Old 03-14-2009, 09:11 AM   #91  
Tanya

S/C/G: 262/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi! My name is Tanya and I'm new to this forum. I have been on 3chicks site since June 08 but the first forum I joined was the Biggest Loser Challenge. The support from that forum has been great but the challenge is going to end soon. I needed to find a new 'home' and after reading your recent posts this seems to be a good match for me!!

I posted my bio and I look forward to getting to know all of you (already know CruiseCat from BL....HI!!).
TSap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:16 AM   #92  

Welcome to the group Tanya! You have done a awesome job towards your goal so far!! Keep up the good work!
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:04 PM   #93  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome Tanya! You are have done terrific so far. Stick around here, this is a great group!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:27 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Welcome Tanya!!

Well...Let's see...three more questions:

What state have you not been to but want to visit and why?

When you get to your ultimate goal, how will you celebrate?

What is your favorite tree and why?
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:35 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Talking

My answers:

I would love to go to Hawaii. It looks so beautiful and I would love to see a volcano.

I will go on a trip to either Hawaii or Bermuda. I went to Bermuda on my honetmoon...many moons ago..and I want to go back. I definitely want to be fit before I do these trips!

My favorite tree is a Weeping Willow. They are so beautiful and always look so peaceful. My second favorite tree is a White Birch...Again so beautiful!
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:54 PM   #96  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Hi, Tanya - nice to meet you. I haven't read your profile yet but will try to get back to that later... Jump on in!

1. I haven't been to Montana and I've always wanted to. Big Sky Country... it's just always held an attraction.

2. I don't really have any plans to celebrate. Getting to my goal just means getting back to where I was in 2007, so nothing too exciting. I already know what I will look like (see my avatar) and it really isn't much different than how I look today. Same, but better, if you know what I mean...

3. Favorite tree -- I love an apple tree all covered in blossoms -- so pretty and so fragrant.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:06 PM   #97  

Good questions Hattie!!

I have been to lots of our states but I have never been to Alaska and would love to go. It would have to be when it is warm there though, LOL! I have heard it is really beautiful and have seen lots of wonderful pictures of it.

Not with food, LOL!! I will probably buy a whole new wardrobe. Funny thing is that I had finally bought some bigger clothes last summer and got rid of a lot of my smaller clothes when I thought I would just be this size forever. I was my heaviest weight ever this time so I was never this big before and had always worn between a couple of sizes. I am pretty much back to my old size now but they are a little tighter than what I would like them to be.

We have this one in common Hattie! I love the Weeping Willow too!! I have 5 Weeping Willows that we planted ourselves on our land. They got huge right away! I think they are such a majestic tree and have good childhood memories for me. We had some in our backyard growing up and they were always good for climbing in and swinging from the branches.

Funny that you like the White Birch too Hattie. I love how the bark looks like paper. We have one in our front yard. My Grandparents had them on their farm when I was growing up and I loved going there. They also had lots of Black Walnuts and I planted one in our yard last summer in honor of my Grandma who I was especially close to. She died last January with me by her side.

Newleaf-I have two apple trees in my backyard too. They are very pretty! I guess you could say we like trees at my house, LOL!! We have a Red Maple, a Poplar, a Weeping Cherry, an Elm, 3 Spruces, a Chinese Dogwood(with my Chinese Dog buried under it), a Japanese Maple(another favorite) and a Crab Apple.

Last edited by Beemer; 03-14-2009 at 09:12 PM. Reason: forgot something
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:12 PM   #98  
Ready to hit the beach!

Here goes!

1. Hawaii, l can only imagine how beautiful it must look in person.

2. I am seriously considering having the spider veins on my legs removed!

3. Dogwood. I love the blooms!
Old 03-14-2009, 10:53 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Hi Tanya! i am a newbie here too!

Good Questions Hattie!

State... Alaska, Wyoming, Montana or Hawaii... been everywhere else!lol Why? because all of them have such a beauty to them that is quickly disappearing.

How will I celebrate my goal? I am going to do stand up Comedy at an open mike night!

Favorite Tree... Magnolia... Japanese Maple... Blue Spruce...

I love trees in general... I love all of them!!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:19 AM   #100  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Weekends are busy but I just had to take a minute to check in.

Welcome to the group Tanya, I have found the ladies over here very supportive. We have a great time checking in and getting to know each other.

Count me in for Alaska but I want to make it a late fall or early spring trip(considered winter every place else in the world) for the Aurora Borealis.

I don't really have any plans; for me "goal" is just a number. The real celebration/reward is in the now; being active and enjoying life again.

Ditto what Hatti & Beemer said. I love a Weeping Willow; however, an Orange tree in full bloom is a very close second.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:56 PM   #101  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Tanya - welcome! Lots of collaborative wisdom here!

Next state to visit - either Hawaii or Arizona - to see something completely different from Michigan.

Celebrating the goal: Just a smidge of cosmetic work - remove a couple of blotches that remained from being pregnant. Won't be cheap... but I want to get them gone!

Favorite tree - I love a big sugar maple. In the fall in Michigan, they look like a flame on a stick with their oranges, yellows and reds. Just awesome!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:14 AM   #102  
Tanya

S/C/G: 262/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for all the warm welcomes...looking forward to getting to know everyone here!!

Beemer Thanks for the info on the Pres. Challenge a few posts ago. I am leaving for a visit to my sister and her family in CA today and I can't wait to show it to my nieces. They are going to love it and it will be so much fun to challenge each other while I am there.

Questions

I would love to go to Alaska and Hawaii. We have plans for Hawaii next year but don't know when we will get to Alaska.

My ultimate goal reward will be plastic surgery. I have already had the consultation and am just waiting for 150 LBS to actually schedule the procedure. At least part of mine will be paid for by insurance (breast), the tummy is questionable... I have a lot of excess skin and my clothes just would fit so much better without it. I recently went shopping for new bras...I tried on 42 different bras on 3 different shopping trips and ended up with just ONE bra that fit. It was horrid!

I don't really have a fav tree as I barely know which tree is which. A few summers ago we spent a girls week at my aunt's cabin in NH. It was a big joke that I had to be able to identify 3 species of trees by the end of the week. (I did succeed but now I can't even remember what they were!!)

HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY
TSap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:56 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Happy Monday Morning,

Beautiful here... for this time of year considering the winter we have had!

Still cold tho... only 38 right now..won't hit 50...

Hope everyone has a great day.

And I'll start off the 3 Questions for the week.

1/ Do you have pets and what kind if you do?

I have an 11 year old Jack Russell Terrier, a 12 Year old Doberman, a siamese cat named Chula, a fish, and a horse.

2/ If someone were to give you flowers, what kind would they be.

I love Fresias. To me they smell like tea with cream and sugar in them.

3/ What is your favorite season and why?

Spring has to be my favorite because of the warm breezes and flowers and the blossoming fruit trees. I live in a fruit belt area so around late May when all the fruit trees are blossoming, I get out and ride my horse through the orchards and love the smell of the flowers.

Fall is my second because the temps are cooling and the trees are changing colors. And I love to ride my horse through the vineyards and smell the ripe grapes.

See everyone tomorrow!! Have a great day!!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:23 AM   #104  
Ready to hit the beach!

I'm expecting warmer days here this week. It will be nice to be outside!

1. We have a beagle border collie mix and a dwarf hamster. My kids are really pushing for another dog but I'm holding firm right now!

2. I like a bouquet of mixed cut flowers. My husband gave me some for my birthday that lasted 3 weeks! I really like fresh flowers in the winter because they remind me of spring!

3. I love summer! I like being at the pool and all of the summer fruit! I also like that the days are longer.

Thanks for the new questions Hotsplashes!
Old 03-16-2009, 03:23 PM   #105  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

1. We have a cat (Magic Milkshake), 2 fire belly toads (Fire Flyer and Blazer), and one hermit crab (whose name I forget).

2. I don't have a favorite cut flower... and I almost never receive flowers. Although someone gave me a bouquet of yellow lilies a couple weeks back that were really lovely. Oh, wait, I know -- my favorite is a big bouquet of tulips!

3. Spring to early summer. I love the emergence of all the flowers. I've got a few crocuses up already, the daffodils are 2 - 3" out of the ground, and the lilies are just beginning to emerge.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote