Old 03-04-2010, 12:46 PM   #61  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Annie, excellent job on moving to the 2 mile WATP. Looks like you’re starting your exercise track the same way I did. And what excellent news that the comfy cone is what it looked like. I have every intention of getting one the next time my pups need one. I’m glad Tootsie is happier. Welcome to the 17X’s!!!

Kitteh, I like the idea of dried fruit in my office for the office munchies. I’m going to look into that. And almonds.

Becky, that light at the end of the tunnel is just an oncoming train. Life doesn’t slow down. And it is great news the new school is going well.

Petra, WTG on the pilates class.

Newleaf, The only time I’ve spilled a mocha in a vehicle was when I was in a 19 vehicle accident 2.5 years ago. It flew from the cup holder so the BMW did great yesterday. Not a drop. I fell in love the heated seats and asked my co-worker if anyone made after-market seat heaters. He said that they did and they were about 180 for two. I googled it and found it. DH has been informed that my expectation is they are my mother’s day present. I did point out that perhaps our constant battle about vehicle temp will go away when I can have a warm seat. He liked that since he likes cold vehicles. And I like the ah-ha about having to re-lose it again. I’m going to keep that nugget.

Cruise, I am so sorry for your stress. Sending your way.

Blizzard had a good check-up at the vet yesterday. She’s our weightloss maintainer doggie. She’s maintained her loss (she did lose her 1 pound holiday pound). Her hips are doing well and I realized that she’s now at nearly twice her life expectancy when she was diagnosed with all her hip problems. We were told we’d be lucky if she made 5 years old. She’s 9.5 years old and yesterday jumped on our bed for the first time in years. I was drying my hair and looked into the bedroom and there she was. It was so awesome. She is my soul-dog so every day is precious. She’s healthier than she’d been for the last few years. I have so much hope that she could live until just plain old age takes her.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:52 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Marie-That is great news for you and your Blizzard puppy! Hope she has many more comfy years ahead on your bed!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:31 PM   #63  
Kim

S/C/G: 256/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Annie - Glad Tootsie is healing and you got that comfy collar. As for the bars, I have made it a goal for myself not use use what I call "crutches". These are MY crutches not necessarily anyone elses. I used those WW bars before to try to fight my candy bar habit but they only made me want it more. I'm trying this time to truly change the way I eat for good and not use my crutches. So I say good for you on the Slim Fast bars. It's a hard habit to break.

Petra - WTG on getting your taxes done. And I love to look at progress pics so of course, I'm interested in your blog. Great job!

Marie - Take it easy girl.

Heidi - Hope the Pink Eye gets better soon.

Suzy - I 'm sorry to hear about your sister. I hope you get good news back. I'm an emotional eater too.

MomForever - Welcome from a newbie!

Becky - UGH 80 hour weeks!

CruiseCat - Sorry to hear about the trouble with stepson. I hope he comes home soon. I can't imagine how difficult that must be for your and your husband.

I have been dealing with an endometriosis flare and a bladder infection for 10 days. It's finally getting better so I'm back and feeling much more like myself. Ready to get back to exercise. I've lost 18 pounds as of yesterday's weigh in so I'm feeling pretty good about myself.

Take care ladies.
Wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:38 PM   #64  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

I'm on my way out for the evening, but I wanted to make a quick post to report that my sister's cancer has not returned! The doctor is certain that the cough is coming from damage done to her lungs by the radiation. He put her on albuterol and pulmacort to see if that helps. She goes back on Tuesday for lung function studies and depending on how that turns out he may or may not put her on prednisone, but the good news is that all of the tests relating to the cancer being back were negative! Thank you all for your prayers and for putting up with my worrying!
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #65  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Wizzie, I’m glad you’re feeling better. I used to get UTIs so often I was put on macrodantin for 1 year. Amazingly, that got rid of them. They were horrible. You have my sympathies.

Suzy, what absolutely excellent news. I am so happy for you and your sister!
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:23 PM   #66  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

SuzyMc what a relief -- I'm so happy for you and your sister!

Wizzie congratulations on your 18 pounds lost!!

Marie yeah, car seat warmers, gotta have them! I didn't know you could get them aftermarket... cool!

Last edited by newleaf123; 03-04-2010 at 06:24 PM.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:39 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I'm having a bit of a dilemma tonight. I only have about 300 calories left the day if I want to make my calorie goal and what I have on the menu is more than 300 calories. Of course, this is because I ate some snacks today that were not on the menu. Why do I do this to myself?

Suzy-that's great news about your sister! I'm sure you are really relieved.

Cat-nice to see you but sorry to hear you and Mack are having to deal with this. Hope it comes to a quick and safe end.

Marie-my new car has seat heaters. I thought what a waste down here but I've actually used them quite a bit this year. We have had an unusually cold winter and they are really nice. I wish I had a car with seat heaters when I lived in PA but I never did.

Annie-glad the collar is working out better. That does sound like the same collar I have. It does look exactly like something you would use in a swimming pool.

Wizzie-great job on the weight loss!

Lamb-thinking of you and wishing you luck on your run this weekend. Hope your having fun.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:22 PM   #68  

Dilemma solved-I had breakfast for dinner. It wasn't what was on the meal plan but it kept my calorie budget more or less in tact.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:49 PM   #69  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Cruise, Thinking of you and Mack and praying that your step son is safe. Stop in when you can, we miss you!

ICU, good to hear from you!

Annie, The 170's! Way to go! Glad to hear WATP is working for you!

Newleaf, It's great that you are in such good spirits about everything. I think it will certainly help you deal with whatever comes your way. Great insight about losing and regaining!

Petra, Great switch to stay on plan! Hope things at work are not as stressful.

SuzyMc, Great news about you sister! Thanks for keeping us posted.

Wizzie, 18 pounds is great!

Marie, We bought DS a new car this fall and it has seat warmers. My SUV does not. What is wrong with that picture? How's the healing?

Anyone I have missed, Hope things are going well for you too!

Walked outside yesterday and today. It felt great. I'm optimistic that winter is on it's way out!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:23 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

OMW - glad you are enjoying the outdoors! It's been lovely here too but we'll probably get more snow by the weekend.

Petra - glad you figured out a way to stay in your calorie range! I keep reading here that food is 80% of the equation, so it's great you are finding some good strategies!

Suzy - phew, what a relief about your sister!!!! Definitely an answered prayer!

Wizzie - nice to see you back! glad you are recovering and congrats on the loss!!

Marie - sounds like you are doing great - back to work, and cruising around in fancy cars! lol!

CruiseCAT - take care of yourself, prayers that everything works out ok, and soon, before you and Mack have to deal with more stress over it.

Annie - Congrats on the 170s! and glad Tootsie is recovering nicely.

Newleaf - I'm so glad you are finding some peace and acceptance of your situation. And while I think everyone understands the temptation to eat for comfort and to deal with the stress, I'm so proud of you for finding the strength to not go down that road!

ICUWishing - good luck surviving those crazy schedules!!!

Hello to Kittehmomma and momforever and sorry and hello if I missed anyone!

I'm winding down my first week using my Gowear Fit and so far, I'm really happy with the results - down 3.6 lbs since Saturday's weigh in, and I didn't even start using the GWF and really focus on staying on plan until Sunday. Hope to finish out the week strong and be well on my way back to 226 and beyond!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:49 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning, all.

Did you hear that loud crash yesterday? That was me, falling off the diet. We had a going away lunch and I didn't prepare for it adequately, then made some bad choices. Way over my calorie goal for the day, but...

...I only put on 1 lb. (mind you, I might have lost a pound, if I'd stuck to the count). It's back on track for me today--catch that runaway horse before it does any more damage. At least I was good yesterday about using my rebounder for nearly an hour, with ankle and wrist weights. The pulled muscle feels healed up, so...

...I'm off to the gym for some good aerobic exercise this morning, and maybe some weights this afternoon.

Suzy--great news about your sister.

Marie--glad to hear Blizzard is doing well.

Wizzie--Hello. Glad to hear you've turned the corner and are starting to feel better.

Petra--That was a clever way to stay on the plan.

Gotta go. Exercise awaits.

p.s. This is day 20 for me--but I can't get into the tracker page. What's with that? I see tickers on some people's pages.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:18 AM   #72  
MySuperHealth

Height: 160cm

This picture of myself was taken on my fortieth birthday. Being forty makes me realize that time is not infinite. Let's pack it with meaningful activities that make us feel proud of ourselves from within. Life is not a dress rehearsal, let's live it up!
MySuperHealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:04 AM   #73  

Peanutsmom-you have me curious about your Gofit wear. What the heck is that thing? My opinion, food is more than 80% of the equation...probably more like 90%. People get way too overfocused on exercise. Yes it is important for health and it is much more important in maintenance but it is a small part of the losing battle. I think they try to fake themselves into believing if they exercise a lot they can overeat or eat things that aren't good for them and it doesn't work like that. They would all be better off eating clean and exercising less. I'll get off my soap box now.

Kittehmom-that's the right attitude.....what happened yesterday was yesterday. Put it behind you and just look forward. The tickers are broken

TGIF. I"ve had a rough couple weeks. I'm really looking forward to this weekend. Have some good food on the menu too so I'll be doing some cooking.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:14 AM   #74  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Cruise: I've been there! was living in tx and got a call from the ex after my son had been missing over 24 hours : ( we were in the middle of an ice storm and my mom had to forbid me to get in the car or jump on a plane. On the plus side I located him myself by phone w/in about 30 mins and turned the tables - gave the kid permission to stay where he was and wouldn't tell the ex. I know how hard it is when you can't get any cooperation from the other side. Funny thing is that it's always my job to fix it and now my ex is calling me about DS18 because he wants him to move back in with me. I hope your stepson decides to call Mack if he won't contact is mother...will keep all of you in my prayers!

I'm headed to the dr today, had a minor spill the other day that didn't seem like much of anything at the time but have been dealing with back spasms x 2 days now : ( hoping it's just pulled muscles and not the disc!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:59 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Petra -

The Gowear Fit is like the BodyBugg. It calculates your calorie burn. It has an accelerometer, which is similar to how the Wiimote works, so it tracks all of your movement but it also uses sensors to read your temperature and sweat and a couple of other things so it can calculate how much energy your body is using, not just the movement.

It ABSOLUTELY has to be used in conjunction with eating right. But I was doing well on that aspect. So for me, the big thing about the GWF is that it is motivating me to move more and make sure my calorie burn is on target based on how much I eat. As I suspected, my burn rate isn't that high, which is why I was "only" losing 5 lbs a month even though I was on plan with food. I say only because I know that is not terrible, but for someone who was in the 230s, and consistently averaging ~1400 calories a day, it's pretty slow. The GWF proved to me that my burn wasn't that high, lower than I might have expected from online calculators that were based solely on my height, weight and age. I'm not saying this as an excuse, like "Oh, I have a slow metabolism and I can't lose weight." I'm saying that GWF is a tool to kick my butt into gear and make me focus much more consciously on getting more movement throughout the day, in addition to intentional activity of exercising (plus making me increase that too!).

You sound like you are pretty active already, so I can see where more activity isn't going to make a dramatic difference for you. But my job is pretty much 100% sedentary so forcing myself to get up and walk for a few minutes every couple of hours is a small step, but makes a lot more difference for me than it might for someone else. And I'd much rather try to get a couple of hundred extra calories through activity than to try to cut back what I eat by that amount. I needed to see this all quantified though, to really motivate me.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote