Old 06-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #1  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Default Week of June 14th chat

New week and time to start a new thread.

Happy Flag Day!
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Arrow

Happy Monday Everyone!

Down 4 lbs my first week. Gotta like that! Exercise wasn't what I had hoped for over the weekend...but it gives me something to strive for next weekend, right? I'm sure the cool & rainy (snow in the mountains!!) weather didn't help. I spent a lot of time reading and puttering since I couldn't get out to tend my flowers.

Here's to a good week for EVERYONE!!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hello everyone! Not going to try to catch up on everyone, sorry.

We are having torrential rains/flooding here in the OKC metro area. We've had over 9 inches of rain since about 3 a.m. and expecting more! Streets flooded everywhere. I'm sure the street in front of my house is flooded. It was at 5:30 this morning, but had gone down enough for me to get to work. We've had several more inches since then.

Spent weekend at fiance's. Did lots of cooking for him, friends and neighbors. Our sick friend had requested my meatloaf, so I made that. It was really too hot for heavy food like that (at least for me, the men loved it!) and my stomach was not happy all weekend. Since I'm eating in a healthier way, heavy foods just sit in my stomach like a rock.....I really wanted seconds of some things but my stomach didn't agree! Good thing.

Creepy, creepy thing happened this weekend. I went to kill a spider in the bathroom and when I smashed it w/ toilet paper, HUNDREDS of baby spiders scattered from the body. It was a freak show I tell ya! Had the heebie jeebies for a while afterward. I later found out it was a wolf spider (not poisionous) and they carry their babies until they are able to fend for themselves, but it still gave me the willies for a while. Yuk!

Not going to weigh until at least Wednesday as TOM came this weekend, and with the eating I did.....I just don't want to go there yet!

I hope you all have a great day!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:02 PM   #4  
Next mini-goal 184

S/C/G: 204/189/155

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Monday to you all. I went skiing yesterday, so I am actually glad to be at work to relax & rest some. Very busy weekend 100 degrees on Saturday & 101 yesterday while we out on the river all day. I stayed in the water as much as I could. I love hot weather & normally 100 degrees doesn't bother me, but yesterday I really felt like it was just too much.

Hi Caroline - happy flag day to you too!

Moondance - good for you on the 4 pounds!!!

Annie - I had that happen with a wolf spider many years ago, freaked me out & I just ignore them or sweep them gently away from where I am at.
Im On A Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Howdy! Happy Monday. I'm waiting for guests, so have a few minutes. See if I can get off to a good start this week and keep up better.

Hi Caroline-thanks for getting us started this week.

Moondancwe-congrats on your 1st week loss! Where in CO are you?

Annie-If I were you, I wouldn't be killing any spiders again anytime soon. LOL! Glad it wasn't me!

Onaboat-sounds like the weather was perfect for cooling off in/on the water.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good evening. I've decided to post in the evenings and see how I like it.

I can see the 130's on the horizon. If I'm good this week, I may get there by the weekend. Woo-hoo!

I survived the buffet on Saturday--it was fantastic, and I ate quite a bit, but it turned out to be virtually my only meal all day (other than a protein drink in the morning). I held off eating breakfast so I'd have a good appetite--it's a buffet , after all--and afterward, I just wasn't hungry all day.

Today, I hit the gym in the morning and had a very good workout, but I admit I was lazy this evening and didn't get another exercise session in. Of course, lazy is relative, since I cleaned the kitchen, baked pumpkin bread, took care of some laundry....

Moondance--yay on the 4 pounds down.

Annie--Sorry to hear about the flooding. I hope you are keeping dry. I'm not going to address the other subject. **shudder**

Dee--I start to melt in the high 80's. I don't know how you can stand 100 or more!

I hope everyone had a good Monday.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:52 AM   #7  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

very bad start to the week for me. Our dog died yesterday. He had a big heart attack at the beach, out of the blue, after being totally normal, no warning signs or anything.
So a good way to go for him i suppose, but just a big shock for us. We rescued him from death row at the RSPCA 9 years ago and he had a good life, so absolutely no guilt or regrets - but it's just so sad. I'll miss him lots. It was a teary day yesterday and i there'll be more to come.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #8  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Ange - I'm so sorry you lost your dog like that. I guess it was good for him to go fast, but terrible for you because it happened in front of you while your dog frolicked at the beach. I'm continually surprised how animals have the same diseases humans do- cancer, heart disease, and I've known cats with feline HIV.

Yesterday, I acted out and had a massive binge. I'm not upset about it, but I am not quite sure how to end the periodic binges. I have learned that I can lose binge gain in 3-5 days, so I feel like I can get away with them & not gain weight. But this is not healthy at all. I may need to go back to outpatient eating disorder treatment.

I have a date tonight & I cannot begin to describe how unenthused I am. My gut tells me I won't be remotely interested in him, but I'm giving him a shot b/c we have a lot in common. I invited him to a meet up group for people who are politically liberal. So it's a group social thing, which shouldn't be too bad. He is looking for more of a social life so the meet up group might help with that. I hope he has good social skills and can mingle with friendly strangers.

Anyway, hope you all have a great day.

-Caroline
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:10 AM   #9  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Ange82much I can't imagine seeing that happen to a pet; I'm sure it was very difficult! It sounds like you gave him a wonderful life... My cat is a rescue cat, which makes him extra attached to me, as I'm sure you dog was to you...

KittehMomma Yeah, lazy sounds relative, indeed!

AngelsKeep I hope you have a great week.

OnABoat I'm assuming by skiing you mean water skiing? I have never done that. It looks like it takes incredible strength, so kudos to you!

AnnieDrews Gross on the spider and stay safe on the weather!

Moondance Congrats on the 4 pounds!!

MotivatedChickie Thanks for starting us off!

Here, I'm enjoying my 3x/week spinning. I definitely come out drenched. The scale isn't really moving but I hope my body is beginning to change. I am finding that not having a monthly cycle is taking some mental adjustment. I'm used to my weight having a monthly rhythm and now it doesn't... I don't get that woosh anymore! Oh no!!! But overall I'm feeling great. Our Alaska trip is in less than a month, so the planning for that has begun. Not looking forward to the food availability, but I'll manage.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:12 AM   #10  
Heidi

Oh, here's something new. I am going to Boston to visit my sister for the weekend. She sent me an email saying it is supposed to be hot on Saturday and she wants to go to the beach, so bring a bathing suit. Hey, no Pavlovian cringe reaction to being asked to wear a bathing suit. Now there's an NSV!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Good Day everyone! It's a new day with a new set of choice before us. Let's make 'em good ones!

Annie--Hope you're staying high and dry! I finally saw the news last night. I had no idea OKC was under so much water. You're in my thoughts!! Your spider story is nightmare stuff for me!!

ImOnABoat--I had to laugh at myself...when I read your post my first thought was "where is she skiing in June"--keep in mind I'm thinking snow skiing! Sounds like a great way to beat the heat!

Beth--I'm between Denver and Colorado Springs. Hope your week started off good!

KittehMomma--I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the 130's for you!!

Ange--So very sorry to hear about your dog. They are a member of the family and the loss will be deeply felt. It sounds like you're taking comfort in the long, happy doggie life he had with you. What more could a dog ask for?

Caroline--I hope your date turns out better than you're anticipating. Good luck!

Last night was a practice in small victories: While out yesterday, DD's stopped and bought candy. It was a buy 2-get 2 free...so they brought home a candy bar for DH and me. Milky Way-one of my favorites. Guess what...I didn't eat it!!!! I saw how many calories are in one and decided I didn't want to have to go another 2 miles on the treadmill to work it off! I had allowed myself 2 Dove dark chocolate squares already and it was enough...until I went to take a bath. I thought one more would be good. I could suck on it while soaking and reading. So I put the chocolate and my book on the tub edge. While I'm setting out my towel and stuff, the dog comes in the bathroom and steals my chocolate. I decided it was divine intervention and did NOT go get another one. Small victories!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #12  
Heidi

Victories, indeed, Moondance. That's wonderful; sounds like you are in the groove.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:51 AM   #13  
Next mini-goal 184

S/C/G: 204/189/155

Height: 5' 7"

Work is slow today so I can catch up some & eat lunch at a decent time. I'm kind of liking it.

Barb - Hi, hope you week is starting off good.

Kittehmamma - I start to freeze at 70 degrees, this beach bum can't handle the cold, so bring on the heat!

Ange - I am so sorry, I would be devastated if something happened to one of my furbabies.

Caroline - I hope you date goes well.

Newleaf - Yes it is water skiing, I have been on skis since I was 4 years old, I love it. Funny though it seems hard at 45 then it did when I was 30 and younger.

Heidi - I love spinning. Alaska trip sound fun.

Moondance - YAY for small victories.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Im On A Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Not much time for a big post right now.

My back yard is a swamp!!! I probably got between 8-10 inches of rain in about 18 hours. My rain gage overflowed after 5 inches the first time. Second rain was 1.5 inches.

Ange-I did want to express my sorrow on hearing about your dog. Sounds like he had an awesome life with you. Hugs.

Here is a pic of my new haircut. Do ya'll think I should change my avatar?

Old

New
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:43 PM   #15  
Heidi

AnnieDrews great cut and look how much slimmer your face is!! Yes, change your avatar!!