3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 40-Somethings

Old 07-04-2009, 11:22 AM   #46

Welcome to the group Jasmine!! That is the name of my latest favorite tea! It is always good to see a new face here!! I see you are a fellow runner. How did you get started? I really enjoy it now and had never thought I would.
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:11 PM   #47
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the group Jasmine. We love all the support and encouragement we can get.

Susan - I had an echo done back in 2006 when my son was diagnosed with HCM and then another one in November when I ended up in the ER with my gallbladder, both were normal. I too have a tendency to worry more than I should. I also have a tendency to live in the here and now because of the family history and seeing so many die so young.

Mack and I are headed out to the pool today to enjoy the sun and a few beers. Hope you all have a GREAT 4th.

CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:14 PM   #48
Tanya

S/C/G: 150/130/120

Height: 5'8"

Thank you for the welcomes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
Welcome to the group Jasmine!! That is the name of my latest favorite tea! It is always good to see a new face here!! I see you are a fellow runner. How did you get started? I really enjoy it now and had never thought I would.
I first started running back in 2005, when my dd & I walked the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. My mom had died of breast cancer in Nov. 2004, and had participated in 4 races before her death. I was never able to participate with her...I had always thought "next year I will." After her death, my dd & I participated in it for her. (How I wish I had managed to do it with her before her untimely death!) While we were walking, we both got the urge to run (something we hadn't done before) and took off...we ran a little, took a walking break, ran a little more, and continued for the 3.1 miles. It was fun. Afterward, I started running here and there for exercise and even though I wasn't a "serious" runner, I ended up loosing 20 lbs. I stopped running and gained the weight back plus some.

This past May, one of my husband's coworkers talked me into signing up for a 10K in September. I did, because I knew that having a goal and a commitment was just the push I needed to get me back into it. I've managed to loose 15 lbs. so far, and am loving it. I feel so good after a run. The hardest part for me is getting myself out the door, but I haven't allowed myself to miss a workout yet, just knowing that 10K is around the corner!

Oh, my username is Jasmine, because I used to have jasmine growing around the last house I lived in, it would bloom in the spring and fall and had the most wonderful scent. It became my favorite flower!
Jasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:53 PM   #49

Sorry to hear about your mom!! That must have been very hard! That is great that it got you going to do something for your health though with running. I really like doing the races that support causes like cancer. Good luck on your 10K!! I have only done 5K's and feel that will be the extent of my distances. I am happy that I can even run at all, LOL! I feel too that signing up for a race gives you a focus and a goal to make you push harder.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:13 PM   #50
fat chick FKA Velveteen

S/C/G: 210.5/169/G 150

Height: 5'5½

arg! I've missed so many posts! I have to go out for my run, but I hope I'm totally caught up with you all tomorrow!

run - laugh - eat pie||Twitter
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:21 PM   #51

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Howdy, all! Hope everyone is enjoying the fourth. We just got back from a hike so I'm having a sit down break with a icy glass of diet root beer (I know, I know - I have to cut down on the diet sodas, but I'm kind of focusing on one thing at a time - lose the weight, then work on the sodas).

Penguin - I love the book Circle of Friends and I've read some others of hers as well but that one is my favorite.

Beemer - Love the new avatar! You so don't look like you belong in the 40s forum : ) Sounds like you are having a nice relaxing holiday weekend - perfect!

Jasmine - Welcome! Sorry to hear about your mom but what a great thing to do in her memory. It must have been very emotional for you. I love love love the smell of Jasmine too - definitely a favorite for bubble bath!
Old 07-05-2009, 02:19 AM   #52
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Happy 4th!

For anyone who's interested I was able to figure out how to put up a profile picture {truth: Hubby helped a little!}, if you guys want to see the 'real' me.

I bought a food scale today to see if that would help me, I'm kind of a 'gadget' person. I registered for FitDay and they ask me all sorts of questions like how much food did I eat?? I can figures measurements like cups and TB spoons but grams and ozs confuse me.

I'm not sure what I'll be able to do or not do after the cateract surgery so I'm trying to get my 'list' done this weekend. Hubby took Tues and Wed off to stay with me. Yay!

Jasmine, Welcome! I have some Confederate Jasmine growing on a trellis by the garage door, and when its blooming it smells fabulous. Sorry on the loss of your Mom.

Good night all,
Penguin
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:44 AM   #53

Great pic, Penguin!! Love the patchwork in the back! I see that you are a quilter. My mother and sister-in-laws are too. You do not look like you are in your 40's at all. I would guess your 20's for sure!! Hope everything goes well for your surgery! Have a great day everyone!!

Last edited by Beemer; 07-05-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:00 AM   #54

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Penguin - wow do you look young!
Now if you all would just look your age, I wouldn't be nervous about posting pictures of my glorious wrinkly bits as part of this botox experiment : ) So, I'm down 3lbs since this time last week which is a bigger loss than usual for me. Happy dance! Hope everyone had a great weekend...