Old 02-20-2011, 09:51 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

thanks for your input Bama. I am a Lifetime Member of WW, became Lifetime years ago....but was never able to get to goal weight since. I'm curious about how they changed the plan. I'm just not ready to plop down more money just to fail again.......but I agree that WW is a great program that has helped many.

And yes, it is all overwhelming......especially when you have little time to plan and obsess over what you're going to eat and at what time. These people that eat 6 small meals a day amaze me....My life is too busy to worry about having to eat every two hours.....half the time I'm not even home!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:15 AM   #32  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Zumba- you know me - I'm low carbin' it too. Just when I think it's all good, life throws a bit of sugar my way and I get a terrible headache.

I did some of the P90X, and I have to say that I was not impressed - until I got to Ab ripper X. Hot Damn. I LOVE IT.

I'm tired - but hopeful for a new week!!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:36 AM   #33  

Height: 5' 7"

Thank you for all the lovely welcomes! It's great to hear how everyone is doing. I just did my weigh-in for the week and had a pleasant surprise! I must have been doing something right!

My diet plan isn't very scientific. My DH has recently been diagnosed as diabetic, and also has a lot of weight to lose, so I have been counting my carbs along with him (although, it's not "low carb" in the way, say, South Beach is); and the main thing I've been doing (since the beginning of the year) is shoehorning lots and lots of salads and veggies into our meals.
It really makes a difference for us in how satisfied we feel after a meal.

I do need to get in more exercise. I plan to increase my walking, and move on to C25K when it gets a bit warmer and the days are longer. Nice to see some of you ladies are doing C25K - I'll be watching with interest to see how you do.

2/14 - 156
2/21 - 154
2/28
3/7
3/14
Clytemnestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:05 AM   #34  
Started over 4/29/12

2/17-279.4
2/21-276.8
time2loseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:41 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/125

Height: 5'6"

Talking Down 1lb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzadawn View Post
OK ... I'm in ... Just weighed in 197

going for 190 by St. Patty's.

196 this morning ....
Izzadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:47 AM   #36  

I'm not on a plan...just eating healthy well balanced meals. I do log my food and track my calories. Diets have not worked in the past so I'm working on a healthier lifestyle.

but as you all know it is a constant trial and error thing.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:52 AM   #37  

Izza..congrats on your weight loss....I agree with you, after we've been on numerous diets over the years we kind of know what works for us....its all about eating less, eating right and moving more. Sounds simple. If you can lose by doing your own thing I say m ore power to you. It's hard to live within the constraints of a diet....I'm one of those people that needs a structured eating plan for a jumpstart because I have absolutely no discipline when it comes to eating....just with exercise.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:54 AM   #38  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Sunday: 1285 calories. 45 minute spin class.

Down 1.4 of the 3 I was up from my 2 days off. TOM is also starting - 10 days EARLY - UGH!

izza, yay!

time, HUGE drop in 4 days - wow!

clyte, your plan sounds great, and awesome that you and your dh are working together.

zumba, I'm still trying to figure out a plan too. I'm also a lifetime WWer, although I'm above goal now and haven't gone to a meeting in a long time. I do thnk I need to calorie-count, and measure everything. I don't see myself doing low-carb for the rest of my life, but at points I do cut back and kind of experiment. Try different things and see what satisfies you and what you enjoy, and what triggers cravings. Are you keeping a food diary now? I keep a handwritten journal, and an Excel spreadsheet of daily weight, body fat, calories, and exercise.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:53 AM   #39  

Natamars, I am on fatsecret.com now on and off for the past year. It h as a chart that shows my weight fluctuations. I was doing well last year with low carbing and then my father died suddenly and terribly ...after that I sort of stopped caring only to gain all the weight back and then some. I am finally getting my act together again and logging stuff in definitely helps, especially when trying to count net carbs.

When I am PMS I h old a lot of water.....I'm terrible like that....and so I try not to pay attention to that extra weight...after my period I'm good for a 2-4 lbs loss depending on how much sodium I was taking in during PMS and how much water I was drinking. I definitely do NOT drink enough. PMS bloat makes a big difference when you are only trying to lose ten lbs or less, it can make you feel like you're not making any progress....hang in there.....
]
As far as doing low carb the rest of your life I will tell you about my experience. Around 7 years ago I did atkins and lost 30 lbs...and lost my cravings..and it became my lifestyle. I wasn't counting net carbs or being strict...but I did lay low on the pasta, bread and any sugar. I kept this up for a year or two u ntil losing all control and going became a carb addict again...it started with christmas cookies , depression and it was no holes barred. I think we just have to find the amount of carbs that we know our bodies can handle.....cut out processed foods and if we do have a meal that we eat stuff that isn't the best choice we go right back to our healthy lifestyle with the next meal or the next day......the thing with low carb ist hat you do have to be strict with it in the beginning until it just becomes how you eat and it doesn't feel like a "diet" anymore.......
Old 02-22-2011, 06:45 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Chicks! Today is usually weigh-in day but it will have to wait til tomorrow since I have a Dr. appt. I've stuck to the plan really well this week and got in an hour workout for 5 days. I am expecting a drop in the scale.
Hope everyone is doing well and feeling good!

Remember...celebrate the small victories everyday!
Bamagurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #41  

Hey chicks!! I'm down some and feeling pretty happy about it...haven't been below 137 since November......I'm not going to get all happy though, just have to keep up the good fight .....moment by moment...meal by meal.....Just happy that I have something good to report because the valentines challenge was a big BUST!!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:06 AM   #42  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Crappy day yesterday. I had already eaten almost 1200 calories when I left work. Figured I'd eat a 200 calorie snack, hit the gym for a run, and come home and go upstairs to get away from the kitchen. Instead found myself home with a nagging headache and feeling exhausted and run-down. So I ate ~700 calories instead, most of them not wonderful, and went to bed for the night. Feeling OK today, but not fantastic - am planning on the gym tonight. Need to keep my calories count closer to 1200 today.

Zumba, congrats!!! You should get all happy!!!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:15 AM   #43  
Started over 4/29/12

Start of Challenge 2/17 -279.4
Today 275.8 (-3.6)
Just gotta keep it up! I want to reach that goal of 10 lbs!!
Old 02-23-2011, 10:02 AM   #44  

195.7 this morning but not getting too excited yet!! we did get more snow last night so a workout is in my future

I don't propose to have all the answers when it comes to weightloss... Now Weight Gain....I have my masters in!!! LOL.

I personally don't respond to restrictions and as soon as I start a "Diet" I fail. Diets, for me are setting myself up for failure and since I'm working on loving myself more...Why would I do that to myself?

whole real non processed healthy food in moderate portions, I use Dailyplate from livestrong they have a mobile App so I can log where ever I am, I don't have to go to a special site. the site is free the App I think is under 3.00.

Bravo!!! Timetoloseit you are on the right track, keep it up!!!

Natamars: we all fall, just carry on today

PS: I always looking for new recipes for healthy meals but perhaps that is for another thread.

Have a great day ladies!!
Old 02-23-2011, 10:54 AM   #45  

Good morning Chicks!!

Izza: The snow this year has given us all a great workout, hasn't it? It also put me in neck/back spasms for a while and I ran up a huge chirorpactic bill..LOL..I can laugh about it now but this winter is going to stick in my mind for a long time. I hate humidity and insects but Florida is looking better with each passing day....now to only get my husband to agree to move!

Time2lose: you can reach that ten lb goal and even if you get close to it it will still be an accomplishment!!!!

Natamars..my long island chica....you had a bad day , we've all been there. Your body feeling run down and busy was a sign that something was up and you needed to take a night off from the gym....don't be upset about it!! And I also know people who have lost weight and told me that they had days of low calories and days of high calories...over the long run they still lost. I don't really count calories, I focus on net carbs but it is the same thing...I have days I am UNDER my net carb limit, and days I am way over...this is life and it is going to happen. The average is what is important. I hope you feel better and are back on track today....going to the gym after a full day of work is no picnic. I used to do it and looking back now I wonder how I did....I give you night time gym goers a lot of credit.

Well this is my "vacation" time off from the gym. I'm actually losing weight this week from NOT working out....ironic, huh? I guess I am less hungry....I am also under a lot of stress so I think my metabolism has sped up for that reason alone....not a good way to lose weight but it is weight loss nonetheless.

Be happy everybody...life is too short to do otherwise...keep up the good work....We lost some folks along the way , I hope they log in to tell us how they are doing.....