Old 09-02-2009, 10:36 PM   #16  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

I was struggling to come up with a good choice to post since I've been waffling lately. BUT, here it is, and such an obvious one, too.

I made the choice to come back and post tonight, after letting a few days slip by. It is so easy to disengage. I refuse to let that happen.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:47 AM   #17  
Heidi

Yay, I remembered another good choice. I went into the city on Tuesday to where all the wonderful food markets are. Normally I would stop at the biscotti shop and bring home a dozen biscotti. When I got to the area I thought I would just bring one or two home -- portion control. But then when it was time to make the stop at the shop, I just walked by, and got 0 biscotti. That was huge.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:59 AM   #18  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

mmm - way to go, Newleaf - on BOTH counts!

Met a friend for dinner at Fuddrucker's last night (chain that specializes in custom, top-end burgers). I knew I was going, and I went online and checked the menu and the reviews. Much as I would have loved to drool on a 1/2 pounder with cheese sauce and potato wedges ... I stuck to the plan and got the spicy chicken taco salad with iced tea. I did nibble the shell a little, I confess ... but overall I was hugely improved over "what was".
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #19  
Baby Stepping Along

I have been on 2 business trips in the past 2 weeks. On the first trip, I took a walk upon arrival and used the fitness center early in the morning one day and then had a big long walk at dinner time that night. This week I used the fitness center one morning. Exercising while traveling is a hard one for me (especially when the time difference is beating me up) so I was very pleased!

Peg
p7eggyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #20  
Heidi

My good choice today was that I didn't let anything stand in the way of exercising. I did it as soon as the kids left for school, and feel good about getting it done. I even did 5 extra minutes on the elliptical so I could finish the last few pages of the book I have been reading.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #21  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

I have been doing callanetics exercises and I ordered a book about how to do them. I used to do these years ago and I remember most of the exercises but the book will help me to work up to a full hour workout. I know that having the book will keep me on my exercise plan.
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:58 PM   #22  
Heidi

I looked at calorie counts online before going to Einstein's bagels, and ordered the lo-cal thing there -- soup. I've made the mistake in the past of ordering a bagel with cream cheese, and then looking it up afterwards and being shocked. They have one bagel listed (although I've never seen it in the shop) as having 700 calories!!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:58 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

I'm new to posting in the 40 something corner of the world but plan to spend some more time here.

Yesterday hubby and I were at the fair and we shared a blooming onion, hotdog and funnel cake. Normally I would have insisted on not sharing! And I was satisfied with the amount I had and didn't feel deprived

Today I had hubby drop me off at work so I have to walk home. It's about a half hour walk home.
econ nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:51 PM   #24  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

At work we had a big meeting with a side buffet of a variety of fresh fruit and fruit dip, chips and dip, fritos and dip, a vanilla coffee cake, a sour cream coffee cake and a chocolate coffee cake and ice cream sanwiches......whew all that food and stuff I like. I ended up eating strawberries and a banana, no dip, and one small piece of the vanilla coffee cake. I was able to stay on plan and not overeat or fill up on the crap offered.
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:31 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 209 / 209/ 132

over the last week I've exchanged my tea and coffee drinking habit (8-9 cups a day with full cream milk and 2 sugars) for herbal teas and water.
aussielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #26  
It's a beautiful day

S/C/G: 235/209/165

Height: 5'8"

last night my husband and daughter ordered a HUGE chicken wing pizza (i love it!) but i had already eaten my dinner so i wrapped all the pizza leftovers for them and put them in the fridge--out of sight, out of mind!!
caroline1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:58 PM   #27  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Stopped a potential backslide before it could do much damage - flipped back through my Every Da** Crumb journal and daily weights that go all the way back to February, and knew I would NOT give up. My goal is too close.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:21 PM   #28  
Heidi

I got carried away with the day and realized that at 3:00pm I still hadn't had lunch. I forced myself to stop and have a real lunch so I wouldn't sabotage myself later.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:58 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 210/164/140

Height: 5'8"

Yesterday was a good day for good choices for me. It started with some errends I had to do. I had to go to the bank, go clothes shopping, get tea and coffee and go to the rec centre and pay for some classes. I initially planned to walk to the bank (1 mile), then catch a bus to the area that all the other things were in. I wound up walking the whole way, for a total of 4 miles walked.

Later that evening, I was on my way home from my dance class (walking 1.7 miles) and I was starving. S.T.A.R.V.I.N.G. I wanted to stop at the local greasy spoon and get some poutine, but when I got there, I realized I did not get all this exercise just to go and eat a calorie heavy dinner (and empty calories at that). I went the rest of the way home and with no regrets, had some cold chicken and tomatoes fresh from the garden.

Finally, the last good choice was about cheetos. I used to love cheetos. DH had some friends over and they were still there when I got home. They had a big bag of those addictive orange things. I didn't have any and I even threw the rest of the bag out (I too burried it at the bottom of the trash, so I wouldn't get tempted to change my mind later.

Here's a question for you all: When you make a good food choice instead of a bad one, is it because of a massive willpower effort, or do you not even want the bad food? Initially, it was the former with me, but now, I'm finding that I have no trouble picking the better choice - I *want* the good food! I never thought this would happen!

BP
bopeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #30  
Heidi

Bopeep, to your question. *Usually* the good choices come easily. But there are times when I have to really, really focus to get past making a bad choice. In those situations, more often than not, I find it easier to just make the bad choice, get it over with, and move on. Goes back to the whole lifestyle thing we've been talking about... Welcome back BTW -- I'm glad you had a great summer!