Old 06-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #106  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

CruiseCAT - that is one BIG dog!!! You look great in the photo, BTW! Congrats on being shocking!

Dancer - congrats on your ticker; that's a lot of fun.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:32 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 224/190/150

Height: 5'6"

CAT, what a great pic! You look awesome! I am officially inspired to workout extra hard tomorrow!
AspiringButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:12 AM   #108  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onmyway View Post
Jacquee, Your bedroom sounds pretty! DD just got a new bike and she picked purple!
Anyone who picks a purple bike...or anything for that matter is my BFF

CruiseCAT that dog is HUGE....and adorable. You look FANTASTIC!!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:46 AM   #109  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Morning ladies....

Thank you for the compliments. For a change I really don't mind being in FRONT of the camera. For a soon to be 45 year old women I feel pretty good; scratch that..... I FEEL GREAT.

All that talk last week about de-cluttering has my truck full of stuff to donate. I've been working on one room at a time and for a neat freak, with OCD that considers herself a minimalist I'm amazed at how much crap I have around the house that I don't use. Today I'm going to tackle the garage. I wonder if Mack will be upset if I get rid of the stuff HE doesn't use???
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:57 AM   #110  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseCAT View Post
Morning ladies....

Thank you for the compliments. For a change I really don't mind being in FRONT of the camera. For a soon to be 45 year old women I feel pretty good; scratch that..... I FEEL GREAT.
You should FEEL great!!! You are doing a wonderful job....I know what you mean about the camera. I used to only let people take picks from the chest/neck up...now they can take the whole kit and kaboodle!!!!

Good luck with the garage cleanout!!! I must admit, all the stuff I didn't get rid of last weekend is NEATLY piled in my garage...just haven't had time to get to goodwill and the sad thing is, it is right near my office. Go figure!!! My goal is to drop it off Friday!!!
Old 06-10-2009, 08:09 AM   #111  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onmyway View Post
Jacquee, Your bedroom sounds pretty! DD just got a new bike and she picked purple!
I want to attache photos of my bedroom and I can't get it to work!!!! ARRRGGG!!!
Old 06-10-2009, 08:41 AM   #112  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque9999 View Post
I want to attache photos of my bedroom and I can't get it to work!!!! ARRRGGG!!!

I do know there is size limit but don't remember what it is. I use PhotoBucket to host my pics that I post here:

http://photobucket.com/
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:29 AM   #113  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Good morning everyone! Beemer, welcome back! Cruise, you look fabulous in that picture (dang, that's a big dog!) - happy and strong! Jacque, my bedroom is all deep royal purple and sage and gold. I ain't waitin' til I'm old to wear purple! I've got a purple blouse on right now.

Ever have one of those days when you woke up and just KNEW that you could do anything you set your mind to? I'm rolling in this feeling like a dog on a dead thing, cuz it sure doesn't happen to me very often.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:35 AM   #114  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque9999 View Post
You should FEEL great!!! You are doing a wonderful job....I know what you mean about the camera. I used to only let people take picks from the chest/neck up...now they can take the whole kit and kaboodle!!!!

Good luck with the garage cleanout!!! I must admit, all the stuff I didn't get rid of last weekend is NEATLY piled in my garage...just haven't had time to get to goodwill and the sad thing is, it is right near my office. Go figure!!! My goal is to drop it off Friday!!!
Jacque - can you call the Vets and have them pick your stuff up? Here at least, you can just leave the stuff outside on they day they are coming and voila, junk gone! Here is the link for the Vietnam Vets pickup scheduling. I did this once and it was fantastic. http://www.scheduleapickup.com/
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:21 PM   #115  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Jacque, we’re BFF as my whole house is a shade of purple. I painted one room “Orchid Mist” a very light purple. My husband loved it as it was soft and welcoming – so now every room is orchid. I guess it sort of looks white, but when the sun hits it, wow it is purple. If I have to keep the cast, I’m insisting it be replaced (stinks) and I’m getting purple. I chose the pink before I saw the really pretty purple.

Carole, supposedly I’m a technology wizard as that’s my career. But there’s so much out there, I always feel like I’m floundering. I did make the choice to write my posts in Word as if I hit the close key, Word will prompt me to save. I’m lucky that at work I have dual monitors so I have 3FC on one and Word on the other. Cutting and pasting will be easy as well.

Onmyway, “I need to convince him to take leftover cheesecake to his girlfriend's.” I did that last week and sent an entire cheesecake home with my DS and his GF. I had a tiny piece, 1/32 of the cake and it weighed in at 260 calories for about 10 small bites. Not worth it to me even though it tasted like heaven.

Cruise, your doggie is BEAUTIFUL!!! Such a sweetie and it’s clear he loves you. You look absolutely fabulous. Congrats on your “shocking” weight loss. And I bet Mack won’t notice his MIA stuff for years…

ICU, “I'm rolling in this feeling like a dog on a dead thing” LOL!!!! Have a great time rolling.

Evil scale gave me the same nice reading as yesterday. Of course soon I won’t like the “nice” reading as I will want it lower. But it was a nice way to start the day. Today is my Friday as my district is on furlough Thursday and Friday. So it’s a long weekend. I like furlough days, vacation days, holidays, etc. I love not working. Tomorrow I get the cast off, then I’m picking up my DGS for the rest of the weekend. He and I are taking Amtrak to Eugene for a day trip. He’s 3 and LOVES trains. So we’re going on a beautiful ride. The Amtrak through the Cascades is renown for its scenery. We’ll have a blast on Saturday. I got his jogging stroller out and think I will take him rollerblading on Friday. He likes speed as much as I do. I figure no cast, the no rollerblading restriction is lifted.

YEAH, I hit the close key once again and didn’t lose the post. I beat the darn thing on another matter!!!

Last edited by Marie; 06-10-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:20 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Congrats on the successful post, Marie - it must be frustrating to have your cast working against you : )
Cruise - whoa that's a big dog (and a small lady!) - you look great - glad you feel that way too, you deserve it!!
You guys are inspiring me to drop my goodwill stuff off tomorrow finally - don't know why I've been procrastinating - it will clear off a bunch of floorspace in my spare room.
ICUwishing - what a great analogy and an even better feeling! Now if you could just bottle it...

I'm feeling a little low today (no good reason - they just finished work on my porch, which now looks great, so I should be happy!) - probably just frustrated that the scale isn't moving and I'm not great at being patient. I'm sticking to plan at 1300-1500 cal/day tracked at the daily plate and running 4-5x/wk for 30 min or more. ***sigh*** Any advice from you experts?
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:46 PM   #117  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

I'd like to just jump in here - sounds like I've finally found the people overcoming a lot of my problems!

I'm 42 (when I'm admitting it), and have a 5 year old son. He's a large part of my motivation for weight loss - kids are frequently embarrassed by their parents. I just don't want my weight to be a contributing factor!

My husband works out of town most of the time - I get to see him every 6 weeks or so. So my current goal is to knock his socks off on 4th of July weekend!

I'm thinking I'm in the whole perimenopause thing. How do you know for sure? My TOM went to about every 24/25 days for 6 or 8 months. Now all of a sudden it was 20 days this month? Not cool!

Dancer - If what you've been doing has worked so far and makes sense. Just stick with it. Don't figure you need to change anything until you've stalled for a few weeks. Could just be normal fluctuations.
jelder227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:24 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

jelder - welcome! Your 4th of July goal sounds like a great motivator! And thanks for the advice...
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:45 PM   #119  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome jelder, there's alway room for another friend in this group! Kids are a great motivator, you are already off to a great start! Hubby will be very pleased!

dancer, I also say keep doing what you are doing. Stalls are normal and usually aren't a problem unless they last several weeks. Hang in there!

Marie, sounds like a fun weekend ahead! Enjoy your days off!

ICU, Can't wait to hear what you did today after rolling around like a dog! LOL!

Jacquee, I added photos by clicking on the insert image icon. I then browsed my computer to add the photo I wanted. Try again, I'd love to see your pics!

Newleaf, Thanks for the link. I didn't know you could call them, I usually wait til they call me!

Cruise, If Mack isn't using something, he may not even notice it is gone!

I woke up today feeling kind of lousy after having a bigger dinner last night. Took a good long walk with my neighbor this morning and then did some water exercise this afternoon at the pool. A good exercise and eating day here!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:46 PM   #120  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Dancer, I’ve got to agree with jelder. Be patient. It is SO frustrating for those of us that took for granted the speed that weight would come off in our 20’s and 30’s. I remember hearing all the warnings that the 40’s would be terrible. So when did I start to take the idea of keeping if off seriously??? In my 40’s. So that’s my dues – I must learn patience and I’m not naturally patient. Look for body changes and most importantly how you feel. I’ve never had so much energy and felt alive than I do now. And I’ve been this weight in the past. But the whole new mindset makes a huge difference.

Jelder, wow you’re doing fantastic according to your S/C/G. You must be so excited. When you wrote the 24 days, I was like, wow mine have been that way for the last 5 months. I hate that it’s more often but they’ve been so light it’s almost worth it. Please note the ALMOST…

15 minutes till furlough weekend. And wonderfully, the school year will be over in 15 minutes! YEAH!!!
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote