A Proud Moment

• This isn't a huge deal but I wanted to share it with you all anyway. I couldn't find the non-scale victories thread again.....I'm new here and not very good with finding things yet.

However yesterday, I put on a bathing suit for the first time in 15 years, to go to an Aquafit class. I was very nervous, and for years now I've managed to let my insecurity about how I look in a bathing suit stop me from exercise and fun in the pool. And I always liked swimming.

Anyway, I had a blast, got some great exercise, and now I feel like nothing's going to stop me, even if I do look like a pasty whale in my suit! You know what? Nobody was looking at me anyway! (Except maybe the lifeguard, a couple of times, to see if I was going under during the workout!)
  • Way to go Okpik! Keep it up! I also love being in the pool. It's great exercise and good for you joints! Hope to hear more about your success!
  • Awesome job!!!! Isn't if funny that we are certain that other people are looking at us when they totally couldn't care less??

You keep and in that pool girly!!!
  • Celebrate EVERY success! Confidence begets confidence...and you had fun too!
    Way to go!
  • WTG!!!Thats great!
  • thanks to all of you for the kind words!
  • Way To Go
    Congratulations okpik, the hardest things to do sometimes is facing your fears. I would love to get back into water aerobics or water kickboxing. They were the first workouts I was able to do that didn't hurt my joints or make my back hurt during workout. They are so fun to do because I really love water. Keep it up hun, hopefully soon I will get off my tush and start doing some workouts myself! Huggers!
  • and it is a HUGE deal..
  • Kudos for facing and overcoming your fears - good for you!