Old 10-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #31  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

marie - thanks for the photo idea. I need to do that anyway. I still cannot find the picture that started this whole thing ... but I did find one that was almost as bad. I do need to get something current to compare it to.

gardenerjoy - I "lurk" over on Maintainers, but started posting again. I also signed on with the Featherweights - there are several ladies over there with the exact same issue I'm wrestling with on the last couple of pounds.

patch - good grief! I think I gained weight just reading that description for the cake! Nice epiphany with eating being "fun". I totally agree - the eating part is fun. It's the aftermath that hasn't been too fun!

Coasting down to the end of the "wild times". DH left to go salmon fishing this morning, and DS and I will be hopping a plane to Raleigh NC tomorrow afternoon for the weekend. Today was supposed to be insane, but once I got to work, several of the meetings fell off the table and left some productive time. The crockpot is bubbling at home as I type, so dinner is covered. Now if I can just get to bed at a decent hour tonight, I should be golden. I'm leaving the laptop at home this weekend - going to devote undivided attention to DS10 and just plain enjoy being with him.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:02 PM   #32  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

gardenjoy - thanks lady. I have been staying on plan and upping my walking time. My next weigh in is on Sunday.

ICU - I will try and post pics of some of the jewelry I make:

I think it's great that you are almost at "goal" and you seem very comfortable and confident about your plans.

Thanks everyone for your encouragement through this plateau. Lost a half pound this past week. I will have time to get in a lot of exercise this weekend. I am still doing the callanetics but they wear me out after about 20 minutes. I will keep at them and increase my walking.
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:42 AM   #33  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Morning all! I didn't have to get up early today but my body/mind had other plans. So I got up, ate breakfast, and did CC1 again. Now I'm hungery again.

I have an eye dr appointment today. This is the guy who's supposed to fix my double vision, but I'm assuming this is going to take a few appointments to get right. Sigh.

Back to Chat later.

Great pics Hydra, thanks for posting! You're obviously much better at jewelry making than I am!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:26 AM   #34  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Penguin, I do have to agree. Eating is fun. The tastes, the smells, the textures. But ICU is so right – it’s the afterwards that isn’t. That’s where that balancing act has to come into play.

Hydra, your jewelry is beautiful. I love the earring in the bottom left corner. Congrats on the half pound. Sometimes it’s difficult to accept that the weight loss rate is so slow in our forties.

I did the elliptical today and upped the resistance one notch for a bit and my speed is back to where it was pre-smoke/pre-cold. My asthma readings are better, only down 15% now. So perhaps I will be able to full tilt elliptical someday soon again. At least I know I didn’t lose any progress while sick.

And it is Friday!!! How perfect is that. I love Fridays best of all days of the week. The anticipation of weekend makes this day special.

Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #35  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

The eye doc was very nice. He gave me a perscription for glasses with a prism, which I took to another eye doc to get filled. We pay for 'vision' benefits which apparently only puts $100 towards the frames. Why do we pay for this again? Are we even breaking even? I wanted frameless glasses and she showed me some and I picked out some lenses shaped like a barrel on its side. I'm not sure how much this will cost but she's making a mock-up of them to measure me for the bi-focals. Probably more than I'm expecting.

Marie, good job on the elliptical settings!

I ordered two more bras; one new to me while the other is a different size of one I ordered last. The online sizing chart wants me to add 5 inches to my band measurement then round it up to an even number. My chest is 37 + 5 = 42. What? The bra I ordered is a 38" {its too big} but when I measured it flat its actually 31" around. the new size is a 36. The one I like the best so far is the Shape Scoop-back Underwire

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 10-02-2009 at 03:30 PM.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:43 PM   #36  
Green Tomatoes

Marie: I think deer are the hardest problem to solve with plants. Our CSA farm is doing something with double fences that looks fairly clever. but probably not worth it if you aren't growing food to sell. Apparently, deer don't have depth perception, so instead of building a 12 foot high fence (which they still jump!) you can build two small fences about 18" apart. They can't tell how far away that inner fence is and the whole puzzle just kind of spooks them. So, they stay away.

patchworkpenguin: If my brother had been a girl, they would have named him Melody, so my mother could have a Joyous Melody.
Glad things are proceeding apace with the eye doctor. My most recent pair of glasses are my first pair of bifocals. I got the no-line kind at the suggestion of just about everyone and was astounded at the cost. I treat them very gently. They're frameless, which I like, but it does add to sensation that these are both expensive and delicate.

ICUwishing: hope you and DS10 have a wonderful weekend together!

Hydra: beautiful jewelery! Love the earrings with the stones encased in decorative wiring.

Today's big project was the last grocery shopping trip before I go out of town for a couple of day's next week. The shopping itself was no big deal, but the planning was huge. I want to minimize restaurant eating so I'm making stuff that I can pack to eat in my room. And, I'm making stuff to keep DH happy while I'm gone. And, our normal meals. My food planning is more to do list than menu.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:47 PM   #37  
Let's Get Going!!!

Quick drive by. Thursday is quiz day and I am cramming plus I am so busy. I am really thinking I might be down one pound as for the last 2 nights I have been good girl.
OMY I am going to go to trader joes tomorrow or tonight and find those. It would be perfect, even popcorn has more points than that.
Love the jewelry!
Okay, wish me luck on the test and on the scale!
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:56 AM   #38  
Let's Get Going!!!

Well, lets hope the scale is nicer to me then the test. Ugh. Its awful, I am not very good at this class.

Oh well, its only money right. Tonight had a big dinner and already had 3 sugarfree popcycles. I need to go to bed.

Good luck on the wiegh ins tomorrow for those that are doing it.
dmc
Old 10-03-2009, 10:03 AM   #39  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Morning ladies, sorry I've been MIA the last few days.

Mack is on his way to our second home (Mexico) for a couple weeks so I WILL be around more. I do have a long "To Do List" but my number one priority is to get back to what worked when I first started my journey; working out first thing in the morning, not only logging my food but planning it out for the day, weekly pictures, monthly measurements, and daily posting here.

The weather has finally turned here, 70/80's during the day and dropping down to the 40's at night. Before Mack left last night we took our final swim before "closing" the pool. With a temp of 74 I was in and out in seconds.

Although my PAP came back clean my GP still wants me to see the GYN so I have that appointment on Tuesday. My final (hopefully) dental appointment is on the 16th. I did get authorization to have my knee x-rayed but still not sure I really need it. Although it doesn't hurt (just a little tender to the touch) it does still have the knot and my concern is that I may do more damage by now knowing what's going on.

Well the dogs are driving me nuts to go out..... I'll be back.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:01 AM   #40  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Thanks for the compliments on the earrings. I will be making some more this weekend.

Finally the scale budged today, two whole pounds! I think the additional time spent exercising has helped this week and I drank more water too.

My bf wants to grill out steaks for dinner and I thought it was nice he told me this morning so I can plan for a heavier meal tonight. He wants to make fries and corn with the meal...he is so meat and potatoes! lol And I am going to plan on a couple glasses of wine tonight as well. I have a nice merlot in the fridge.

I hope everyone has a good Saturday!
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:05 AM   #41  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Well the dogs are in and tired out.

Just did pics, measurements, and weigh in and have to admit I'm not real happy with how September went; basically gained 10 lbs. Truth be told I've loss/gained the same 10 lbs. for months. My body really does like to stay around 150. As easy as it is to put it on it's equally as easy to take it off. It's getting down below 142 that seems to be elusive at this point.

Like I said in my previous post..... time to get serious.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:39 AM   #42  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Yay

141 this morning. AND it was really tuff to see the needle, did it possibly say 140??? I am going with 141 cause I just feel safer that way.

I was really good the last few nights, it just makes all the difference in the world for me. I have to keep doing that.

Today I am probably going to walk about 5 or 6 miles and stay on plan.

I have to go shopping so will pick up extra veggies to munch on. I plan on going to trader joes to check out the cheese puffs!

So even though I blew my test in class, I didn't over indulge last night, only 3 sugarfree popcycles instead of wine and popcorn!

Cruise, it is a new month!!!!

Hydra, fill up on the corn and potatoes with butter spray and small bites of meat, (harder said than done)!

Good luck!
Old 10-03-2009, 02:35 PM   #43  
Green Tomatoes

dmc2009: So sorry the test didn't go well. So glad the scale went better!

CruiseCAT: I think you've got some good reasons for that knee X-ray. I had mine X-rayed once and got a diagnosis of osteo-arthritis. "Just" arthritis -- it's amazing how blase people are about that, including doctors. I was 39, at the time, so I thought it was a bigger deal than the people around me did. Anyway, it was useful to me. Besides not being serious enough to garner medical attention which was a relief as well as an annoyance, there are things that can be done for it -- I just had to do the research on my own. Losing weight, of course, is at the top of the list.

Hydra: I don't have steak often, but I do enjoy it when I do. And sandwiches from leftover steak are yummy, so there's a good reason to keep the portions small. I've been doing this recipe (http://www.kitchengardeners.org/2009..._potatoes.html) in place of fries, but instead of roasting them, DH grills them in a basket on the grill along with the meat. A good salad would go nicely with your menu, whether or not BF eats some with you!

I hit a new low this morning. That was a long time coming! But it seems to be my pattern. I really find it useful to have you guys here in those long interims to remind me that eating less and exercising more really does work, even if I don't see that on the scale as often as I would like.

I have a hilly walk with a friend planned this afternoon and our favorite greens dish this evening. That should keep things moving for me!

Last edited by gardenerjoy; 10-03-2009 at 02:37 PM.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:01 PM   #44  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Penguin, isn’t amazing how insurance plans always try to get out of paying much? We have double medical coverage and it still amazes me how much we pay out of pocket.

Joy, cool info on the fences. I will keep that in mind with my apple trees. They have one ring of fences around them but perhaps another is in order. I love the story of your mom’s Joyous Melody idea. Congrats on the new low!

DMC, I hope the quizzes go well and that you are one pound down. Even more important is the 2 nights without munching. Excellent job. And congrats on your new reading. You’re getting to a border weight. The “3”’s are just around the corner.

Cruise, ah the closing of the pool. DH has been closing mine all day. I haven’t swam for about 3 weeks since he was pushy about turning off the solar heaters since I wasn’t swimming daily. So I ignored the pool. Apparently a big, bad move as algae grew in it. The temp this morning was 65 and no heating for 3 weeks. It should have been 50 but we did have way hot weather. I think DH is cleaning it because he’s the one that pushed. Plus being sick, he’s being nice. It is sad to have the swim season end. On the knee, perhaps the lump is a blood bruise thingie that just needs to be reabsorbed. My animal behaviorist has that after an injury and it’s been about 6 weeks.

Hydra, yeah on the 2 pounds. That’s exciting and you are doing so great. Your BF sounds very supportive.

Cruise, my DH is deploying for ~6 weeks on Monday morning. I figure I will really do a push for losing. I’ve lost about 2 pounds in sept but I’d rather push for 4. So you and I are in this together – the little old ladies with their doggies.

Today I came to a conclusion/realization. I’ve been feeling about the same for 5 days at around 66% better. Not good, not bad. But every afternoon by 2 I am wiped out. At work I just have trouble keeping my eyes open. So today and tomorrow I’m going to take a nap and see it that helps. If I feel even slightly better by Monday, I’m going to listen to my body at work and go home sice every afternoon. I have loads of sick time and after 2 weeks, I’m sick of being sick. Hopefully it won’t come to that after resting loads in the afternoons. Today I napped with the doggies for 2 hours. It was heavenly and I am not tired this evening.

Marie

PS, wow, look at all the dancing carrots. Our group is doing great.

Last edited by Marie; 10-03-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:38 AM   #45  

Hello everyone!

Just stopping by to say hi to all of you. Enjoy your weekend.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote