dvd at Marshall's today on clearance for $2. Called Pilates on the Ball on the Go. Weird title but good workout

Ashley, glad to hear your Monday is going better than the weekend. well, except for the car...

KittehMomma 04-12-2011 07:11 AM

Good morning.

I've been having trouble getting here this month. I hope it's just because life is really hectic right now. Weight is holding fairly steady, although still not doing well on exercise. Again, I think that's mostly due to how crazy my life is at the moment--and that should change in a few weeks.

I read a few posts and I know I've been missing stuff. Hope to get caught up at some point. Take care.

nationalparker 04-12-2011 09:34 AM

Good day! Ended up making "stuffed" peppers but I don't stuff them - just cut up the peppers in chunks and cook in the micro. I saute onions, carrots, cook up some hot turkey italian sausage and make into crumbles, spanish rice, corn, and hot chili beans and end up mixing it all to blend the flavors and it's pretty yummy. Had a solid serving but with the amount that it makes, it's not an indulgence. Hubby loved it - he was busy installing new light/dimmers in our dining room and I left him this morning working at putting up a new one in our entry way. LOVE them! :)

Got out on the trail with our dog last night before making dinner and jogged as much as I could and I'm NO runner by any stretch of the imagination. Think tonight we'll hit Lincoln Lawyer. Anyone seen it? I'm not a Matthew M. fan, but think this should be okay. ??

PP - I'll check the name of the dvd - I think I have one pilates and one yoga dvd - the rest I check out from our library since I'm cheap :) but a $2 deal is GREAT ... I used to do pilates regularly and was STRONG ... now it's a struggle to get thru the workout. Heading out for a three-mile walk at lunch to get it out of the way, I think. My hubby is getting into the walking/hiking, too. I like it. We're building up for a thru-hike.

SO, 46 days left in our challenge. I'm still on track! Yay! Feeling good, too. Except for allergies and I can't control those :) ha ha!

yay, FL - sounds like you might have some relief in sight. Prepare for the worst but expect the best I always think... Then you stay positive but feel a bit more control if things spin the wrong way... Hang in there!!

Annie - what was the dinner choice last night? And your ear - still good?? No jinxing there.

risephoenixrise 04-12-2011 10:05 AM

Argh! Yesterday we celebrated my son's bday and I did fine- I had lasgana and a piece of cheesecake, but wrapped up all the leftovers for them to take home.

However, I didn't even get on the scale today or yesterday.

My weight has been like this:

T 194
W 192 (yeah!!)
H 194 (okay...)
F 195 (WTW?!?)
S 193 (okay)

Grrr. It is frustrating, but I keep reminding myself that in reality the difference between 192 and 195 is negligible. That our bodies normally do vary by a few pounds even throughout a day. That as long as I continue to burn more calories than I consume, I will lose weight... It is just so rewarding to see the progress reflected on the scale.

So I decided to stop weighing myself daily because it was just making me anxious.

Like an idiot, I forgot my id today and locked the door behind me (need it or cash (which I never carry) for bus). Thought- no problem, I'll walk... LOL. Realized that the trip is MUCH longer than I thought. Halfway there (at the bottom of a LOOOONG hill with no pedestrian signs everywhere) I was about to drop down to the ground (did I mention it was raining) and cry when, like an angel, an employee shuttle pulled up next to me...

So, I did get my half hour before-work walk in which I had planned to skip because I was running late LOL

patchworkpenguin 04-12-2011 10:41 AM

Pnoenix, good job on the walk to work, good timing of the shuttle driver,too. I decided to stop weighing daily for the same reason, the ups and downs drove me nuts.

NP, I like your version of stuffed peppers. I think I could make your version and Hubby would give it a try. 'Stuffed peppers for dinner tonight' is my Mom's hint/code to my Dad that she wants to go out to eat. I can only guess that she made them early in their marriage and they were bad enough to warn him off a second attempt. :dizzy:

Kitteh, hope you get some calm soon.

I lost 3 of the 4 lbs I was whining about gaining last week; I weighed today out of curiosity. This is TOM week so I'm sure it will slide back up. Hubby and I were going through Krogers last night and he pointed out candies and other unmentionalbe goodies. I kept repeating "Lifestyle change!' to him. He's actually doing very well. He gave up Cokes last year and fried foods this past month. Now we just need to work on portion control and exercise.

Ashley777 04-12-2011 10:49 AM

Morning ladies, so yesterday went well food wise and attitude wise, off to a good start today.
NP - we leave on the 24, and way to go on your exercise.
Kittie - hope you are doing well and have a good day!
Annie - it is sure a pain to have a car and all the stuff that can go wrong with them. Hope you can get new furniture soon! It is nice to freshen up our homes and enjoy them. We did get two muchly needed new tires as well so those were not cheap either.
Penguin - way to go on the exercise!
So we are on day 46 then? So far so good.

Have my dR.s appointment tonight, now that I feel better not sure what to do about depression meds. I have a few bad days then I feel better for a bit then a few bad days, lately the bad days outweigh the good ones. I have so much to be thankful for I feel ashamed to be depressed. Well just see how it goes I suppose.

Small chuckle for the day - yesterday I saw a thread where someone said what plan should they do? For some reason it struck a funny nerve and I thought eat healthy and eat less and move more............. basically at myself seems so easy to say... so hard to do!!!! Why do i make somthing so simple so complicated

Losing80 04-12-2011 12:24 PM

Hey, I've got new neighbors across the street! There's a moving van and loads of helpers. Maybe this family will stay a while... In the 2 years I've been here, there've been maybe 4-5 different groups staying there and lots of vacancy. We even had a huge drug bust last winter! This guy was having cars drive up behind his house and doing business out the back door. The new folks have little kids, yard tools. Gosh I hope they're a keeper.

Ate a huge bowl of tuna, white beans, diced carrots and cottage cheese yesterday. Managed to skip the mayo by creaming (okay, squooshing) the cottage cheese and tossing in lime juice, pepper and some lemon curry. At least I'm feeling more limber and stronger from the exercise, even if I'm losing sloooooowly b/c I can't get a grip on the food. Time for a lunch salad - see ya!

fruitlady 04-12-2011 02:20 PM

national- thanks, I never expect things to go perfectly cause they never do.

Raining again! We had sun 3 days total since spring started, I'm sick of it. Took a 30min. walk anyway, sick of riding that bike. I'm doing ok with eating, but did sneak in 2 pks of hubby's kandy kakes, not good. I'll be over my calorie limit by 300 again! Weight came down 3 oz. so i'm not too happy, i was doing good w/ eating the past two days. I'm starting to hate this!

AnnieDrews 04-12-2011 05:15 PM

I'm wondering what in the h-e-double hockeysticks is wrong with me. In addition to my healthy, on-plan foods.....today I have also eaten a sliver of an "everything" bagel w/ cream cheese (I DON'T EVEN LIKE "EVERYTHING" BAGELS....even though it was a sliver), a ~ 2 inch square cheesecake "bite" (I'm not that big a fan of cheesecake usually), an entire roll of sugar free mints, and two small cookies sitting in our office in a big red tin box.:?::(:mad::?::(:mad: I could make the excuse that it's the prednisone I was taking, but I finished it a week ago. I think I have just allowed myself so many off-plan items lately that it is becoming a dangerous habit. I will gain control....and meet the challenge I made to be at 145 by end of our 50-day challenge. I am not happy with myself.

On a lighter note....Phoenix-I just imagine you peeking out of your curtains like Gladys Kravitz on Bewitched!! http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...avitz_icon.jpg:D

nationalparker 04-12-2011 05:21 PM

Annie - what is it that, if you splurged, you'd LOVE to enjoy tonight? Maybe make it/buy it/order it and SAVOR it. Then on plan tomorrow and you've enjoyed a good bite of life on this Tuesday ...

Racing off here to run home, make dinner (?) and catch the movie.

Ashley777 04-12-2011 05:35 PM

Annie - I sooooo feel your pain, seems sometimes the harder I try the harder it is and for no good reason. Don't beat yourself up or allow this to ruin your day, continue on to your goal, you can do this!

here is a good exercise - one day I decided to not let my size or the number on the scale dictate what kind of a day I was going to have. Doesnt mean I ate off plan or anthing but wow I did enjoy my day.... that was a couple years ago, now to just think that way each day!

AnnieDrews 04-12-2011 05:42 PM

NP-I have no idea what "one thing" I'd like.....I just want to stuff my body for some reason....good stuff, bad stuff.....it doesn't matter.

I guess I just want to eat like "everybody else". But I've done that in the past....that's how I got up to almost 200 pounds again before I started my lifestyle changes. I've proven to myself I cannot eat like everyone else (even though most of them are overweight)....and I've proven to myself that I look better and feel better when I am eating and exercising on plan....just gotta remind myself more often.

I found one of my walking videos for free on ExerciseTV.com today and walked a mile on my lunch break. That, along with the 4 miles I did this morning, will hopefully help make up some of the damage done with the crazy eating today.

patchworkpenguin 04-12-2011 05:43 PM

Started back with weights today. I kept it lighter because I didn't want to re-injure my back but was able to do the abwork and pushups included in my workout. I did Firm Bootcamp 3in1~ Workout 1~ 40min DVD. This is a complilation workout which I thought it was just okay; I felt the sets were short {she finidhed the triceps started to stretch and I thought "is that all?} and felt rather rushed. I'll try the other workout on the DVD but there are others I like a lot better.

I have to admit I don't like salads a lot but I bought a head of iceburg and a bag of spinach mixed them together and have had a side salad almost every day this week as part of lunch. I'm adding romano cheese, bacon bits, tomato, crutons and using Newman's Own Parmasan and Garlic dressing. Tastes a lot like the salad at Olive Garden. Not sure how long this will last but I'm enjoying it so far.

Annie, snap out of it:D! Not sure why you would eat foods you don't even like that much?? Are you hungry or are they just calling to you??

Ashley, praying wisdom and peace for you.

fruitlady 04-12-2011 08:21 PM

Annie- I have been the same way for a month. It does become a habit & it's really hard to stop. I don't know what's going on lately, my control flew out the window! Why does food have to be so powerful?

patchworkpenguin 04-12-2011 09:34 PM

Hubby surprised me by coming home early to bring me flowers and a card for my Bday {which isn't until next week, lol, but he likes to surprise me early so I can't say he forgot! The nut;)!}

KittehMomma 04-13-2011 08:00 AM

Good morning, all.

Ate horribly yesterday, but weight stayed the same. Probably would have gone down if I hadn't eaten badly. Going to the gym this morning; I hope I can complete a whole class. I'm so out of shape. And fat. And old. And having a pity party. Gaaah! I hate when I throw myself a pity party.

Just stress, on top of everything else. I WILL feel better today after I exercise.

Have a great day.

Ashley777 04-13-2011 10:17 AM

Annie - I so understand your eat like everyone else mentality and the wanting to just eat. it is so weird why we do this. it is like it gives us a certain feeling like everything is good with the world or something, hope you have a better day today.

Thank you penguin! and way to go on the weights.

I always feel emotionally better when I eat properly and therefor feel better again.
I watched a movie (can't remember the name) but the main character, a girl, was a food critic for a magazine or paper or something and something she said made me think. She said you don't need to eat alot of food to know if it is good or not, of course she was very thin and just tried all the food she would critique. I find this is true but to keep it under control is another story, kinda like the alchoholic not being able to just have one drink (which I can do!)
Yesterday went well, just had my caramel yougurt with bran buds for breakfast.

Ashley777 04-13-2011 10:19 AM

FL and Kittie - hope you guys both have a better day today!

AnnieDrews 04-13-2011 02:32 PM

Ugh. Was in the middle of a big, long catch-up post and hit the "back" key by mistake....lost it all. Here are the finer points...

Doing okay on food today, not perfect.

PP, enjoy your salad. DH sounds like a sweetie.

Phoenix-Hope you know I was kidding about the Gladys Kravitz thing.:D

FL-No doubt, food is powerful.:(

Kitteh-Hope exercise was good. Congrats on staying same weight.:carrot:

Ashley-Any signs of spring yet in your world?? Feeling good and being healthier was enough to keep me on plan for a long time, not sure why I am thinking about food so much lately. Maybe not busy enough.

Housework and my shows tonight!:)

patchworkpenguin 04-13-2011 06:05 PM

I did my TM interval today.

I got a compliment on the weight I've recently lost from a woman I see every week. I thanked her for the compliment but confessed that I hadn't actually lost any weight. I loved the compliment though.

Hubby is clamoring for me to come start/have dinner. We are having leftovers.:D

fruitlady 04-13-2011 07:11 PM

Thanks all- I am eating better today!

Another rainy, chilly day. This is depressing, don't even want to be outside to enjoy the spring flowers, they will be dead by the time the weather gets nicer around here. Took off today from exercise, I had too much to do & didn't want to walk in the rain, I missed doing it though. Didn't go over my calories, i ate normal sized meals like i used to. For dinner I made Swai fish for the first time, it was good but a little fishy tasting, I prefer Tilapia. Swai is very affordable, so I thought I'd try it. Didn't fill me up, due to the lower protein it has. I'm up to my calorie limit, now what? I'm chewing gum & drinking diet soda to curb the hunger. This sucks!

KittehMomma 04-14-2011 08:15 AM

Good morning.

My exercise was cut short with cramps yesterday--grrr, hate that and it's my own fault for not exercising regularly. Going in again this morning.

Still didn't eat well yesterday, but I am working on getting my attitude turned around. I am still down 20+ pounds--I'm keeping a close eye on that 20 mark--so I try to remind myself that I have done well and this is just a bump (more like a series of bumps) in the road, and with all the stressful things happening right now I should be surprised that it is hard at this time to keep focused.

I hope everyone has a great day. Sorry I'm not tracking everyone's posts yet--I promise I will get back on track with that soon.

patchworkpenguin 04-14-2011 08:24 AM

I've been watching the show Atticted to Food which leaves me with things to think about concerning my emotional eating. Last night I asked Hubby to watch part of the show with me, afterwards we ended up in a long discussion about our personalites and habits, which was very interesting. We have always thought we were polar opposites when it comes to personalites but I think deep down we are more similar than we know. The show we watched last night was only the second show, I wasn't sure I liked the first introduction episode, but I enjoyed the second one enough to keep watching.

Kitteh, hang in there and take care of yourself.

FL, good job on not going over your calories.

nationalparker 04-14-2011 09:52 AM

Hello! Had an on-the-go evening - got home and we headed out to enjoy pizza margherita at our local italian joint (the ONLY non-chain one I've found in this area) and I enjoyed two slices of the thin, tomato-covered beauty :) ... then on to Kohls and used my 30% coupon - splurged with new sneakers and a pair of shoes for each of us. I usually fit best in Nike but their selection was puny. Didn't get home until 10:30!

Set the alarm early for day 44 in the 50-day challenge to ourselves countdown ... I'm 33 miles into my 100-mile goal for April. Um...halfway thru the month and thirdway through to my goal. Hm. Oh well, keep on truckin', right? Anyway, woke up feeling wonderful before my alarm even went off - which is great. Except that I SET my alarm time but forgot to turn it on, so it was 8:15 and I was surprised at how light it was for 6 a.m. ahhhh... RUSH.

Dog training class tonight. So might be an off day from the trail.

Penguin - who carries that tv show? I've not heard of it, but don't usually have the tv on to see commercials of upcoming shows, either. Sounds interesting. DH sounds like a good guy - surprising you early for your bday!

Decent note after lunch, hopefully - better get to work!

Ashley777 04-14-2011 11:58 AM

NP kohls 30% off coupon yay! and yes keep on trucking!

Penguiin, it sure is nice to get compliments!

We were on our way to a nice spring finally, most of the snow is melted, at least off on all the roads. And now it is a mini blizzard outside, yay :P

It is so easy to think of food when we are bored. I don't understand why our brain works this way, yet for some people it does not. Trying to stay on plan today. And I don't care if it is snowing I am going for a walk at lunch. Sheesh.........

Well decided to start prozac last night. Well see how it goes............... One of the side effects is suppose to be decreased appetite... sure hope i get that one! Not the others!

patchworkpenguin 04-14-2011 02:30 PM

Have I ever mentioned that I have wonderful parents? They are buying me a new vacuum for my Bday and just annouced that they will buy us a new flattop stove for Our Anniversary! We didn't expect this! We had to cancel a vacation, use all our savings, and go into debt {again!} to pay for April's surgery so this is wonderful news. Anyone have any brands or suggestions on stoves/ovens. We do have a budget!

'yet to be decided' yoga for later today.

NP, Oprah's new network OWN.

Ashley, Hope the prozac helps you.

AnnieDrews 04-14-2011 02:36 PM

Well, I keep thinking it is Friday but only one more day until it actually IS Friday! I'm excited as fiance and I decided we are going to drive down to see the OU Spring Football game on Sat.:carrot::carrot::carrot: We are going to try to find a good place to eat while there, too. Our single friend may go with us, too. I'm looking forward to getting out and doing something different.

Last night I got one of my bathrooms cleaned before watching my shows. Will clean the other tonight before same and try to do the living room afterward. Need to do a load of laundry, too. Want to get some flowers to plant after work, but probably ought to wait, it may get chilly here for another week or so. Don't know why I am so inpatient this year.

Did a 3 mile walk w/ 1# weights this morning before work.

So far, so good on eating today....yesterday was a worse disaster than the day before.:( Oh well, one day as it comes. Having this challenge going is really going to motivate me.

Have a good day everyone!

Ashley777 04-14-2011 04:46 PM

Annie Hope you enjoy your football game.

Penguin - that is awesome news, happy for you!
I got a new vacuum last year, the one i had was 30 years old and time to retire it. Had it serviced and upgraded a few time. It was originally my moms but electrolux's are so good, never thought I would get a new one at $1700. But on kijiji I found one for $250 I felt like I won the lottery! lol. The man who had it had passed away and his son was selling it. Good luck with looking for a stove make sure you get a self cleaning one!

Went for a walk in our blizzard sheesh got soaking wet and now my hair is wet and have a bit of a chill from it. But time to go home soon. although it is rather depressing to have a blizzard it was refreshing to go out in it. Now I want to go home and get cozy with a big blanket. Food wise good day so far, went bad yesterday and ate way to much. :P I ate an entire foot long subway turky bacon sub with low fat mayo .... lol. and 6 cookies crunched in light ice cream.... and alot of chocolate at work. Someone brought in giridelli squares omg, never had them before they are the best I ever had.