3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   40-Somethings August Week 2 Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/178735-40-somethings-august-week-2-thread.html)

newleaf123 08-11-2009 09:37 PM

Hi, all. Sorry I've been MIA; I've been in denial as I have spent the last couple of days off plan. Tomorrow is a new day and I plan to be back on track!

I tried something new for dinner tonight -- sauteed beet greens. They were incredible, and I can't wait to do that again! Tomorrow I'll have to roast up the beets that came along with them, LOL

newleaf123 08-11-2009 09:38 PM

CruiseCAT - if you check back in here, have a great cruise!!! I can't wait to hear all about your adventure, which I am sure will be filled with NSVs... Have fun!

patchworkpenguin 08-11-2009 10:29 PM

Hubby stayed home from work today. We picked up some kind of stomach bug and vegged out today, napping or watching movies from Netflix. We are starting to feel much better, at least.

Weightlosswanted, Welcome! Glad to have you with us! What part of the South are you in?

Marie, Glad to have you back!

Cruise,Have a good time!

Dancer, Hubby loves to be Mr. Fixit!

Splashes,Glad we were able to help you also.

OMW, Eeeek, on going back to work, but it is that time. Our usual Wed night at our Friend's was cancelled because Thursday is back-to-school for their two boys. We didn't really want to be part of that madhouse!

Jacque9999 08-12-2009 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruiseCAT (Post 2870341)
Just wanted to pop in before I leave tomorrow. I have been running around like crazy trying to make sure Mack and the pups have everything they need while I'm gone.

I'll be back the 20th and ready to get back to some serious working out.

Have a great time...can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Hotsplashes 08-12-2009 11:46 AM

Good Moring everyone! Eating has been going well. I am obsessed with toasted tomato sandwiches! It's like I can't get my tomatoes ripened fast enough.

Another cloudy day here. It was supposed to be sunny... BLECH...

Weightlosswanted, Welcome to the group!! Jump on in and join us. This is the BEST group on all the forums!!!The Nicest people on this thread EVER!!

Newleaf, Beat greens? I must check this out. I love beets. Never had them roasted.

Cruise, MUST POST PICS!!!!lolol

Dancer, Can you send Hubby over here to fix my leaky tap?lol If he can't come, maybe Penguin can send hers?? Dr. BF is not a Mr. Fix it.

Jacque9999... how's the weather out your way??? Are you the one sending me all the rain???lol

Jacque9999 08-12-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotsplashes (Post 2871327)
Jacque9999... how's the weather out your way??? Are you the one sending me all the rain???lol

It's been icky here too...must becoming from somewhere else!!! Hopefully the sun will come out tomorrow.

dancerindenver 08-12-2009 12:07 PM

Cruise - have a great trip! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Weightloss - welcome!!

Marie - so nice to have you back - we missed you!

Newleaf - glad you're back at it - I'm having a little trouble focusing on sticking to plan too if it makes you feel better : ) What are you using as inspiration for the rest of the week? My latest is we've booked a trip in January to Costa Rica which will definitely involve bathing suits which <<shudders>> is scary.

Ok, enough break - back to work!

Marie 08-12-2009 12:40 PM

Newleaf, sautéed beet greens??? Eeks, I think that may push my adventurous nature. I do like the beets though.

Penguin, a veggie day sounds wonderful and relaxing. Too bad you’d been ill or it would have been perfect.

Hotsplashes, what’s a toasted tomato sandwich? Do you put anything else with the bread and tomato? I made sourdough bread on Sunday and have tomatoes. Do tell….

Weighloss, welcome to what I have to 2nd as the best thread on 3FC. Lots of motivated, successful losers here. Weight losers that is… :joker:

Dancer, oooo, the beach in winter. :beach: You can’t beat that. One way to face swimsuits on a tropical beach is to know you’ll never see the people again so who cares if there’s a bulge or cellulite here and there. Besides, you’re gorgeous.

I lost another pound. Yea!. :goodscale Another .2 and I could say two. So I’m not going to change my ticker for a little bit. I had a victory that had nothing to do with losing weight. My beloved little Jeep needed a new battery (why does it die when DH has left for a month???). I bought a new battery and actually replaced it by myself. I printed instructions from ehow.com and wasn’t quite as terrified of electrocuting myself. And it worked. I got to drive around topless today. :cool::joker:One interesting point is that the batteries weigh about 60 pounds – basically what I’ve lost. It was so heavy!!! I started thinking about that 60 pounds on my joints and had a stab of regret that I’d tortured them so long. But now they’re happy so the regret didn’t last. But it was very enlightening.

Marie

patchworkpenguin 08-12-2009 01:36 PM

We napped a great deal yesterday, so when it was time for bed we weren't sleepy but gave it a try anyway. One of our neighbors down the street decided to have a party complete with load music starting at mid and getting loader and louder. Hubby finally called the police at about 2am. So we didn't get a lot of sleep either. Poor Hubby, more than me, I just slept late.

We are feeling better today, I was afraid to eat anything yesterday, so I expected to wake up starving today.

Marie, Yay on the pound!

newleaf123 08-12-2009 02:41 PM

HotSplashes and Marie - so how do you prepare your beets? As for the greens, they were so incredibly good. I just sauteed them in olive oil and garlic, then squeezed some lemon juice on them when they were done. Simple and easy.

HotSplashes and Jacque - Here in P'burgh the sun finally came out around 1:30pm, so maybe you all will see some too!

DancerInDenver - Costa Rica in January sounds wonderful!! I've always wanted to go there. As for inspiration for me? Maybe that's the problem, I don't have anything dangling out there in front of me... Need to think about that...

Marie - great job on the battery; I can't imagine doing that myself. And I guess I didn't realize that you had lost that much weight; that's quite an accomplishment

PatchworkPenguin - glad you are feeling better :)

Me, I got my hair colored today, and boy did I need that! Still haven't exercised this week; making it a priority has been difficult. I need to change that.

dancerindenver 08-12-2009 04:52 PM

Marie - my favorite swimsuit coping method is a pretty sarong - covers a multitude of sins and luckily I still have a few so I should be okay. Major congrats on the 1.8lbs and on the battery - I don't usually play the girlie card but I'm just not automotively inclined so I'm particularly impressed!

patchwork - poor you! You just can't catch a break right now. Hope tonight is uneventful!

Newleaf - A friend of ours bakes whole beets coated in olive oil and garlic and wrapped in tin foil. Not sure of the exact recipe but yummy! Amazing the affect hair color can have on your mood, isn't it?

patchworkpenguin 08-12-2009 05:27 PM

I'm trying to break the lethargic chain by doing a workout today. I told myself to do one section and ended up doing three so I must feel better!

I tried out more of The Best of Tamilee DVD set today. I did the warmup, Buns, Thighs, and one of the abs sections plus the stretch; probably close to an hour total. I didn't like the Buns or Thighs sections, Tamilee went a little faster than I like during lunges etc and I kept losing my balance or getting confused. I think I figured out part of why I like slower workouts; we were doing pile squats and I have to go down pretty low before I feel my glutes engage, which doesn't happen at all at the faster speed, so I feel like I'm just pulsing the whole workout, without getting full range of motion. I liked the ab section fairly well. This is the two DVD set and Buns in on one DVD while Thighs is on the other; Grr, I hate changing DVD's. What I do like is that the set is very mix and match so I can do whatever I feel like today. I'm not sure I'll keep this one, but I haven't tried either yoga, the cardio, or the other abs section.

Dancer, Those baked beets sound very good. Have you ever added them to oven roasted veggies??? That sounds like it might be good too? I' roasted some veggies in the oven a few weeks ago, which we really enjoyed and I'm looking for new additions. I like beets but I'm not sure about Hubby.

Newleaf, I'm getting a much needed haircut tomorrow, so we can be gorgeous together!

weightlosswanted 08-12-2009 08:14 PM

*roasted beets are yummy, haven't tried the greens. I just quarter them, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with some garlic powder and sea salt.
*I'm in Charleston, SC.
*PT didn't work out today, the bus company gave me wrong info and I can't get there using our public transportation. I'm really bummed about it, I haven't been able to work out since april : ( I can't start again until someone shows me what exercises I can do safely with my herniated disc.
*thanks for all the welcomes, ya'll sound like a great group!

weightlosswanted 08-12-2009 08:16 PM

oops, I should have mentioned that since my leg has healed after my car accident, I usually walk 1-2 miles a day getting back and forth to the bus stop. sometimes as much as 4 miles a day. and yet the weight isn't budging!

Onmyway 08-12-2009 11:41 PM

First day back to school. First day back on plan. DD had soccer practice, walked the track for an hour with 2 other moms. Poor planning on my part had me eating dinner at 8:30 tonight. Not the best but it will take me a bit to get back in our school/practice routine.

Weightlosswanted, welcome to our group! Charleston is one of my favorite places! DH and I honeymooned on Kiawah Island and spent several days in Charleston.

patchwork, great job with exercising even when feeling puny!

Dancer, A January vacation is a great incentive to stay on plan. Good thinking!

Newleaf, A new hairstyle does wonders! What can we do to help you get back into an exercise routine? What about biking with the boys?

Marie, congrats on the loss and the battery! It is nice to have physical examples of how much we have lost. Really helps put things in perspective!

Jacquee, Glad you found the new thread this time! LOL!

Hotsplashes, my summer tomato favorite is tomato mozzarella salad with fresh basil. I have it every day!