Old 02-03-2011, 01:10 PM   #16  
ONe day at a time

S/C/G: 143/136/120

Height: 5'1"

You are right! You arent alone! We're all here to help encourage and support each other. WE can do this!!!!! My problem(s) in the past have been that I wouldn't stick to anything. I'd work out for a while (a very short while) or get on a fad diet, or do the shots/meds thing, etc. I never made lifestyle changes. That's what it's all about for us featherweights, I believe. The chicks (and roosters) that are out there in the other forums that have lost hundreds of pounds have already made their lifestyle changes and are on the right track. For myself, I've got to make changes and stick with them. I'll be glad when I get my ticker so I can watch my progress in a fun way. (Gotta be a member for something like 20 days and have so many posts, I think.)
I can't remember which of you suggested keeping the food journal, but that's an excellent idea. I'll begin that today. )

Thanks to everyone responding to this thread. Ya'll are an inspiration for me!!
MrsMerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:23 PM   #17  
ONe day at a time

Yay, Goal4girl!!! We're going to do this thing together! I'm going to imagine all my 3FC featherweight friends in the gym with me while I'm working out.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #18  
ONe day at a time

Thumbs up

Keep youir chin up, Willy. We'll all be skinnier this time next week!
Old 02-04-2011, 01:20 PM   #19  
ONe day at a time

Ok, in keeping myself accountable to all of you, here's what I've accomplished this week: Got up BEFORE work every day this week (5 days in a row, thats a monumental achievement for me). Spent 20-25 min on cardio each morning.
I havent been keeping track of my calorie intake, but I'm confident that I've kept them within 1200-1400 calories.
I need to drink more water. more more more. ugh That's hard for me. I enjoy my sodas or tea. So drinking all the water I need is a challenge. (among many others)
I also need to add weights to my daily workouts. And ab work. Not looking forward to that. Maybe once I get started with it I'll find that I enjoy it.
I reluctantly got on the scales this morning...was going to hold off until Sunday, but curiosity was killing me. But I've dropped 3 lbs. Yay! I'd have been sooo discouraged if there hadn't been any change. So something's working, right?
Old 02-04-2011, 03:09 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Yes something IS working...YOU"RE WORKING!! And you can do this!!! Way to go on that three pounds Mrs Merch. I have had a bad couple of months and find myself starting over all the time....however I know that I am giving myself the chance to start over and accomplish something..giving up is not an option!!! It's hard, but hating yourself because of your weight is hard also....keep up the good work.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #21  
ONe day at a time

Thanks, Chica! I wasnt expecting my weight to change at all, so when i saw I was 3 lbs lighter, I got a little excited. A LOT excited, actually. Woo hoo!!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:00 AM   #22  
ONe day at a time

I can't seem to stay off the scales. I'm so anxious to get out of the 140s that I'm sure I weigh too often. One day I'm 139.something, the next I'm back in the 140s. I'll be so glad when I've left the 140s for good. And I'll be glad when I look in the mirror and I don't see this gut! Ugh! Disgusting. I just gotta keep working, keep counting cals, keep focused. How's everyone else doin?
Old 02-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

I hear ya girl...I hate being in the 140's and it is so mentally uplifting to see 139 and below.....I also hate fluctuation...lose two lbs, gain two lbs. lose two, gain two...this has been going on since December for me..I'm finally below 137 but afraid to be happy...one big meal of the wrong things and I'll be righ tback to square one.....its frustrating isn't it? You have to keep going and going until you get to a place that if YOU DO gain two or three lbs becauise of sodium or your cycle you don't feel like its the end of the world.....

I only weigh in the morning as soon as I wake up...any weigh in after that means nothing really because I gain throughout the day. Get off the scales and stop making yourself crazy like that...weigh once a day but no more than that.....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote