3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   Wii Fit obsessed! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/191212-wii-fit-obsessed.html)

Wiiki 02-03-2010 09:03 AM

Tiara...:D...Nothing like a little competition to keep you motivated!

So, last night the little twerp did it again! I told him to try to beat my bubble score HONESTLY. And he did try, and try, and try...finally he just gave up and said, "My balance just isn't that good on my feet." Well...DUH...isn't that kind of the whole point of the balanace games!?! So, down he went on his knees with his hands on the floor and got a ridiculously high score on the bubble thing. He did the same thing on the ski slalom, and I think the score is impossible to beat now (but, he did it under MY Mii, so now I am the Champion for evermore!! LOL!).

petra65 02-03-2010 09:26 AM

LOL. I live by myself so we don't have these issues at my house. I have to say it wouldn't occur to me to cheat but then again I'm doing this to better myself, not just to get a particular score, and that would defeat the whole purpose.

Wiiki 02-03-2010 10:31 AM

Petra65, you are so right! But, teenage boys are so different. My DS is 16, and for him, everything is a competition--I mean everything! I grew up with two sisters, so this is totally strange to me. Boys are weird.:p

TIARA 02-03-2010 04:26 PM

yes boys are .... my brother is totally the champ at the skatboarding but i kicked his but at the hula hoops .. i must say it was worth seeing him swing his hips so funny to see a boy doing it..lol lets just say he gladly gives me the title for the hula hoops .... Boyz .....

PeanutsMom704 02-03-2010 04:30 PM

even my 5 year old boy figured out how to cheat the Wii! lol! (he was running and realized it would register if he just pushed the button instead). He's underweight and overactive so I'm not worried about him being a couch potato or anything, but just funny how their minds think, even at 5!

The funny thing is that he loves to watch me use the Wii Fit - he'll turn it on, and then tell me to play. So he's a great inspiration for me, although he hates when I do the Step program, I think he doesn't like the music! lol! He always wants me to do what he calls the woosh - the obstacle course. Good thing his favorite is a good workout for me!! and he likes watching me box, too.

fluffyone 02-03-2010 06:40 PM

I have a friend that is addicted to hers. I asked for it for Christmas but my daughter thought it was goin to be something I'd do for a few months and then stop......but I hear it is a great way to get fit!

PeanutsMom704 02-04-2010 10:23 AM

I did the free run program last night while watching Biggest Loser (taped from the night before). It says I did 3.25 miles in 30 minutes - not sure if I would have really walked that far if I was doing it for real, but it was still a great workout, and I feel really good today!

TIARA 02-04-2010 01:45 PM

i think the miles are wrong because when i do the free run it tells me i walked /jogged for 5 miles...that doesnt seem right...

ingrid55 02-04-2010 09:01 PM

boys are weird indeed i have four of them....everything is a competition

PeanutsMom704 02-05-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ingrid55 (Post 3136137)
boys are weird indeed i have four of them....everything is a competition

I just have one but he still manages to turn everything into a competition with me - even stuff like getting dressed in the mornings! lol!

petra65 02-06-2010 02:34 PM

I may be telling you all things you already know but I went into Big Lots today. Actually my first time in this store (I know, I live a deprived life). Anyway, they have all kinds of really cool Wii accessories including a platform for your balance board for all of you guys who are into the step aerobics and want to make it more challenging. They also have oars for the Resort Sports kyaking game. That looked cool to me but I didn't get it. I got a rechargeable battery pack for my balance board-yeah, I was being practical but you may want to go check it out sometime. Some really neat ideas and I've not seen that stuff anywhere else including Walmart.

ingrid55 02-06-2010 08:46 PM

Do they sell the Wii system also, or just the accessories. I am thinking of getting the system just haven't got around to it yet...

petra65 02-06-2010 09:28 PM

I don't think they sell the system.

susieyarb 02-07-2010 06:20 PM

I never realized my piggy bank could change colors! Are you all using the regular wii fit or the new wii fit plus?

If I upgrad to wii fit plus, does it take my info over to the new one and then I don't use the old one anymore??

Heidi58 02-07-2010 06:32 PM

My "wii fit age" was 41 this morning, so can I join your discussion? :D
(I've been reading and enjoying this thread since it started. lol)

Susie, I was reading the booklet that came with mine this afternoon and it says that wii fit plus will access your stored data and get all your previous stats, tests, etc.