3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 40-Somethings

Old 06-09-2009, 08:57 AM   #91
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

CruiseCAT I LOVE your multi-quote post!!!!

"When I changed my attitude, I changed my life!!

Lost 22 inches since May 1st 2009
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #92

Wow!! A girl is gone for a little bit as my mother-in-law was here for a visit for the first time since my father-in-law passed away in April, and I can't keep up with what has happened with you all. We were super busy so I couldn't post. Looks like everyone is doing well and plugging along. I am off for a run now but will be back to check in later. It is good to see so much activity here!! Have a great day!
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #93
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

(((((((((((((((SUSAN)))))))))))))))

We missed you!!!

Hurry back.

CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:58 AM   #94
Eat Less Move More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque9999 View Post
CruiseCAT I LOVE your multi-quote post!!!!

Thank you...

I think the only thing I might do differently is bold my response like you do.

Do you know if there is a way to set it up that ALL my post could be in the same format; ie: bold and navy?

Old 06-09-2009, 10:25 AM   #95
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Beemer - look at you, pound from your goal!!! Congratulations!! You must be feeling great... Welcome back! I hope you had a nice visit with your MIL; I'm sure it must be hard...

Working on losing some bloat...

newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:35 AM   #96
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Glad to hear from you Beemer! Way to stick with things and get so close to goal! Bet you feel and look great!

Happy Tuesday everyone!
Old 06-09-2009, 11:45 AM   #97

S/C/G: 224/190/150

Height: 5'6"

'Well I'm off to feed the dogs, workout, work with them, run red team results and then off to see the surgeon to schedule my gallbladder removal.'

Cruisecat: I had my gallbladder out a few years ago and felt like a million bucks afterward. I hadn't realized how crappy I felt until I had it removed. Don't worry, it will all be fine, and you'll feel so much better when it's over.

ICU and Dancer: I too find that if I have a small protein snack when I'm hungry in the evening that will be enough to get me through until bedtime. Typically, if I eat alot of carbs, I crave even more carbs. I think everyone is different and you gotta do what works for you. I try not to eat much at night. I don't care what the nutritionists/doctors say, if I eat late at night, I gain weight and/or don't lose anything, even if I have the same calories. I do like having sugarfree popcycles around too. Other than fruit that's really the only sugar tasting thing I allow myself. I just can't stop once I eat regular sugary stuff.

AspiringButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:30 PM   #98

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Beemer - you were the extra push I needed to get out the door on a run this morning - thanks! You are so close to goal - you must be feeling great!

CruiseCAT - I've heard that things are much, much better after gall bladder surgery as well. Sorry you have to go through it at all though.

Aspiringbutterfly - Thanks for the thoughts on nighttime eating. I'm going to keep experimenting to see if I can get this one solved. I'm thinking if I can do enough physical activity to fall into bed exhausted instead of bored with munchies, that might work.

Have a great day all! Ooooh - and check out my very exciting new sig - now appearing for the first time : )
Old 06-09-2009, 02:24 PM   #99

Back from my run! I hope I am able to keep up here more now that my kids are out of school and my MIL is gone. Things have been just crazy!! Looks like all of you have been doing really well while I was gone! I missed you!!

As far as getting close to my goal, I really can't believe it. My eating has not been what I would like it to be with company and graduation parties so I was surprised to be this close. I have still been running around 3 miles 5 days a week though so I am sure that helped. I was also riding bike and did that 25 mile bike trip last Monday and survived. Funny thing too is that I made it to our destination first. That was a shocker!! I also did my 5K with our girls running club and came in third for our group and 8th in my age division. Not bad for a newer running and older mom!! I actually beat all of the moms from our club and I was the oldest one!

Anyway, enough about me:

CAT-I wish you luck on everything going on with your gallbladder. I know because of lots of family members with problems with it that it can be quite painful. I see your ticker is moving right along too. Way to go!!

newleaf-We did have a nice visit but it was definitely different. My husband still is having a pretty rough time of it. I know he will get better with time though. Thanks for your concern!

Onmyway-Thanks for the encouragement! I do feel pretty good!! Hope you had fun at your daughters meet. I love watching my kids activities!

Jacque9999-I love your purple posts!! Purple is one of my favorite colors!

dancerindenver-Glad I could encourage you to run today!! I did that with the friend that I ran with too. She was quite sick all winter and I am slowly getting her back into it. I love running with friends. It makes me more accountable to doing it. Glad to see you here!

presmaggie-Love the new do!!

I will try to do some more catching up later. Sorry if I missed anyone!! I have a lot to catch up with. Love seeing the new faces here!
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #100

S/C/G: 209/see ticker/135

Hi Pressmaggie- I tried to go back to Masters Swimming in January but quit....wasn't ready to be in a bathing suit. I haven't done it since 2004-2005....but it is my goal to get back into it this year. I loved the people I swam with. Our coach made us do the meets and races but it was fun.
cheekiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:41 PM   #101
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

I'm so sad... I had this really good post (using multi-quotes for the first time) and asked for brief biographies so I could match names with posts and get to know people. Then the #$%#$% cast hit the "Close Window" icon and it went away.

So pretend this is a witty post with all kinds of questions and info. I will try again another time. It's the third time the cast hit the key. I should go back to one handed typing but I'm too impatient.

TTYL.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:22 PM   #102
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseCAT View Post
Thank you...

I think the only thing I might do differently is bold my response like you do.

Do you know if there is a way to set it up that ALL my post could be in the same format; ie: bold and navy?
I haven't figured it out yet but I don't think 3FC has that as an option...it would make my (and yours) life so much easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
Jacque9999-I love your purple posts!! Purple is one of my favorite colors!
Thank you...purple IS my favorite color....I just redid my bedroom and it is all purple, tan and sort of a lime green.

"When I changed my attitude, I changed my life!!

Lost 22 inches since May 1st 2009
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:32 PM   #103

S/C/G: 224/190/150

Marie, actually your post was pretty funny! At least you tried to do the quote thingy - i'm technology challenged, LOL!

AspiringButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:54 PM   #104
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Don't feel bad Marie, That's happened to me before, spent a long time on a nice individualized post and "poof". Hit the wrong button and it's lost forever!

Congrats on the new ticker dancer! I remember how excited I was to get mine!

Beemer, Way to go on the bike ride and 5K. What an inspiration! I bet your dd was very proud of her "old" mom!

Jacquee, Your bedroom sounds pretty! DD just got a new bike and she picked purple!

Cheekiemonkey, keep doing what you're doing and you'll be back in a swimsuit in no time!

Butterfly, I'm a little challenged myself! I can do the basics but not the fancy stuff!

What did the surgeon say Cruise? Will your surgery be outpatient? Let us know so we can be thinking of you!

Saw you added some new tickers Newleaf! I like the idea of a short term goal. You CAN do it!

Survived our first swim meet. DD swam 3 individual events and 2 relays. She did really well. We laugh about spending 5 hours to see less than 3 minutes of actual pool time! Celebrated DS's birthday tonight. I need to convince him to take leftover cheesecake to his girlfriend's. I know I can't be trusted to have it in my house!

Have a good evening!

Last edited by Onmyway; 06-09-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:21 PM   #105
Eat Less Move More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onmyway View Post
What did the surgeon say Cruise? Will your surgery be outpatient? Let us know so we can be thinking of you!
I need to get final authorization but at this point we have it scheduled for July 9th as an outpatient laproscopic procedure.

Not looking forward to it but it HAS to be done.

Speaking of mini goals I reached one today; I now weigh less than Miss Tyra. I was thinking I had a few more pounds to go but apparently she has put on a couple in the last six months. I didn't realized how big she had gotten until I took this picture so I decided to run her by the vet and weigh her. I had not seen the folks at the vet in several months so they were ALL shocked when they saw me; it feels good to be shocking.