Old 04-30-2010, 10:22 AM   #1  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Default Hit my mini goal & I rocked my event!

I decided to post the update here in the 40-somethings group because I think you'd like this.

In the past few years, I have been living life with much more gusto than I ever did in my 20s. My uncle died at 46 & my dad died at 54 so I know life is short. And I am trying to have as much fun and friendship as I can while I'm able.

I had a major fundraiser last night where restaurants give money to HIV/AIDS. I was a volunteer stationed at a popular restaurant in the "gayborhood," which is the gay community of Philadelphia.

I have been losing weight and am getting close to goal so I decided to dress up in a fantasy outfit. I bought a pair of thigh high boots at a shoe store for only $10. My best friend, a gay man, convinced me to buy them even though they were so different than my baggy jeans and t-shirt style.

Anyway, I wore the boots, a mini skirt and a tight top. And I looked great and I got so many compliments. It was really fun trying a new look and I was able to walk around fine in stiletto heels.

I feel really proud of myself for losing weight, but also for embracing life so fully. The past few years have been the happiest in my life even though I haven't had a boyfriend in 5 years. I have discovered that being single and independent is wonderful and that I am completely fulfilled being 40 and on my own.

Anyway, I hope all of you are going after your dreams, whatever they are. And I realize it's not about goal weight, it's about enjoying every moment.

Thank you 3FC people, you have been so good to me.

Here's a pic of me from last night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dolme.jpg (20.6 KB, 49 views)
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:02 AM   #2  
inspired this time around

S/C/G: 161/149/130

Height: 5'3''

You look AMAZING!!!!!! BTW we have the same weight goal!!! Keep it up!
whoIwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/167/150

You look great what a special and fun night that must have been
carolinainfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:12 AM   #4  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

What a great pic and story; you look awesome, and more importantly, you FEEL awesome!! I'm loving it!

I've been really enjoying my 40s, too...
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:35 AM   #5  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

How awesome for you! You look great and are so close to your goal weight! I have been single for 9 years now and am much happier and so much more content than I ever was when I was married. As a cancer survivor I agree with your philosophy to live life fully! I used to put things off because I thought I had plenty of time. I knew when my youngest turned 18 I would only be 44 and would still have plenty of life left to do what I wanted for me. Then I got cancer at age 39, which was a huge wakeup call! Being at high risk for recurrence I know that if I don't do it now, I may not get another chance. It may not seem like much to others, but little things like seeing Yanni in concert, or going to a writing workshop with my favorite author are the kinds of things I never did for myself before, but doing these little things now make a huge difference. Life is good!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

You look fantastic! Congrats on the new look and the uber fun... what a great way to celebrate your successful weight loss!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote