Old 05-31-2010, 12:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Default Weekof May 31.

What is going on. It's 11:00 my time and no one has started new thread yet? I see it has slowed down a bit around here. I am discovering that dating and healthy eating do not necessarily go well together. I have gotten a ton of yard work done this weekend, got a new roof on my patio which is awesome, and done a little studying. Haven't gotten a lot of things done I was hoping to get done. The weekend isn't over yet.

Hope everyone else is having a restful holiday weekend.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:35 PM   #2  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Hi, Petra. I think its a case of things slowing down in general with the onset of good weather combined with things slowing down in particular with the long weekend. It doesn't feel like Monday yet.. which bodes for a messed up week LOL

Here, we were celebrating DS8's 9th birthday, which is on Wednesday. I baked a chocolate cake from scratch with homemade icing. As I was icing the top and pulling the spatula towards me to spread the frosting, I accidentally pulled the whole plate off the island, it flipped in the air and landed SPLOT on the kitchen floor!! Oh, my, what a mess. So now I will be making a cake on his actual birthday instead! Luckily he handled it well... I did call him over to see it so he could have a good laugh.

I have my 2nd spin class tomorrow morning; looking forward to it!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:27 PM   #3  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Heidi - speak for yourself re long weekends and better weather. Regular weekends, short days and miserable weather over here. Shocker with the cake - shame you don't have video footage to show us!

I did a spin class last night too, and was in the mood to really go hard, which is great when it happens!

Petra - you're a busy thing! Not much sitting around for you by the sound of it.

Hubby's got pneumonia at the mo. Don't know how.... I think it's a mild version i.e. he's not in hospital, but that's certainly led to a quieter weekend for us. I'm STILL not really motivated to eat brilliantly, but then i'm still enjoying increasing my exercise. And i still haven't been on the scales!!
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:31 PM   #4  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Heidi - it's a sign of maturity and sense of humor that you let the kid see the mistake. I hope you had a howling good giggle over it!

Petra - love and dieting are a tough match. I wish you all the best on your adventure - you are truly a lovely, smart lady. Keep those standards for the guy friend as high as you keep them for your work - you deserve the very best.

ange - it's a gradual process, and you're doing great! Just knowing where the improvements can be is half the battle!

OK, confession time. We had a big ole BBQ here this weekend for the Indy 500, and there was much drinking and junk food. But we're OK now, and the fridge has been cleaned out. Back to journaling tomorrow - that was the key that took 25 pounds off.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Back to reality today. I have been really lax with the food plan, journalling, etc over the past couple of weeks. I need to get back to the program. I'm even going to try to go to yoga tonight! I did get on the scale over the weekend and I was somewhere between where I was when I came back from New Orleans and my 219 low so we are moving in the right direction. I was very active this weekend so I'm sure that helped.

Heidi-that is awful about the cake. All that work! I'm glad you can have a sense of humor about it. I think I would have cried.

Ange-hope your hubby feels better soon.

Becky-sounds like you had a good weekend. And you have learned not to let those occassions become a lifestyle. That's the important part.

Dating can be really challenging for me. I find I tend to intimidate a lot of guys-not my intention but men just are uncomfortable with highly educated, high earning women. And the ones I don't intimidate tend to be jerks. We'll see how this works out. I'm really looking forward to my vacation in about another 10 days.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!

Petra-prolly the good weather and everyone is out enjoying it?? I bet your yard is really pretty....much more will grow there than here. And a new roof for hte patio will be nice shade for the summer.

Heidi-glad the cake ended on the floor instead of on you! As I was reading, I was thinking maybe the spatula ended up right in your face where you couldn';t resist a lick or two. Chocolate cake is nearly impossible to resist! Congratsa on the spin class...they are killer difficult from what I've heard.

Ange-hope your hubby feels better soon.

Becky-sometimes a girl just needs a bbq! Welcome back on track. It's really hard to get going again sometimes, but sounds like you're all over it.

Petra-A guy who is intimidated or who is a jerk is not a good match for anyone. Keep on trying. You'll find someone nice eventually even for just a good friend if that's all you're looking for.

Okay, so on Tuesday last I had the cinnamon roll as kind of a not giving in completely but not being wickedly intense about the calories for just one day. As expected, since i got not much exercise, and ended up at he higher end of my calories most days, I didn't have any loss last week. No major slip ups, just not quite 100% for the first time since Feb. Yesterday, we did a 5+ mile hike at the Bighorn National Canyon Recreation Area. Great exercise and I am pooped out today. Was once again at the higher end of my calories for the day. Last day of THAT nonsense. Back on track today. It's going to be more difficult over the summer, at least the getting exercise part. UGH!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hello friends! I didn't get online at all this weekend....except to look up a recipe!! I had a very enjoyable weekend even though I didn't do much. I did spend some time outdoors on Sunday cleaning birdbath, planting some flowers, etc. Kind of strained my back that day and took it easy yesterday. Did LOTS of cooking at fiance's, but kept my eating under control most of the time considering it was a holiday weekend. The neighbors out there have cherry trees (the little sour cherries) and they were bursting with ripe fruit. They usually just let the birds have them, but I couldn't resist the challenge of making something from them! I found two recipes online and combined them, and my result was a huge hit with the men!! This dish was not for the faint of heart (it actually might make your heart stop!), as it was full of sugar and butter, but so delicious. I had 2 1/2 servings, one with ice cream!! Anyhoo....it was a good weekend and I look forward to seeing my sons this evening.

AngelsKeep-I saw your comment about allowing yourself to have the cinnamon roll, and how it didn't taste as good as you remembered. That has happened to me alot since I have been eating healthier. I really taste what I am eating and sometimes it doesn't seem worth the calories. Kudos on the smaller pants!!

Petra-Sounds like you got to spend lots of time working outdoors this weekend. I know what you mean about new relationships/dating and unhealthy eating. I remember when I met my ex-husband. I was working 3-11 and some evenings when I got home from work, we would grill out and eat after midnight! I know this sounds terrible.....but a neighbor across the street (I don't really know her well) has a new relationship and I told myself, "I'll bet she really puts on the weight now." I can't believe I thought that, but I did. Keep your standards high on the men you are choosing to date, I can see how that would be difficult in your situation.

Heidi-Oh that SUX about the b-day cake!! Glad you had a good sense of humor about it! Good luck with the next one!!

Ange-Ugh on winter weather! I still have trouble imagining it being wintertime in June! Hope DH feels better soon.

ICU-We did some drinking/eating that coincided with the Indy 500, too. Good thing you are disciplined about getting back on track. That's the key!

Trying to figure out this coming weekend. I am taking off Friday and had hoped to go camping with my sons. Older son requested the days off of work, but didn't get them. I really don't want to go w/o him, as he is the ace tent-putter-upper. I had wanted him to help me teach younger son how to do it. So am trying to make alternate plans in case we don't go camping. Either going to a local water park on Friday or possibly to an outdoor production of "Oklahoma!" near Tulsa. I just want to do something fun. We'll see what the week brings.

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 06-01-2010 at 10:22 AM.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

P.S. I didn't do any formal exercise all weekend, but got back at it this morning.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #9  
Heidi

Ange82much – sorry you are not enjoying the same weather that we are over here… But don’t you have that trip to Bali coming up?? That will be wonderful… I hope your DH is feeling better soon. My DS11 had pneumonia over the winter which completely caught us by surprise, too.

ICUWishing – sounds like you had quite a BBQ. Great job getting back to what you do best, staying the new course! Hope today was a good day.

Petra65 – did you get back on track today? Did you go to yoga tonight? I’m going to my first ever yoga class next Monday. Looking forward to it! You and I are both in the same spot. Worked very hard to break through our xx0 barrier but now are just hovering. Let’s kick this thing! Also, I hear you re: being intimidating. I used to have that problem professionally, and even personally just around the school volunteer thing. Japanese saying, spelled out phonetically: she-kaw-ta ga nye (really, shikata ga nai). It means eyes towards heaven, what can be done, with a sort of shrug of the shoulders. Good luck with the dating scene; I am sure the right man is out there for you!

AngelsKeep – I hope you are feeling back on track today. Sounds like a wonderful hike!

AnnieDrews – I hope you had a nice time with your sons tonight! Glad the cherry thing was a hit – definitely let the men-folk eat it all up, YIKES! Have fun planning your weekend. Sorry the camping thing may not work out. Reminds me, we need to line up a campsite for the 4th!

Here, I did my 2nd spin class today, yay me. AND I was careful with food, moreso than usual. So, I’m feeling like I had a good day. I just took my DS8’s new birthday cake out of the oven and tomorrow I will frost. Hopefully with no incidents! I can’t believe my baby will be 9 tomorrow. Wow.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:12 PM   #10  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Just a drive-by. Crazy weekend, work yesterday and I'm still exhausted. More craziness coming up, including 2 dates w/ 2 different men. Go me : ) Will try to catch up in a few days.
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:16 AM   #11  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Heidi - wow your DS11 got pneumonia. It's really surprising that it hits seemingly totally random and healthy people isn't it.

Well, hubby is in hospital now. Latest from a CT scan today is that he has (probably) infected fluid which is collapsing his lung and he has to have an op to remove it. Find out for sure tomorrow. What is looking certain is that the Bali trip is off!! Humph. Too much danger of blood clots with flying for Pete at mo apparently - and that's if he's recovered enough anyway which seems highly unlikely. Never mind, we'll go later on when he's well.

Anyway as a result of being the solo dog-walker in the house now, i'm able to get my self-prescribed 10mins running in inamongst the rest of the walking without putting myself out, so that's working well (except heavy rain forecast for next 4 days which won't be quite so much fun).

Petra and Kathi - great work on your dating efforts. Romance is much more interesting than illness!!! Keep us informed.....
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:12 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

A quick drive by - my son has croup which I didn't think kids still got at his age (almost 6) and I didn't think they got this time of year. Yesterday we were at the doctor's office for several hours while he was treated and that did help a lot. He got steroids which helped to reopen his airway and he wasn't struggling so hard to breathe. He still has a fever and the cough but he was able to get better sleep so I'm hopeful he's on the road to recovery now.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:38 AM   #13  
Heidi

Ange82much wow, here's hoping for your DH's speedy recovery... is it an operation to remove the fluid or to remove the lung?? Hopefully the fluid... Good luck to you all!

PeanutsMom sorry your Peanut is sick! And yes, I'm surprised, too, by the age and time of year. Hopefully that means it will resolve more quickly...

WeightLossWanted have fun in your whirlwind!
Old 06-02-2010, 08:25 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning. I enjoyed the long weekend--a little too much! Ate too much, exercised too little. Sigh.

Well, time to shape up again.

Heidi--LOL about the cake.

Ange--sorry to hear about DH and pneumonia. Sending good thoughts your way.

Becky--I attended a BBQ too this past weekend--delish! Tastes like summer.

Petra--I hear you about the jerks who are intimidated by intelligent, educated women.

Barb--all that hiking sounds great.

Peanutsmom--sorry to hear about DS and the croup.

I'm off to exercise this morning. Hope to eat better today.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:17 AM   #15  
Next mini-goal 184

S/C/G: 204/189/155

Height: 5' 7"

Hi - I am a newbie but just found this group. Wanted to know if you want another 40 something year old to hang out with you? Bad timing because I am swamped at the office & leaving in a couple of hours, so I will have to pop in later & type more & get to know everyone. Have a good day everybody.

Dee
Im On A Boat is offline   Reply With Quote