Old 10-13-2009, 03:39 PM   #16  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Patch, Sorry for the lost post! I'm sure it has happened to each of us at one time or another. You'll figure out what you really want and I'm guessing when you do there will be no stopping you!

Marie, Sasha is a beautiful addition to your pack! I can't imagine walking 4 dogs at once!

Gardenerjoy, Pesto sounds great. I have a huge amount of basil and I'm thinking I need to try making pesto. It is definitely fall!

Cruise, LOL 4:45 is NOT getting up early! How many days til Mack returns?

ICU, Hope your Mom is doing better. Glad to hear they have ruled out COPD.

DMC, slow and steady is the name of the game. Unless you WANT to eat diet bars for the rest of your life. Those that lose quickly on fads usually gain it all back and then some.

Lessthanzero, Welcome! Hope you find lots of support and encouragement here.

Newleaf, Sorry to hear your DS is sick. Hope it's not H1N1 and that he feels better soon!

Took a day off today. Went car shopping with DS20. Found and bought a used car. Very nice, low miles, loaded. Was not really planning to buy a car today but felt it was a great deal. I'm still waiting on my biopsy results and expect to hear in another day or 2. Waiting is hard. Hope everyone has a good day!

Last edited by Onmyway; 10-13-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:42 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 191/183/165

Height: 5'10

Marie.... I think youve inspired me for the doggie walks, thats a good idea. !
Its like a building has to fall on me or something for inspiration!
Duh!
I had a good day yesterday, I stayed on plan, at the end of the day ( as I am combining Medifast and WW..) had 4 medimeals and a good recipie for cabbbage soup so, that worked and I had 8 points left over so I dug into some fresh dates with a few pecans as a treat.
So far so good.
I need to drink more water...
I have a Wii fit here at home. I think ill give that a go. It was discouraging once I got it, my son used it more than I did!

Now its sitting.... Grrr I am sure my fiance isnt thrilled about that...

I do love it though.
Frustrating, the phone rings, son needs help, dog jumps all over me and its in the living room and i dont really want to do it in the living room you know. But I cant move the entire Wii into the bedroom so I need to use it the weeks that My son is at his dads and fiance is gone.
I guess its all really excuses but to ME it matters.

I am excited to weigh in next week. I just want to feel better about myself, I guess I am feeling sort of reclusive lately because of the extra weight.
Does anyone ever feel like that.

So much of my life has been dictated because of my weight.
Ive literally QUIT JOBS because ive gained and felt like people "talked"

Insane yes I know. I don't think I have ever admitted that to anyone.
But in hindsight its all true.

Another day another challenge...
How is everyone elses day going?
lessthanzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:44 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 191/183/165

Height: 5'10

Onmyway: waiting DOES suck, I hope all turns out ok

Group: I am trying to catch up on everyone and i am sending support to one and all and hope to get to know you all! I am reading through the posts and everyone is so great!!

(((((((((hugs to all)))))))))))))
lessthanzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:03 PM   #19  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Thanks Ladies!

These threads do get long!

OnMyWay, my positive thoughts that your biopsy is negative! I missed what is going on with you, but that is enough information alone to know that I need to send you warm thoughts!

Marie, 4 doggies, wow, and I thought I had enough with 2 cats, a G. Pig and a fish named Sushi! ;-)

Doing pretty good, need to stop eating at night, but last night had some pb with preztels, not horrible, but not the greatest either.

Walking every day, and even today someone noticed my loss! Its starting to show.

Well, better get back to it.

Good luck and Will Power to all!
dmc
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:13 PM   #20  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I got the treadmill out for a steady state walk. I watched Cathe's Butts and Guts while I walked, for some inspiritation, and I was thinking of doing the DVD next week. The DVD made my workout 1:13min which again was longer than I thought I'd ment to do, then I joined Cathe and Co for the stretch. 7,500 steps at about 3MPH, which come to think of it is about what my distance said, I think?

LTZ, If Hubby and I plan to workout together that's fine, but have him walk in on a workout and I get freaked out!

Told to me by my friend's 16 yr old son. Your snack made me think of it.
Q: Why did the banana take the prune to the prom?

A: Because he couldn't find a date!

I think we've all done things that we normally wouldn't do based on our weight.

OMW, Sounds like you two found a nice car.

DMC, LOL, on the fish named Sushi!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #21  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

OMY - Mack comes home on Friday; I'm not looking forward to the drive to LAX but very excited about him coming home. I'll need to work on getting back on my regular schedule of getting up at 3am and not sleeping in until almost 5:00.

I hear ya on the waiting; my biopsy is scheduled for the 27th and just waiting for that day to arrive is no fun. Then like you I'll have to wait again for the results.

The rain has yet to fall here; not sure it will actually make it here to the desert. I did get my workout in and now I am debating on getting my running around done or starting on the kitchen. Guess I should do my running around so I don't have to go out in the rain, IF it comes.

LTZ - I can relate to being reclusive. One of my first post here on 3FC I talked about that. I'm happy to say that I am not that same person.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:59 PM   #22  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Hi, everyone!

Cindy, yay for Mack coming home! Having been to LAX once - I can appreciate the lack of enthusiasm for that part!

patch - well done on getting the treadmill out! Mine's still in its corner ... but I did get in the pool finally. Nice joke - I don't know too many clean ones that I can share - too many years in the assembly plant, methinks!

dmc - excellent on the walking! You'll get to goal - it just takes more time than it used to.

LTZ - sometimes it takes a while to find the groove! I've figured out what works for my eating, but me and exercise still don't get along too well.

OMW- Wishing you patience and lack of worry! It's a very good thing you took care of it while it was still a question ... the worst would be thinking it was all good until it fit the description of known trouble. Hugs!

Marie - oh gosh, it sounds like you've got your hands full with the 16 legged-puppypack. They are so lucky to have you. And glad to hear you were motivated to make your own call.

gardener - I love pesto too - yum! Really, can anything with pine nuts and olive oil be bad?

Mom's going home tomorrow. I spent a couple hours with her today and while she's still short of breath, she's much better. She's dealing with a bit of pleurisy, which is fluid between the lung and the membrane that surrounds it, but they believe it will be OK soon. Apparently, they do call a whole bunch of respiratory-type illnesses "COPD" - it's a pretty broad brush. Really appreciate your good wishes and sympathies - thank you, everyone!

Positive day for me - weighed in at goal today! Put on clothes after the shower, weighed again - and was at 152. Off to doctor - got on their scale with the same clothes, and ... 149.5! My scale is heavy! Thyroid is doing well; he added a low-dose of iodine and boosted my Vit D up to 6000 units til my next check in Jan.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:01 PM   #23  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

ICU - Way to go! You've hit goal. Time to shop for that new Ipod! Even better to think the DR.s scale is lower than yours! That rarely happens! Congrats!
Glad to hear your mom is doing better.

Cruise, 5:00 is not sleeping in! I so wish I was more of a morning person!

Patch, 1:13 on the treadmill is quite a walk. Way to go!

DMC, thanks for the kind thoughts. Congrats on someone noticing, I find that very motivating to keep going!

Lessthanzero, I got out the Wii fit today. Said it's been 129 days since my last workout! I was walking and swimming this summer but I'm planning to start using the Wii again. It's very convenient.

Dr. called this evening. My biopsy was positive for basal cell carcinoma as he suspected. I will call tomorrow to schedule removal. It's a spot on my neck about the size of a dime. I joked with DH tonight that maybe when he goes to stitch me up he can pull things extra tight to help with some of my loose skin on my neck! DH didn't think that was very funny. He thinks I'm way too critical about the way I look.

Dusted off the Wii today and also rode the bike. Was home most of the day and avoided snacking. I'm getting back in the game!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:21 AM   #24  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

OMW, I'm so sorry to hear that your test was positve. But at very least the waiting is over and you know. and can proceed with treatment. Is there going to be anything besides removal? I thought your joke was funny, when I was having my cateract surgery I was awake for part of it, and I asked the dr if he could do anything about the HUGE floater in my right eye? I got the impression not many patients on the table ask for requests
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:08 AM   #25  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

OMW - Now you have information to work with - a good thing! Get it scheduled, get 'er done, and move on past! I'm so glad you caught it when you did, and I'm sure you'll have a quick recovery with all the good things you've been doing for yourself on the weightloss journey. Will be thinking positive thoughts for YOU!

Yup, it's officially iPod time. I dropped another .5 pound - just enough to change that pesky "5". Slow 'n' steady. I'm not going to change anything for a while - I like the way I'm eating and I don't even want more. So we'll see where it takes me - the journey continues! Much credit to the 3FC community ... I have no doubts that I would not have put up with 10 months of lifestyle modifications without you chickies!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:46 AM   #26  
Learner

S/C/G: 201/183/155

Height: 5' 5"

onmyway - best wishes. My father's had issues with carcinomas for many years. He just stays vigilant with the dermatologist and all is well.

ICU - congratulations!!!!

Marie - best wishes with the dogs. It sounds like you're doing all the right things.

Cruise - enjoy your last sleep in!

patchwork - great workout! You didn't even know it was so long. I think that speaks to your improved conditioning.

It's my second week at my new job and my cold is gone. This morning I was at the gym at 5:30AM for my workout and I really enjoyed it. I felt proud that I made a goal to be there and I actually did it. Last week, I had a really bad IBS attack - the worst ever. It was at 2:30AM and the pain was really bad. Now I know that dairy and wheat are having a really bad effect on my body. I hadn't had any in a long time and gave in to my cravings. Yikes. I won't be doing that again any time soon. Time to go to work.
presmaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:34 AM   #27  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Maggie - Glad the cold is gone and WTG on getting to the gym for an early morning workout. I know I feel so much better when I work out first thing in the morning; it's a GREAT way to start the day.

Sorry to hear about the attack. I'm happy to say that since I stopped coffee and started taking the Align I have been almost normal. I'll share more in the "probiotics" thread I started later today or tomorrow.

OMW - You know we are all here for you if there is anything we can do just let us know; my specialty is research.

Funny.... I asked my doc when he removed my gall bladder if he could "pull my stitches REALLY tight"?

WOO HOO Becky..... I love my little 3rd Gen. iPod Nano. I use the cheap arm bands from China I get on e-Bay for $1 shipped. Takes about two weeks to get them but they are great. Mack goes thru one about every 2-3 months because of how much he sweats; mine last about 6-8 months.

Well I had a feel good moment this morning I took my measurements and although the scales aren't moving I am losing inches. I was feeling so good I decided to try on some clothes in my closet that are what I consider my "goal" clothes (mostly size 8). Except for the fact that I couldn't button them.... LOL..... they looked HOT!!! I'm thinking 10-15 lbs. and they will fit perfect.

Well today I am off to DMV my least favorite place to go. And all because of THEIR mess up. I might even stop at the outlet stores on my way back, why not they are RIGHT there. I HATE shopping but I'm feeling real good and I do need a few tops. Then it's to the bank, library, and grocery store.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:35 PM   #28  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Penguin, sorry about your post. That stinks when that happens. I only write mine in word and autosave it because I’d lost so many posts when my wrist was broken. Now I just find it easier. Make both browser and word windows half the screen and type away. Also, I clearly remember telling my DH about 2 years ago that I would never lose the weight and I just had to accept it. It was soon after gaining 25 pounds back after losing ~40 pounds. I’d given up. Then August 2008, I tried again. The only difference was making a promise to myself that I would log my foods the rest of my life. No matter what I ate, it had to be logged. That promise is difficult to keep when the munchies inhabit my body but logging for the rest of my life is how I’m going to make sure I won’t gain it back. It seems like a small change in my way to LOSE but it’s a humungous change in my way to know it will never come back. I have accepted I can’t eat for fun, that others can chow around me and I’ll feel deprived. That acceptance isn’t all peachy but it will sustain my health. I don’t know if that will help you in your seeking answers, but I hope you find what you need because I want you to be the ‘fit, happy energetic person’ because that high that comes with that is so much longer sustaining than food indulgence.

OMW, I’m sorry the doctor’s suspicions were right. I’d ask for the skin tightening as well. DH might be right about being self critical but they haven’t walked in our shoes as a fat person.

LTZ, dog walks are the best way to incorporate exercise back into your life. When your son isn’t at his dad’s he can join you as well as your fiancé. The doggie need a walk. Take him. Also when I read your post about quitting jobs because people “talked”. I think we all know how you feel, like a fish out of water because of weight. I remember thinking that and realized that I can’t remember what any of my co-workers wear or couldn’t really tell if they were gaining weight or whatever (I’m not observant) and the “DUH” hit me – if I didn’t pay attention, I bet no one else was either. It was a very freeing realization.

DMC, since the night eating is your downfall, start planning for those calories through the day. Leave room for them and then you’ll lose the guilt over having them.

Cruise, I am jealous that Mack comes home soon. DH will be gone at least another 3-4 weeks. And shame on you for sleeping in till 5:00. Whatever were you thinking??? Get up lazy bum, that 3:00 alarm has rung, no hitting snooze…

ICU (and joy) add me to the pesto parade. One pot of my basil is dying and the other is ok. I’m going to order seeds today. I need more. I love pesto. OMW’s tomato and mozz salad with pesto and pesto pizza. BTW, I took the olive oil out of my recipe and just do a short spray of olive oil pam and the taste is the same and way less calories. I am glad your mom is improving.

AN D CONGRATS ICU – your goal attained is reason for a big long happy dance! And the dance will be so much easier with your lighter feet and a new IPOD!!!

Presmaggie, I’m glad the job and your health are progressing nicely. And a 5:30 workout at the gum??? Welcome to the morning exercising club. It’s a great way to start the day.

A doggie update… Yesterday Liz was a little late so I took the 4 dogs out by myself and they were good. When Liz arrived, she worked with Sasha a bit, then with Kodiak whose nose is a little tweaked from the pack’s newest member. Today she was scheduled elsewhere so I did the walk on my own. My 4 huskies walked perfectly. All four of them!!! It was the BEST walk I’ve ever taken my dogs on by myself. Ever. Sasha was introduced to the beauty of walking by headlamp. Her tail wagged high so I think she likes that routine. I’m not as fond of evening walks as there’s traffic. Early morning is peaceful.

Last edited by Marie; 10-14-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:51 PM   #29  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Hi, everyone.

OnMyWay - I'm sorry to read about your diagnosis... Hopefully they will get you scheduled quick and you can be done... I remember when I had that diagnosis, I was very upset by it... the surgery was pretty quick and now (8 years later) you really can't see a scar. Are they doing Mohs surgery (where they test samples while they are performing the surgery right then)? That's what I had, and I found it to be very reassuring.

ICUWishing - GOAL -- woo hoo!!!! Congratulations!! You have worked so hard for this... woo hoo!!

CruiseCAT - I bet it will be nice to have Mack home soon...

Here, my son did test positive for H1N1, but the worst seems to be behind him, thankfully. He is very excited about getting to stay home from school for the rest of the week...
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:14 PM   #30  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Marie: glad things are proceeding well with Sasha

patchworkpenguin: it is kind of an amazing thought, isn't it? That thin people don't turn to food for stress. I suppose people who rely on alchohol have the same thoughts about those of us who don't.

Onmyway: cool that you and DS20 found a car for him. Sorry the biopsy was positive but glad you have a plan for it -- and a sense of humor! Sending healing thoughts!

lessthanzero: Good job with staying on plan. I know what you mean about the Wii Fit and the living room. I don't have one and that's the major reason. I know it wouldn't live up to its potential because I'd feel uncomfortable using it in the living room. Since that's our only TV, it's the only option.

dmc2009: A fish named Sushi is funny! Cool that someone noticed your weight loss.

CruiseCAT: Warm thoughts in your direction, too, for the biopsy. Hope today's errands went well.

ICUWishing: I congratulated you on the challenge thread, but that deserves at least two congratulations!

presmaggie: yay for the cold being gone and kudos for the morning workout!

newleaf123: hope DS gets well quickly!

I went to my 10 pound reward movie -- Whip It, Drew Barrymore's directorial debut. It was fun and charming.

Last edited by gardenerjoy; 10-14-2009 at 06:54 PM.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote