Old 02-12-2010, 09:21 PM   #91  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Just a quick post to paste a PM I had from Marie. I'll catch up tomorrow after DD's swim meet but thought you might like to hear how Marie is doing.

"Hi Carol, thanks for the wishes. I love the results of the neck and arm surgery. If I knew what I know now about the tummy tuck, I wouldn't choose to do it again. It's as painful as I had read. Can you tell our thread I'm doing well. I'm too out of it to respond to all the posts and I always feel guilty if I don't respond to everyone.
Marie"

I've been exercising everyday and my eating has been on track. Hoping for a loss tomorrow!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:03 PM   #92  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

OMW: thanks for passing on the message from Marie!

Petra: We're getting your snow here in Charleston....take it back!

I did pretty well sticking to my food plan for today, but didn't get on the elliptical during lunch and a supervisor drove me home after work in case the buses weren't running. I plan to go out for a walk shortly to take more snow pics, not sure it will still be here in th morning. Should make up for missing the other exercise : )
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:37 AM   #93  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Annie, I've used the WATP videos in the past and liked them...I was able to do them, keep up, etc. I think i've used the 1 and 2 mile ones...was years ago.

will do updates later
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:16 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Heidi-is that your sister from Foley? Has she lost her mind! Visiting Pittsburgh in the middle of February Enjoy your visit.

WLW-I'm sure your snow won't last.

OMW-thanks for posting the update from Marie

I think I am going to go to pilates today and they are having a restorative yoga workship this afternoon-should be relaxing. Lots of stretching and meditation-usually does not involve sweating. Just what I need! I will see if there is still room-there usually is.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:18 AM   #95  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

OMW - Thanks for the update.

Heidi - Enjoy your visit.

Just wanted to wish everyone a good weekend. Mack and I are cleaning the garage today and will hike tomorrow.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:13 AM   #96  
kathi

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I hiked at least a mile in the snow last night taking pics and just enjoying the hushed stillness....though there were a few families out building snowmen and having snowball fights! Being lazy this morning and going in an hour late. The sun is out so the snow should be gone pretty quickly. I thought I was prepared for a rough winter by getting long johns, wish I had my old moon boots! And I can't drag a rolling book bag through the snow so I could use a sled : )

Cruise: great to have you back!
Old 02-13-2010, 05:20 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

OnMyWay, thanks for the update on Marie. I'm sorry she is having so much pain from the tummy surgery. Having an okay day here. Except for the snack I had at the movies, I am doing pretty good. It's hard trying to get all of my water in on Saturdays. I don't like to be running around and have to pee in public restrooms.

Bought a Walk Away The Pounds DVD and some 2# weights.

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 02-13-2010 at 05:21 PM.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:41 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Hi, I just signed up, and I'm really looking forward to spending some time at this at this forum.

I just got back from a business trip where I succumbed to the twin dangers of sugar and large portions. First order of business is getting off sugar and scaling down my daily calories.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:09 PM   #99  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

thx for the update from Marie -- hugs to you Marie!!!
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:53 PM   #100  
kathi

welcome KittehMomma!
Old 02-13-2010, 09:04 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Welcome to the board, KittehMomma! I love your name.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:59 PM   #102  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Good evening everyone! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Spent my morning poolside at DD's swim meet. Worked as a timer so was on my feet from 8 - 12:30. Am counting that as my exercise for today! The last couple of days have been pretty good for me. I'm making it a priority to get some sort of exercise. More snow in our forecast for tomorrow. Heard on the news that all states have snow except Hawaii! What's with that?

WLW, sorry to hear about things with your son. Hang in there, sounds like you are doing the right thing.

Annie, have you tried some sort of water exercise? Might be easier on those joints! I've done WATP. Easy to pop in and do at home.

Cruise, Love your new avatar! How's the bathroom coming along?

Petra, Sorry things are not working out with the boyfriend. You deserve to have someone who is caring and nurturing. Congrats on the loss!

Lambchop, Not another injury! Take it easy! How much longer til your half marathon?

Newleaf, Enjoy your visit with your sister! I'm jealous. my sister was supposed to come here the end of January but had to change plans at the last minute. Keep up the good work staying away from the hearts!

LoriAnn, It's very rewarding to get rid of clothes that are too big! You are off to a great start!

KittehMomma, Welcome to our group!

Marie, Thinking of you!

Hope I got everyone!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:36 PM   #103  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Hey, I just read on-line that they have changed the candy hearts RECIPE in addition to the packaging. According to NPR, they are brighter colors and bolder flavors. Meh, now I don't even feel like I would *want* to have one, given the opportunity. Goodbye to a thing of my past, sob, sob!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:36 PM   #104  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

And, GET WELL SOON, Marie!! Looking forward to seeing you again... Thinking of yoU!!!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:58 AM   #105  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Welcome to the group KittehMomma.

Carol - The actual remodel won't start for another week or so. I was just getting EVERYTHING out of the bedroom & bath so that when all the supplies arrived the contractor could get to work.

Kathi - I was thinking about you yesterday.... my step son showed up on our doorstep yesterday at 7:30am. We had not heard from him in over a year; no call just showed up. We've been here too many times before not to proceed with caution. We would like to believe that things are as good as he says but according to his girl friends MySpace he continues to cycle. When dealing with him we have to remember that we're not dealing with an individual but an illness, he's not a "bad" person but a sick person. This is the only way we can protect ourselves emotionally, financially, and physically; it truly is one of the hardest things to do.

Mack and I are headed down the hill to hike Box Springs. Hope everyone has a GREAT day.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote