Old 10-20-2009, 12:54 PM   #16  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Today is laundry. And I put April's beds out to air while washing the covers. Since its finally sunshiny I can't put this off anymore!

I expected to be VERY sore this morning from the Pilates, I discovered that if I sat for a while I got stiff and my legs didn't want to work, but if I kept getting up that helped keep my limber. Hubby and I went groc shopping. At a friend's suggestion we went to Aldi's. This store is much closer than our usual Walmart and didn't take nearly as long and saved us on gas. We tried a few of the products {differnt brands} when we got home and what we tried were fine. We saved a little {very little in some cases} over Walmart but the convience might be worth it. They have dairy, produce, and meat/frozen foods that they didn't have when they first opened several years ago.

Marie, I'm sorry you had such a icky Tuesday! Especially the ripped nail! Shame on Sasha for not being repentant! I appreciate the thought on the Pilates machine! I feel comelled to tell people the truth also!

DMC, congrats on the 138!

ICU, When I first tried Pilates all there was was matwork {lay on your back and work your abs!} but now there are full body workouts that include all sorts of things. Rings, stab balls, bands, I find the gadgets makei it more fun!

Lambchop, Welcome~glad to have you with us!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:53 PM   #17  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

dmc - well done! It's great the way a favorable number reinvigorates you - it's like the way just one gorgeous golf shot in 18 holes will keep you coming back for more. That's a heck of a big drop for somebody so close to goal! Way to go!

marie - So you said "eek!" when you ripped your toenail? You are much, much more civilized than I - I would have screamed . My toasted toenail from JULY decided to detach on one side last night ... looks like I'm going to be taping it down til it decides to let go. Otherwise, I will be right where you are - bloody and ouchy! I hope you can repair it well enough to keep going. How does one get blood out of a boot?

patch - I'm going to have to try it with toys. Either that, or I need a yoga program. I bulk up with muscle so fast that if I don't stretch, I'll unbalance myself and end up with an injury.

Cindy - you two are very, very lucky to have found each other. It sounds like a powerful partnership!

Wish I didn't have to swim right before bedtime. It's awful for sleeping! Anybody else have to work out late, and find a way to overcome it?
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:28 PM   #18  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

I just ran over to the doctors - did a weigh in, got a B12 shot, and picked up more of my stuff for my program

It's a gorgeous day here in NJ, and it's nice to see the sunshine again!

Penguin - glad you weren't VERY sore - though sometimes it would take 2 days for soreness to kick in when i worked out regularly -- hope tomorrow is pain free too!

ICU - I don't work out late - I don't have an answer for you -- sorry.

DMC - yes, they are ipod applications -- WTG on the 138!!!

Cruise - do you find FitDay has helped you keep track of things? I'm good at "starting" recording things, then I slack. I just started on Spark to see if i can start a habit of keeping track also.

Marie - I'm very visual, so i like track weight because it appeals to that. It lets me see my weight, body fat, etc...then compares them for me.

How many dogs do you have? I've got 3, but it sounds like you may have 4?? Going from 2 to 3 went from 2 normal dogs to "pack" mentality! LOL
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #19  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Hey everyone! Hope you are having a great day! It's a beautiful day here in Missouri. Sunny with warmer temps! Yeah!

DH and I had a nice dinner out last night. I did not make the best choices but I did not stuff myself either. I have learned that I do not need to eat everything on my plate. We also split dessert. It was a very nice evening!

Lambchop, Where in NJ are you? I was born in Rockaway and then lived in Bridgewater when I was in HS.

ICU, no suggestions from me about exercising late. Sometimes we just have to do what we have to do. Your breakfast made me cringe!

Marie, Ouch! Glad you are heading to the dermatologist. Hope your spot turns out to be nothing.

Cruise, My DH has also been on a mission to lose some weight. Makes mealtimes much easier since he's making better choices.

DMC, 138 is terrific! Just the incentive you need to stick with it!

Tracy, don't give up. Many if us will agree that the scale is not always the only indicator of success.

Patch, Your Pilates workout sounds great. Keep up the hard work!

Hi to anyone I might have missed!

DD has a soccer make up game tonight. I'll have to DVR Biggest Loser to watch later.
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:51 PM   #20  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I spent about 40 min on the treadmill today. Mostly steady state but I threw in a few 1 min intervals when the show I was watching got boring or I commerical came on. I wore my new Champion sale bra. I finally settled on the Seamless Fullsupport Underwire, much more comfortable that the Action shape I had been wearing.

ICU, I occasionally workout late but it doesn't seem to bother me that much, either that or I'm so used to not being able to fall asleep that I don't notice!

Lambchop, I'm one of those people that mostly gets sore later. While on the TM I could tell I had worked my muscles good yesterday. Hopefully, the walking will loosen my legs up. what kinds of workouts did you used to do?
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:50 PM   #21  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Hydra: congratulations on meeting the Halloween goal!

ICUWishing: yay for the size 8 jeans!

GivTLC: that's so cool that your teenage son wants to work out with you!

Onmyway: so glad you had a nice anniversary!

Marie: sending you strong immune system energies. Ouch on the toenail incident.

patchworkpenguin: thanks for reporting your Pilates experiences -- that's next on my list for a new exercise to try.

lambchop: welcome! and congrats on 10 pounds gone!

dmc2009: yay for the loss!

We had a lovely day today and another on tap for tomorrow before more rain and cold. I intend to get in a nice long walk and/or some gardening.
gardenerjoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:14 PM   #22  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi all! Everyone seems to be doing so well : ) Welcome to all our newcomers! I didn't sleep last night so I'm struggling to stay awake until the end of biggest loser...fell asleep on the couch for about an hour beforehand. So glad it's my friday! I got this great sounding recipe by email today and wanted to share it, hoping I'll get a chance to try it once I go food shopping.

GRILLED PORK TENDERLOIN WITH MUSTARD,
ROSEMARY, AND APPLE MARINADE

Yield: 6 servings
Source: "The Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook"
Info: http://diabeticgourmet.com/book_arch...tails/87.shtml

INGREDIENTS

- 1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary or thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
- 2 (12 ounce) pork tenderloins, trimmed of fat
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons port or brewed black tea
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

Whisk apple juice concentrate, 2 tablespoons mustard,
1 tablespoon oil, rosemary (or thyme), garlic and peppercorns
in a small bowl. Reserve 3 tablespoons marinade for basting.

Place tenderloins in a shallow glass dish and pour the
remaining marinade over them, turning to coat. Cover and
marinate in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes or
for up to 2 hours, turning several times.

Heat a grill or broiler.

Combine shallot, port (or tea), vinegar, salt, pepper
and the remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons mustard and 1 tablespoon
oil in a small bowl or a jar with a tight-fitting lid;
whisk or shake until blended. Set aside.

Grill or broil the tenderloins, turning several times and
basting the browned side with the reserved marinade, until
just cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. (An instant-read
thermometer inserted in the center should register 155 degrees F.
The temperature will increase to 160 degrees F. during resting.)

Transfer the tenderloins to a clean cutting board, tent with
foil and let them rest for about 5 minutes before carving them
into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Arrange the pork slices on plates
and drizzle with the shallot dressing. Serve immediately.

Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe):
Calories: 214, Fat: 9 g, Cholesterol: 63 mg, Carbohydrate: 8 g,
Protein: 23 g, Fiber: 0 g, Sodium: 229 mg
Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 3 Lean Meat
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:12 PM   #23  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

onmyway - sounds like you and hubby had a nice anniversary.

gardenerjoy - thanks, I was thrilled to meet my Halloween goal early.

weightlosswanted - that pork recipe sounds good.

I had a blah day today. My son and his girlfriend are having relationship issues. It is hard to stay out of things but I am doing my best. Work was busy today and then I had several employees call tonight for one thing or another. I think I need a little vacation. I am going to talk to my boss and see if I can get a 3 day weekend soon.
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:53 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 234/232.5/165

Height: 5'-5"

Default Weight down 1.5!

Poop - wrote a whole post and it just disappeared!

Anyway, thanks for the inspiration - your comments sure help!

I'm down so that's great - what a difference a day makes!

Have a great Wed.

Tracy
TracyLewWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:14 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post
Wish I didn't have to swim right before bedtime. It's awful for sleeping! Anybody else have to work out late, and find a way to overcome it?
I used to swim late at night. Preparing dinner, checking the kids homework, bringing the kids to and from camogie/hurling/gaelic football/boxing etc all ate up the time.

A few months back I was able to change my schedule. My son's school bus collects him literally at the front gate (how lucky is that?) and my daughter started cycling to her school and my husband suggested that I get up earlier and swim in the morning before work. After all, he'd be around to make sure the kids got off to school OK.

So that's what I do. I'm in the pool for 7 am and swim for half an hour. I then have my breakfast at work. If time allows in the evening (as it did last night) I go for a walk or a cycle.

Now that I'm in WW and following the programme I should actually start to see the exercise reap benefits.

I inflated my new swiss ball last night and spent half an hour rolling around on it getting used to it and trying out some of the moves. I thought I was doing really well until I glanced up and saw one of my cats looking aghast at me with an expression that said "for crying out loud woman....what are you doing?" and then I had to stop because I was laughing too much.
Roisin Dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:22 AM   #26  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

WOW.... it's a little after 5am and I've already been up for 3 hours. I may be an early riser but this is ridiculous. I woke a little before 2 and couldn't go back to sleep so I got up and went outside to watch the Orionid meteor shower. Not the best but a decent showing. This AM was peak but they should be around tomorrow also: http://spaceweather.com/

Sandra - XXX on the swiss ball, I about broke my neck on one of those.

Tracy - I still have not learned to type my post in Word and then paste, I've lost more than a few.

Hyrda - Been there done that.... but I have to admit most of the time I have to side with my DIL. I did warn her before they were married how he was and often have to remind her he is the SAME person she fell in love with.

LC - I love using FitDay and have for years; even when "off". There is no way I can deny how I became obese.

Mack and I did the 5 mile loop again and it only took 1 hour 25 minutes (cut 10 minutes off Monday's time). I can't say enough good things about my DH; Mack wasn't my first or only love but he most definitely is my deepest. If you believe in soulmates Mack is mine.

Last edited by CruiseCAT; 10-21-2009 at 08:26 AM.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:23 AM   #27  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

hmmmm..... I wonder if walking just a few hours before bed has anything to do with me getting up so early???
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:39 AM   #28  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Just a quick check in before heading to work. I've packed a very good lunch. We are supposed to have warm temps again today then ugliness the rest of the week. I'm planning to walk after school.

Cruise, getting up that early is just not right!

Tracy, congrats on the loss!

Sandra, Welcome!

Hydra, Staying out of it is hard but it is the best thing!

WLW, thanks for the recipe! It looks great!

Gardener, enjoy the nice day today!

Gotta go or I'll be late!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:48 AM   #29  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Lambchop, Where in NJ are you? I was born in Rockaway and then lived in Bridgewater when I was in HS.
I'm, in High Bridge (Hunterdon County), about 20 mins from Bridgewater's Mall
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:56 AM   #30  
Real Me in here Somewhere

S/C/G: 194.8/155/132?

Height: 5'1"

Morning Ladies!

OoOo it's gonna be another beautiful day here *does happy dance* I love love love the sun, and after the crappy weekend we had...it's certainly a nice change.
When I posted yesterday in last weeks chat...I wondered if there was gonna be one for the 3rd and viola! I wasn't sure about starting a new one since I'm so new here.
Yesterday was a good day for me...I did the 1 mile walk inside with my son(although he made smart remarks during the entire thing lol) and then I went for my normal 2 mile walk outside with hubbie...I was sweating, but it felt good! I'm staying OP with my food, but feeling the need to add more veggies (I'll be working on that)
I went and got my hair colored last night to 1 shade lighter then my natural color(which is black) she also added some slight purple tint to it...OMG I'm loving it! It kinda looks like I'm wearing a wig for Halloween LoL I just have to get used to it

Wow, sorry for the long post...I'm feeling all hyperish this morning lol
Here's hoping you all have an awesome day!!!

Huggies,
Giv
GivTLC is offline   Reply With Quote