Old 08-26-2009, 07:45 AM   #1  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Default Tell us about a good choice you made recently

How about a pick-me-up thread... Tell us a good choice that you have made! I'll start.

I'm running the popcorn sale for our Cub Scouts group and last night was the meeting to tell us what was new with the program. Everyone walked out with a bucket of caramel corn. In the past, I would have opened it and eaten the whole thing (800 cal!!) on the drive back home. Last night, I threw it into the trunk and didn't give it a 2nd thought.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/152/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hubby asked to meet for lunch at Wendy's yesterday. I did not even mention the word frosty and chose the grilled chicken salad and an ice tea.
sukierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:54 AM   #3  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

On Sunday, my DH, who is a magnificent chef, achieved a personal best in BBQ baby back ribs. I held myself to just two ribs, and I concentrated on eating slowwwwllllyyyy. Oh, they were good!!! While others were wolfing, I behaved!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:05 AM   #4  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

At work we have a cafeteria with a set menu. The meals served are generally healthy but the portions are HUGE! I asked the chef if I could be served a half portion and I would still pay the full price for lunch and he agreed.
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:32 AM   #5  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

If the thread is about good "food" choices then the most recent one was the other night when I had some friends over for dinner and one friend had brought this tiny little cheesecake w/strawberries for desert. The cake should have been cut in to four pieces. There were four of us here, and I cut the pieces so small that there could have been more like 16 pieces. Pretty much they were 2 bite slices. The strawberries I ate were bigger then the "slice" I had. Of course they all took more but I didn't.

If the thread is about any good choice.....was months ago, but joining 3FC is it!!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:11 AM   #6  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

I am a shy person that sometimes chickens out on my way to social events. In April that happened and I rerouted to the store instead and bought a box of doughnuts that I then ate over the course of the evening at home.

Friday night I also chickened out but instead drove on to the gym and worked out for an hour.

Not to worry, I don't always chicken out, but glad to know now that when I do I've replaced an unhealthy replacement with an healthy one.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:58 AM   #7  
Learner

S/C/G: 201/183/155

Height: 5' 5"

Good idea, Newleaf!

This past week, my dh took my ds's to Tae Kwon Do in the evening. Instead of relaxing on the couch, I took a walk to the ocean and sat down on a rock and watched the seagulls. I felt so much better than I would have and I got a 45 minute brisk walk in on the way to and from the beach.
presmaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:33 PM   #8  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Mine is exercise. Yesterday I bumped up my elliptical workout 5 minutes. I do the interval training 5X a week for 20 minutes. I knew that I needed to up the workout but put it off as the interval workout kicks my butt even at 20 minutes. But yesterday I did programmed the machine for 25 minute workouts and programming it is such a pain, it wasn't just yesterdays workout. It's in there for good because I'm too lazy to change it back.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:02 AM   #9  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

I went to a friend's daughters 18th on the weekend. Amidst the high fat, high calorie, greasy food choices on offer, I managed to avoid them all and stick to cous cous, sweet and sour chicken, and snow peas and carrots to nibble on.
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:20 PM   #10  

What a great thread! Today I made fruit salad for desert instead of the brownies the kids were asking for.
cassieroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 154/143/132

Height: 5.9

(Alert - newbie joining in!)

Today, for the first time ever in my life I think I've chucked a piece of creamy cake in the bin - I just didn't feel like it! It was so weird, I actually thought to myself - this must be what anorexics feel all the time, and got just a tiny bit spooked.
Naama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:30 AM   #12  

Last night I went to the park with my son and when I got home I threw away the brownies that I bought on Saturday....I bought them cause we went tailgating before the Kenny Chesney concert and I don't know why I bought them home should have left them...but they are gone.
GabbyTab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:24 PM   #13  
Recovering Pantry Pest

I'm getting ready to make good choices this weekend - on Labor Day we're having a repeat of the BBQ ribs, only for company. Our invited friends are KILLER good cooks too, and will bring their best. Coupled with good beer and laughing ... this is my awfulest temptation scenario. However ... I'm laying in a supply of my favorite fizzy La Croix sparkling waters, and I'm going to have several plates of fresh raw veggies stationed around the house.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:13 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 185/161/148

Height: 5'5"

Two days ago I tore into a giant bag of sour cream and onion ruffles (the party I was supposed to bring it to was cancelled) and started in.....oh it tasted heavenly....then FORCED myself to throw the whole thing away, bury it under mounds of the worst garbage. It felt like trashing diamonds and gold, but I did it.
Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:25 AM   #15  
Recovering Pantry Pest

Joan, you are now my official hero! What you did is my equivalent of climbing Everest. In a bathing suit. With no supplies. You ROCK!!!!