Old 06-02-2010, 02:06 PM   #16  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Everyone! Not been checking in as regularly as I know I need to. Hoping with school out I’ll make more time to stay connected here. Been walking every morning. Was hoping to spend some time at the pool this afternoon but the weather is not looking like it is going to cooperate.

I’m On a Boat, There is always room for another 40 something here. Welcome!

Kitteh
, Weekends are hard. Hope today is a good day!

Peanutsmom, sorry to hear about your little guy. Hope he feels better soon.

Ange82much, That’s scary about your hubby. Hope he is feeling better soon too!

WLW, Can’t wait to hear about your dates!

Newleaf, Sorry about the cake. Hope your son has a great birthday! So, do you like the spin class. I know organized classes are not your thing, Hope it helps jump start your loss!

Annie, Did you find something fun to do this weekend?

Angelskeep, Hope you are managing to get back on track. Do you have a lot of upcoming renters?

Petra, Sounds like you got a lot of things done this weekend. Hope the dating thing works out for you. I don’t envy anyone in that position these days. You are a great catch! Hope Mr. Right comes along soon!

ICU, We were out of town over the weekend and had more than our fair share of BBQ type foods. By Monday I felt like crap. Was glad to get home and back to eating light. With Atlanta behind you, what is your next swim goal? We are looking into heading to Detroit in August. Maybe this time we can arrange to meet?

Didn’t go back to last week’s thread so if I missed anyone else, I apologize. Hope everyone has a great day!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:13 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hello everyone! Busy day here....older son's debit card (with me as the primary account holder [bank policy]) was frauded last night. I am working with the bank to hopefully not be responsible for the $200+ charge made before the fraud was discovered and the card was shut down. Have to go personally to the bank after work and fill out forms.

Made reservations for a motel and tickets to go see the outdoor production of Oklahoma! Friday evening. Older son is going to try to do some trading of shifts at work so he can hopefully go with us. I am becoming painfully aware that he won't be attending all of our family functions as he grows older. I know it's natural, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I'm trying not to hold on too tightly.

I've almost gotten rid of the 2 pounds that were showing on the scale yesterday morning, after my weekend of badness.

Heidi-So glad you are enjoying the spin classes. Hope you and DS are enjoying his birthday today.

WLW-Enjoy your dates!

Ange-So sorry to hear about DH's illness and upcoming procedure. I hope he feels better real soon.

Peanut's-Croup can be really scary. I hope DS is recovering well.

Kitteh-I hear ya on enjoying the weekend a little too much. Glad you're getting back on track now.

I'm On A Boat-So glad you are joining in! Welcome to you and just jump right in whenever you are able.

I hope you all have a great day!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #18  

Hi OMW!! We must have cross-posted. Glad you are out of school and can enjoy your break now.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Good to see everyone posting again. I actually cooked something for dinner tonight so I'm feeling pretty good about that. Will have sime leftovers for lunch for the rest of the week.

Heidi-I didn't make it to yoga last night but that was because I got home from work late. That's what happens after a 3 day weekend I suppose.

Ange-sorry to hear about your husband. That sounds quite serious. Does he need an operatio or just a chest tube? I shouldn't say JUST. They are serious and very painful from what I hear. I hope he gets better soon.

PM-croup in June? Let's hope it's short lived.

Kathi- sounds like you and I are on the same cycle. Hope you have some good luck

Annie-good for you for getting back on track and getting those extra lbs off

Dee-this is a great group. Make yourself at home.

My dating adventures are going well I think. I actually had 2 dates over memorial day weekend with 2 different guys. Isn't the Internet great, lol. They both went well and there will be second dates but I clearly like one better than the other so we'll see how this turns out.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:05 AM   #20  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

gosh, thanks for all your well-wishes for my ailing husband. You're all very kind.

Don't know whether it's an op yet Petra, depends on if fluid is infected and results should be back on that one tomorrow. He had 5.2 pints of fluid drained out of one lung this morning which sounds pretty impressive to me (that's how to do weightloss, girls........)
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:19 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning, all.

I was good yesterday, for both food and exercise, and I'm seeing my holiday weekend weight starting to go away. By this weekend, I hope to be back to where I was before last weekend. Oh well, it was a really good weekend, even if I have "lost" a week.

I'm on a Boat--welcome. Always room for more.

Short and sweet today--running late and need to get out the door. I must get my internal clock reset so I'm not starting off behind the 8-ball every morning.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:28 AM   #22  

Good day to all! I got a nice surprise on the scale this morning! I was actually down a pound from my weigh-in last week! I've really been impatient to get to goal. It is encouraging to see it coming off slowly but surely....just want it gone! I did some ab exercises last night and hope to continue that safely. I received that bathing suit I ordered and my stomach looks absolutely horrifying in it! I suppose I will have to stick with a blousy style for a while. I don't expect to have six pack abs, ever. I never had them even in my teens or twenties. Childbirth and weight gain/loss over the years has taken its toll. I just want to look nicer. My belly is the reason I am not wearing a much smaller size right now. Oh well. Life goes on!

Petra-Did you ever make the spinach pies? That sounded interesting and I was wondering how they turned out. You are right about the Internet being a great place to match up. I don't tell many people this, but I met my fiance using a website. We all just have to remember to be wise and safe. I know you are smart enough to know that, I just like to remind others. Enjoy yourself!

Ange-Hope hubby is doing well and they can get that fluid under control.

Kitteh-You are doing great! I know what you mean about being in a rush in the mornings. I hate that and usually forget to do something. Have a good day!

Well, I have a ton of things to get done today starting with getting my permanent crowns applied this afternoon. The evening will be spent getting housework done and getting ready for our overnight trip tomorrow. Still unsure if older son will be able to go. Hope he can.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #23  

Ugh! Should I keep my mouth shut? These crazy girls at work are doing that 500 calorie/HCG drops diet. I asked one of them how it was going. She said, "Okay, except I'm miserable because I can't eat anything." I just hate to see people wasting time and money on something that might help them lose a few pounds temporarily.

Funny thing is, whenever someone asks me how I am losing weight and I start to tell them (counting calories, increase fiber, lots of water, exercise, blah blah blah), they get a glazed look in their eyes and tune out. I guess people expect me to say I am doing some fad diet so they can try it too and waste their time.

Frustrated.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:13 PM   #24  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Back from my 9 day vacation and I can't believe how great every moment was. I wandered Chicago and danced like crazy in Detroit. I'm impressed that my 40-year old self kept up with the youngsters at the festival. I didn't feel at all out of place, especially since the 70-year old woman known as "Techno grandma" was there riding around in her cart and fist pumping to the DJs.

My eating was a complete crash and burn in Detroit. Eating healthy in Detroit was more impossible than I ever expected. Eating was a horrible experience. Some days I was subsisting on peanuts and pretzels. The rest of the time I ate whatever junk was available. And liquid refreshment was mostly Red Bull & vodka. But I didn't care that much because I was having such a great time.

I was not good to my body at all in Detroit - I even picked up smoking again. Everybody was smoking and eventually I caved. First meal I had back in Philadelphia was a huge salad with tuna. And milk. My body thanked me for that.

The scale says I'm 5 pounds heavier, which wasn't a surprise. I did gain weight- my clothes are tighter now. My plan is to get back to my regular eating and exercise schedule and see what happens with the scale.

Glad to be back on 3FC again.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:09 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good Friday morning!

Stuck to the plan yesterday and saw another little drop on the scale this morning. 'Course it's still weekend weight coming off, but it is coming off! Allergies started kicking up again yesterday--the weather is getting nice(er) and the pollen count is rising again--so I didn't get in extra exercise after work. Hope to do better this weekend.

Annie--I've gotten similar responses about my own dieting efforts--especially the year I went sugarless. Eat less? Exercise? Blech! Fad diet ads are seductive. Without any effort on your part, you can melt away those pounds--you just can't keep them off.

Chickie--I had no idea Detroit was such a party town! Welcome home.

The gym awaits. This morning is strength training.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:11 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

Hi All -

my little guy is FINALLY on the mend. He napped for 4 hours straight yesterday and that seemed to do the trick. So I got a full night's sleep for the first time in a week!! He'll spend one more day with my parents so he can have a chance to nap again if he needs, but they will also get him out to play if he feels up to it, and I'll also plan for a fairly low key weekend.

I ended up falling off plan yesterday and eating some chocolate due to the exhaustion making me hungry but too tired to plan ahead and have good choices. However, right back on plan today!!

Hope everyone is doing well and planning for a wonderful weekend!!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:13 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieDrews View Post
Funny thing is, whenever someone asks me how I am losing weight and I start to tell them (counting calories, increase fiber, lots of water, exercise, blah blah blah), they get a glazed look in their eyes and tune out. I guess people expect me to say I am doing some fad diet so they can try it too and waste their time.

Frustrated.
yeah, I've been there too. Ironically, it even happened with a nurse at my doctor's office when she was taking my weight at the beginning of a visit. "Oh, how'd you lose the weight??" When I said "eat less, move more" it was like saying it to a blank wall, no response despite the initial interest.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

PM-I find the one thing that really puts me in a bad place to resist cravings is sleep deprivation. I suspect that I am not unique. I'm glad peanut is better

Ange-hope you got good news on the hubby. Infected fluid around the lung (empyema) is a bad thing. I hope it wasn't infected.

Chickie-welcome back. Glad you had a good time. I'm sure if you get back to your good habits, things will get back to where they need to be. Maybe check in with the maintainers. This is probably something they have lots of experience with.

Annie-when I tell people I'm following a Mediterranean style diet, most people have no clue what the heck Im talking about even though it's all over the news about the health benefits.

As for the Internet dating thing-yeah. Doesn't seem I'm gonna meet anyone any other way. I really can't date anyone I work with and there are few other opportunities for me to meet men. I also have an unfair advantage: I'm a shrink, LOL. I can weed through this pretty efficiently. Some people are really good liars and conmen but I'm pretty tough to fool. I've been around the block a few times. There aren't many tricks I haven't seen. I sometimes wonder if guys have any idea about the messages they are sending with some of the stuff they post on their profiles. I have a second date with someone tonight that I met last weekend. I think this guy has potential but I guess with all the good ones, there will be competition and I have no idea what my competition is. I can just be myself and see what happens.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:05 AM   #29  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Petra - It's good to hear another person talking about dating. I'm in the same boat as you- single and looking. I did internet dating for about 9 months and then I deleted my profile. I went on a ton of dates, but nothing special materialized. I tried the old school method of dating people I meet at parties or events, but the guys were looking for something "casual," if you know what I mean.

Dating at 40 is extremely hard. I am not too picky in the looks department, but have high standards on intelligence and sense of humor. Seems like the good ones are already taken.

This month, I promised myself to do another profile and jump back in the pool. But I keep finding excuses not to do it.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:01 PM   #30  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

TGIF. My prior boss got fired from work today, and here I am feeling a bit guilty about feeling fabulous about her getting the axe. LOL! Good grief, I've got guilt down to a science! Found out Thurs that DS10 got his first labels - "gifted perfectionist". Poor guy. But it was nice watching the spouse get reamed for cracking down on him all the time. We were ordered to never again use the phrase, "You did this well, but ...." The director of his school told us to lay off and let them do the intellectual lifting - our job is just to appreciate him and let him play. Do I need to describe what an impossible relief that is? I sense that it's gonna be a GREAT summer.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote