Old 03-06-2009, 02:14 PM   #46  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Mack and I are getting ready to go out but I wanted to post a picture of my fur babies. I'll come back and tell you all about them.

Scooter - Tucker - Hogan - Tyra - Luke

CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:28 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Cruisecat: They are gorgeous. What are they? I wish I could have 100 dogs! I love them!! We have two rotties, a cat, and 10 hermit crabs.
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:49 PM   #48  

Height: 5'5"

CruiseCAT: They are all beautiful! The one in the middle, Hogan I assume, is just stunning. Such a gorgeous face. I was just dreaming today about how I'd like another dog. We have a yellow lab but I would love a little lap dog. Of course, my 100 lb. lab thinks he is a lap dog but I am looking for one I can pick up and carry around. Thanks for posting that picture...it is great! And, how did you get them all to sit still like that?
Lessofmaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:06 PM   #49  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

CruiseCAT, roasted brussel sprouts are wonderful! And your dogs are gorgeous!

We've got a cat, 2 fire-bellied toads, and 1 hermit crab. I'd have more cats if I could but my husband and youngest son are both allergic...
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:09 AM   #50  

Talking

newleaf: One hermit crab? You have to get one more. They need company. LOL

Cruisecat: How did you get them all to pose like that? One of my dogs always closes his eyes for pics.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:46 AM   #51  
Eat Less Move More

OK... the truth of the matter is I take 100's of pictures and every now and then I get lucky. Here are a few outtakes.

You can really see their personalities in the above pictures. Tucker being the obedient one wishing everyone else would get it together. Tyra, getting annoyed (in the second one you can just hear "he's touching me"). Scooter having a manic day (obsessively licking on Hogan, rolling on his back in his own little world and that last picture... just look at the smile). Hogan the little lover wanting to cuddle (doesn't matter with who). Luke being skittish cause he's just not right in the head.

For the most part they are all very good dogs. Hogan, who is 10 months is the most trying (hard headed and won't stay off the furniture). My girl friend has labs and that has always been the excuse for their out of control behaviour; I'm finally buying into it. Tyra is my alpha and does an excellent and fair job keeping her boys in line. She is also a (READ)therapy dog.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:55 AM   #52  
Learning to fly

S/C/G: 249/198/150

Height: 5`4.5

Aww- they are sweet. We just have 1 cocker spaniel. Thats enough though- lol.
elfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:12 AM   #53  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

CruiseCAT- LOL! Thanks for the outtakes! Anyone who has a dog can appreciate your insightful comments about their behavior! We have a dog and a hamster. Also had hermit crabs several years ago, 6 or 7 over the course of a couple of years! Pets are great!

Great weather here in the midwest. Got up and walked outside this morning. Felt so much better than the treadmill and alot less boring! I have been struggling the last few weeks with focus, but had a good day Thurs. and Friday so hopefully I am back on the right track. My weigh in this am showed a gain of 1. I'll take that and be grateful that was all it was and look forward to a loss next week!

Here's 3 more questions:

Any vacation plans chicks? We are planning a trip to the Florida panhandle.

Read any good books? Read Fat A**ed by Jeannette Fulda, very inspiring for anyone trying to lose weight.

Favorite low cal snack? Black bean corn salsa with Trader Joe's baked blue tortilla chips!

Have a great weekend?
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:52 AM   #54  
Heidi

Hattie - we heard that saying that they needed company, but we had 2 and they both buried themselves. So we got a 3rd and it buried itself, too!! Not so much fun, taking care of what appears to be an empty tank... 2 died, and now there's just the one guy left.

CruiseCAT - those out-take shots sure make you appreciate the one beautiful shot more! The dogs look like a lot of fun... Although I can't imagine having 5 dogs. Growing up we had 3 big dogs, and that was a lot!

OnMyWay - good for you for getting out early today! It's warm and wonderful here, too (Western PA) and we're thinking about taking the family out for a bike ride.

1. Vacation plans: Sanibel, FL in a couple weeks for a long weekend. I'm going with my sister to visit my parents to celebrate my mother's 70th birthday. Sanibel again in early July; I'm taking the boys for a week to visit their grandparents. My husband might join us for a weekend, but it's too early to know. Virginia for a week in late July (all 4 of us) - we've rented a house on the edge of the Shenandoah forest for a week. My mother-in-law might join us for some or all of the time but I don't know yet.

2. Books. Right now I'm reading Seabiscuit -- that book that came out many years back about the race horse that everyone followed during the Depression. Very interesting; I'm enjoying it.

3. Favorite low cal snack. I usually grab a banana, some grapes, or some raw vegetables. If I'm still feeling hungry, then I'll add in a small handful of nuts (not low cal, but satisfying and still healthy). If I'm just feeling snacky but am not actually hungry, I brew myself a pot of tea and enjoy that instead.

Last edited by newleaf123; 03-07-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #55  
Eat Less Move More

Any vacation plans chicks? I will be visiting the kids (son, DIL, grandbaby) in Myrtle Beach at the end of April with a side trip to Williamsburg for a few days. Thanksgiving I will again return to MB with a side trip to Orlando for a week of family fun. We've rented a house for the 10 of us. April 2010 I'm doing Hawaii with my two sisters. We love to travel and I'm sure there will be a deal or two that I won't be able to pass up.

Read any good books? I currently have three going; Skinny *****, The Metabolic Typing Diet, and Where the Sky is Born (about buying land, building & moving to Mexico)

Favorite low cal snack? I'm loving my roasted veggies; especially the brussel sprouts and green beans.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:48 PM   #56  
Heidi

I got my ticker!!
Old 03-08-2009, 10:26 AM   #57  

Talking

Newleaf: Congrats on the ticker! I remember when I first got mine, I think I announced it too! When I first joined..I thought I wouldn't want to post my weight. I jumped in and started having fun. Congrats!

Cruisecat: OMG!!! Love the pics! I was I still can't believe you got that beautiful shot! Your dogs are awesome and they make me want more.

Any vacation plans chicks? We have a house on a lake and we will be spending vacation there. I love it but kind of wish we could go somewhere exotic. Maybe when the economy gets better...if it ever does!

Read any good books? I am reading "The hour I first believed" Pretty good so far.

Favorite low cal snack? Right now it is a Kashi Blackberry cereal bar. I love natural peanut butter on celery though.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 03-08-2009, 10:43 AM   #58  
Heidi

Hattie - I think you "have" to announce it because the only way to see how it looks in a post is to post a post! LOL It doesn't show up retroactively in past posts...

CruiseCAT - that is so neat that you have a grandchild!! How cool! That's a milestone that is at least 15 years away for me...

Everyone - I had a depressing day yesterday. I'm going to Florida a week from Thursday and have been waiting until the last minute to try on my capris to see how they fit. Well, I got the urge to try those and my shorts on yesterday, feeling good about having lost 5.5 lbs, and was so depressed to find out that they fit. It's going to take losing 15 lbs (!!) before things that used to fit don't fit anymore... and being only 5 lbs down that path, that's depressing. I hate the number I'm at right now, even though mentally I know my loss is good, that it's real weight, not water weight, and that I'm going to have to traverse through each horrid number on the scale before I get somewhere that I feel remotely good about.

Why did I let myself pack on all this weight again???

But I'm over it today (I hope!) and am working again towards taking it all off, one jellybean (one of my downfalls) at a time...

Last edited by newleaf123; 03-08-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:57 AM   #59  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Newleaf, first off, congrats on the ticker. It's fun to see your progress! Don't worry about the clothes. Just think of what you are saving by not having to buy new stuff yet! LOL By summer you will need a new wardrobe. Just keep doing what you are doing!

Pretty good weekend so far. Hope everyone is doing well! Keep up the good work!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #60  
Eat Less Move More

Heidi - Love the new ticker!!! I too was excited when I got mine.

I can relate to putting weight on again and again. Since moving to California in 2002 my weight and yo yo'd from 149 - 193. I was 149 back in Oct. 2007 so being 25 lbs. down now just isn't that exciting. Yes the weight is coming off but it has so many times before. I'm really looking forward to getting to 148, a weight that I have not been since living in California.

My son Karl married his high school sweetheart Brooke three years after graduation, in 2005. It's nice to finally have a daughter; she is a wonderful young lady. Noah turned a year old in January and is the spitting image of Karl. I love being "mema" I just wish I lived closer to them.

Hattie - I love all our dogs but if I had to do it over I don't think I would have five. It's made vacationing very difficult. Mack and I went three years without vacationing together and then his mother moved in with us for 18 months and we made up for loss time. She moved out in November and we are back to vacationing separately; at least until Tucker is gone.

OMW - I am so ready to move my walks/runs outdoors. I used the MapMyRun for a 5K and Mack and I are going to walk that today. I hope to start running it tomorrow.