3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   Been MIA... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/220678-been-mia.html)

Flamanette 12-30-2010 08:02 AM

Been MIA...

Hello ladies, I've been MIA for about 2 months now; and I was not around that long before that. My family has gone through a series of unfortunate events lately and really the last thing on my mind has been coming on the internet...

With that said, it looks like we are finally turning things around and life might be getting back to "normal", HA! Is it ever normal?

So I am back on this board, still overweight, and still hoping to turn things around. The good news is that I've pretty much maintained during crisis time, which for me is a new experience because typically: stress = eat everything I can my hands on.

Now it's the end of a year, and I am truly looking forward to a wonderful new year! For me, I am thinking: things can only go up from here on in.

Looking forward to getting back into the discussions here!

~ flamanette ~

AnnieDrews 12-30-2010 02:55 PM

Welcome back!! Good to see you and your attitude is great for the upcoming year!!

ma26 12-30-2010 03:19 PM

Sounds like the right foot your stepping off on. :) Good luck. I'm just back too. Here to success for both of us in this new year :)

vdander24 12-30-2010 03:20 PM

Welcome, and Welcome Back! It is great to see you coming back to beat this! Good luck with all of your goals, and here's to a Fantastic 2011!

weightlosswanted 12-31-2010 05:50 PM

Welcome back!!!

Flamanette 01-03-2011 11:17 AM

Thanks!

Thanks for all the welcome backs! So far I am doing well for the new year: I have been carefully watching my calories, and trying to get in the mindset of the dreaded "E" word....exercise.

I don't do it, I know I should; I don't do it, I know I should...rinse and repeat. I have set one of my goals for THIS month at "at least TRY". Try is a big step for me...

Thanks again for the welcome backs!

~ flamanette ~

beth4365 01-03-2011 06:28 PM

Howdy and welcome back!

Best thing you can do for yourself, imho.

Best of luck to you and all of us!

goal4agirl 01-03-2011 07:48 PM

Hi :welcome3:back! I'm having the same struggle with exercise or the lack of it :s: I tell ya what...I will work really hard to change that if you will ;)
I have one of Leslie Sansones walk at home DVD's I bought at Walmart for 9.99
When I do it I can really feel like I'm having a workout- yet the steps are very easy for a beginner like me. The day after I do it I can really feel it in my legs and backside. And the best part I can do this in the privacy of my own home :o
I just need to get off my b--t and do it!
I hope you have a Happy New Year and bunches of success with your weight loss.

Flamanette 01-03-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goal4agirl (Post 3631486)
Hi :welcome3:back! I'm having the same struggle with exercise or the lack of it :s: I tell ya what...I will work really hard to change that if you will ;)
I have one of Leslie Sansones walk at home DVD's I bought at Walmart for 9.99
When I do it I can really feel like I'm having a workout- yet the steps are very easy for a beginner like me. The day after I do it I can really feel it in my legs and backside. And the best part I can do this in the privacy of my own home :o
I just need to get off my b--t and do it!
I hope you have a Happy New Year and bunches of success with your weight loss.

I know what you mean about the walking DVDs...I do actually own several of them. My kids used to do them for exercise as part of our homeschooling. So, like you said, now it's just a matter of getting up off my b&& and doing it. I have them at work with me, I have my own private office on Mon-Wed-Fri...it's really easy. Haha...I just need to DO IT.

Here's hoping that THIS year is the THE year for all of us here at 40-somethings!

:dust: