In 2011 I Want To...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • ... lose weight. Okay, that's a given. But isn't there something you want to do, something you want to accomplish?

In 2011 I Want To
    • Cut out most processed foods
    • No more fizzy drinks except for soda water
    • Walk 2011 kilometers
    • Eat a more (but not total) vegan diet
    • Get my blog up to an average of 100 readers a day

What do YOU want to accomplish?
  • In 2011 I want to .....
    I'm new (as in today) to this site but I'll give this whirl.

I really want to lose enough weight to feel better both physically and mentally;
    .....to switch gears from just calorie counting to a more healthful diet;
    .....to leave the old me behind;
    .....see how close I can come to reaching my health improvement goals (I have asthma and depression and high blood pressure).
  • I want to reach my goal weight of 140 very soon! Then I want to learn to live in maintenance and enjoy my healthier self!!
  • This is a big list for me! It is going to be a BUSY Year, but a GREAT one, I am determined! Here are 11 things for 2011:

1. Run in at least 6 5k's this year.
    2. Get to 180 on the scale.
    3. Get a bike, and start Cycling.
    4. Get prep classes for nursing school done.
    5. Get control of my finances for once and for all.
    6. Read 25 books.
    7. Become an excellent and healthy cook.
    8. Run at least 1 10k and 1 half-marathon.
    9. Volunteer.
    10. Spend time with my family that doesn't include chores.
    11. Spend time EACH Day reminding myself how grateful I am for my life, even if it is challenging. (Renew my spirit)

These are not in any particular order. But they are going into my room, where I can see them everyday.
    Some of these are more involved than others, but I am determined that the end of 2011 is going to be greeted with LOTS of smiles.
    This is the year I am going to LIVE every day!
  • vdander, all those marathons, wow! I can walk forever, but run? Never! What are you doing to train for them?
  • I am doing the C25k (couch to 5K) workout to get ready for my first 5k in February, and then I plan to go from there. 6 5k's is one every other month, so I think I can do it. I am only going to do ONE half-marathon (13 miles) I am not so sure. I want it as a fitness goal to push myself.

The workout is a free one you can download. Many people on here are doing it to help get in shape.

I just want to know that at the end of this year, I have done everything I can.
  • This year I want to go weeks at a time without ANY negative self-talk
  • In 2011 (my New Year's resolution) I want to have more energy. I will exercise every day. I'll drink more water and will eat more fruits and vegetables!
  • I know it's obvious but...

REACH MY GOAL WEIGHT!!!

and go at least 7lbs below it! and I want to do it by September when I start college
  • I will watch my portions of food, too! Portion control!!!
  • get down to 175 lbs. by July 1. Stay on plan every day. Exercise at least 5 times a week. Pay down debt.

I'm not making any "resolutions" this year; I never do. Instead, I am just taking stock and making adjustments to what I started last year.

Happy New Year to us all...tomorrow is a new day and a new year. Yaaay!
  • ~ Continue to work on my emotional/boredom eating.
    ~ Graduate to 'toes' pushups.
    ~ finding a happy medium. Not eveything is 'all or nothing'
    ~ be more decisive.
  • Add resistance training to my workouts and gain muscle that I have lost.
    Get to my goal weight and really feel good in my skin.
    Follow a low carb "lifestyle" not a DIET
    Take my vitamins, get all my water down, I definitely don't drink enough!!
    Accept my body for what it is, imperfections and all.
  • I want to
    --stop being afraid of being social. I'm wasting everyday of my life being alone and it's getting more and more depressing as the years pass. I spent half of my bday yesterday crying into a pillow for that reason.
    --lose more weight (duh)
    --become independent
    --have to kind of year I can look back on and be proud of myself
  • I want to:

--lose 30 pounds and feel good about myself again
    --stop eating processed CRAP
    --start a consistent exercise plan and
    --complete the Couch to 5k to run my first 5k in May and again in June!