Yippie, I started the treadmill.

• I started the treadmill and have done it two days in a row, which is really good for me. Started yesterday with 15 minutes and today was 16 minutes, my goal is to work my way up to an hour by February 16th.

Usually when I start anything I go full blast in the beginning and then burn myself out, this time I have decided to start slow and take my time.
  • I love my treadmill! It's so nice to exercise at home, especially now when it is so cold here!!! Keep up the good work!
  • Way to go!! That is the best way to do it, starting slow. I did the same thing back in November with my treadmill and am now up to 2.25 miles. I walk .25 miles briskly, run .75 miles, walk .25 miles briskly, run .75 miles, and then end on walking .25 miles until I am slowly cooling down. I never in a million years thought I could be a runner but it isn't too bad and seems to really help tone and get the weight off. Walking is great too! Good luck in your venture!!
  • Way to go, jademarlene!! It reminds me of the song from Biggest Loser: "What have you done today to make yourself feel proud?"

Don't you feel GREAT?

Today I'm re-starting my Turbo Jam series, and I look forward to feeling great, too.

Go us!
  • Way to go JadeMarlene! And a goal with it. WONDERFUL!!!
  • I agree, start slow and work up. I LOVE my treadmill! I started with several different 30 minute workouts and moved up to 45 minutes. So far I've managed to do an hour twice and I want to continue doing hour-long workouts (I love seeing how many calories I've burned). I'm also thinking of adding a second, night time workout to the routine.
  • build a habit...literally one step at a time.
  • jademarlene, great job!
    I have been meaning to start my treadmill for 3 weeks now but I always find an excuse. You have motivated me and I'm starting tomorrow!
  • WTG Jade!

Love my treadmill too, although I rather walk outdoors when its nice outside.

KUTGW!
  • Thank you all for encouragement. I am up to 20 minutes, I now look forward to getting on the treadmill to see if I can add any and get closer to my goal. If someone had told me just 2 weeks ago that I would enjoy the treadmill I would have told them they were out of their minds.

Go for it Lily
  • Way To Go JadeMarlene
    I think it is fantastic you have set yourself a goal. I purchased an elliptical machine Wednesday night and my goal is to be active every day, even if its just for 15 minutes. I worked on it Wednesday, Thursday and then went bowling Friday night for a couple of hours. I figured bowling is an activity because I certianly felt it yesterday morning. I went shopping yesterday and did a lot of walking so there was my activity, especially since I hate shopping.! LOL I am gonna get back on the machine tonite, I started at 10 minutes, went to 15 and my goal is 20 tonite. I would like to be up to an hour by Valentines day! Good luck on your adventure, I know you can do it! Huggers!!
  • Quote: I think it is fantastic you have set yourself a goal. I purchased an elliptical machine Wednesday night

Ooooh, what kind of elliptical did you get? I'm getting ready to take the plunge.
  • I went to Academy Sports and found one that actually a dual purpose. Its by Body Champ and you can sit down and use it as a bicycle or stand up and use the elliptical, it was $199.00 and I had to put it together, which was an exercise in itself but well worth it! Good luck! Huggers!!
  • I've been using the TM since I started OP back in December. It really does become habit. I have missed three days and on those days I just felt "off" (and guilty).
  • I don't think I could live without my treadmill. I'm just not one of these people that can get up and go for a walk outside when there's snow up to my waist and the temperature's frigid!

With the treadmill, it's right in my home, and I have no excuses!