Old 06-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #1  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Default Having trouble kicking it in gear again...

I guess it's my turn for needing some support. I've spent the last 6 weeks bouncing between 164 - 169. It's not like I've hit some sort of mysterious plateau, it's more simply that I've not had the driven mindset to keep losing.

I still have more weight to lose. I thought once summer rolled around and I wasn't working as much, I'd be exercising more. That hasn't happened. Also, my boys have been really irritating, which has led me to eat more (stress). And, I've not been maintaining portion control.

I've decided today to put calorie counting aside for awhile. It was great when I was learning how much I needed to eat, and about the relative trade-offs of food, even among healthy food. But it's not working for me right now. So I'm going to put away the food scale and just go back to my mantra of healthy choices, portion control, and EXERCISE. It's time to right the ship.

I guess there is really no point to this post, other than to work out my thoughts and create some accountability. So............ hold me accountable!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 235/170/145

Height: 5'3

I am also right there with ya!!!
I ditched the food journal...I tended to under eat with it. I feel that after nearly a year of this I should have the hang of it anyway. I hid the scale this morning. I was getting on it literally every time I was in the bathroom and it was very frustrating!!!! The normal weight fluctuations really discouraged me. So for the past 6 weeks I have been between 170 and 175 (
I ran tonight and am getting ready to do the elliptical. I am doing a test run this week, perhaps lingering into two. Next Sunday I hope to be -2 lbs.!!!! Wish me luck, bc this process can truely be sucky.
chels38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Maybe it'll be good for you to detach a little bit and just focus on being healthy, like you said. As long as you trust yourself to make good choices, maintain portion control and exercise regularly, you should do great! It'll be good to take some of the pressure off and just be. You can do it! Look how far you've come!
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/170/145

Height: 5'3

Yeah, I sometimes think the stress of all it is harder on you than making a bad choice (not that I am going to tho!! ) The whole week I was in FLA I did not think of my weight loss journey at all, just focused on making healthy choices. I didn't see the scale for a week, or remember it even existed. On the ride home I was kinda scared to weigh myself, knowing that was the first thing I was gonna do, ha. BUT!!!! I was 3 lbs. lighter!!! So for the next week I contemplated the change in my ways and now I'm gonna do it!!!! I'm also And Im sure everyone that reads this is saying DuhhH!!! So.....I did my calculations and comprimised at around 1400-1500 and we'll see how that goes Im just stuck right now and it really really sucks. Thank goodness for my rockin fiance that helps keep me in check

BTW..Sorry I tend to ramble.
Also, I just became an active poster with this site um tonight! ha I am not 40...which u may have been able to tell But I need helP!!! ANd i could relate and I need that. Hope ya dont mind me
chels38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:17 AM   #5  
Heidi

Chels38 - it sounds like we are in exactly the same place! Thanks for chiming in, and welcome to the boards...

TakingCharge - I think that's how it's going to need to be for a few weeks. Plus, I'm going away for 2 separate weeks during July - I think I will have more success by being careful than by trying to count and not being able to.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:51 AM   #6  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

newleaf, I like your plan! No reason why it shouldn't work. I can echo your sentiments about the kidlets, too. DS9 (the "D" part of that is a stretch these days) seems to be making that that transition from really easygoing, mellow, cheerful kid to aggravating pre-teen - he's trying out some attitudes that are creating stress (bet you know EXACTLY what I mean!). Seriously, though ... we all know that more exercise reduces stress, and summer's got all the awesome, low-calorie, filling foods that our bodies crave. We're both a lousy 9 pounds from goal - I've bought pork loins bigger than that. Let's do this thing!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:09 AM   #7  
Heidi

ICUWishing - LOL re: the pork! We seem to have worked through the attitude issues with my 10 year old - phew! But my 8-year-old, man. D is a stretch there, too. Today we're getting out of the house, going to the Andy Warhol museum, among some other stops, so hopefully he will be easier to be around...
Old 06-23-2009, 09:16 AM   #8  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Newleaf,
I like your plan. Sometimes we have to change things up a bit. Summer can be harder without the routine of school and regular activities. You'll find what works.

Look at how well you have done. You made your 4th of July goal with weeks to spare. You are less than 10 pounds from goal. You can do this!

Have you thought about taking an exercise class of some sort. Something that gets you away from your boys a bit and focuses just on you. Or maybe just adding a 30 minute walk in the mornings before they get up. Just a thought!

Hang in there!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:46 AM   #9  
Heidi

OnMyWay - good point about going for a walk before they get up... I'll have to give that some thought. I don't like to do hard exercise first thing in the morning, but a nice walk? Surely I could do that... (I hate organized exercise classes, so that's out)
Old 06-23-2009, 06:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 193/169/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi Newleaf... I'm in the same boat, bouncing around between 167-170 for over a month. The nice weather and tending the garden make focusing on diet/exercise a challenge.

I like Onmyway's idea, to take a walk outside whenever you can. I look forward to my morning walks... actually I just started last week and it already feels like a habit. (I used to turn my nose up at walking outside, like it wasn't "real exercise". But I figure that it's better than nothing!)

I think you're on the right track. Taking a break may be the answer to getting your head back in the game. Actually I think I'm on a break right now and didn't realize it until I read your post!
kellygram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 194/186/130

Height: 5'4"

I agree with the morning walk. I don't like doing hard exercise in the morning either. Even if I can't get outside, I have several of the Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds DVDs I use. Good luck!
gingerlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #12  
Beach Babe Wannabe

S/C/G: 257/226/125

Height: 5' 4" - 51 years old

Hi there,

I just wanted to return the favor and give you a

I actually think sometimes it's good to go thru this sort of maintaining time.

I have read that it is just your body trying to find and equilibrium.

You will be back on track in no time I am sure.!!! In the mean time focus on what you have accomplished.
Runundefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:35 AM   #13  

You have been such a great motivator and cheerleader to lots of us here so I am happy try and help you out!! It sounds like you are at where I was about a month or so ago. I had enough of calorie counting and keeping track. I knew I couldn't keep that up in my lifestyle for long so I decided to wing it. I love the fact that the time I did do it I learned so much about how much was in what.

I do still think about what I am eating and mentally keep track somewhat but overall I just try to make choices that I know are good and keep to my plan of moving enough to balance things out. You know the tools and what to do to make this all happen. I am confident that you will reach your goal!! It may take longer like it did with me but good things can't be rushed! Plus I think it becomes more a way of life the longer you take instead of rushing on through. Good luck!!
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:14 PM   #14  
Heidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
I had enough of calorie counting and keeping track. I knew I couldn't keep that up in my lifestyle for long so I decided to wing it. I love the fact that the time I did do it I learned so much about how much was in what.

I do still think about what I am eating and mentally keep track somewhat but overall I just try to make choices that I know are good and keep to my plan of moving enough to balance things out. You know the tools and what to do to make this all happen.
That's just it, exactly. How many times can I weigh out my hot cereal in the morning. I know now -- don't use a heaping tablespoon of chopped nuts, use a slight teaspoon instead. Don't use a huge handful of raisins, sprinkle on 6 or 7 instead. Etc.

So far, so good. Thanks for your support, and to everyone else in the thread, too!