Old 01-24-2009, 01:46 PM   #16  
Learning to fly

S/C/G: 249/198/150

Height: 5`4.5

I weigh in every day on my WII, but my official weigh in is biweekly at the gym.
Terry
elfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:58 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 253.6/246.6/130

Height: 5' 3"

I have done the daily weigh-in thing but it can make me crazy, especially if the scale is up, which often is just period bloat or too much salt the day before or not enough water. So I'm trying just the once a week weigh-in now, which is on Thursdays.

I'm trying not to have an unhealthy obsession with the scale.....!
Okpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:20 AM   #18  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

I weigh in daily and created a spreadsheet with tons of my info on it. I have it calculated to do a running 10 day average. As long as that average is going down I am good with daily fluctuations. I am sorta weird that my period doesn't seem to mess with the scale. It is ovulation that throws me off. I have very irregular cycles but I can look at my weights and see that a gain very possibly has to do with ovulation or sodium.

Last edited by zinkemomx2; 02-01-2009 at 10:23 AM.
zinkemomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:03 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 196/196/185

Height: 5'3"

I weigh in every morning after I wake up; it is one of the tools I use to stay on track with what I am eating. If it seems to be going too high, I rein myself in and watch what I eat more so.

Daily tracking sounds like a good idea, and I am going to incorporate that into daily food tracking over at fitday.com. It will be interesting to see if any patterns start to emerge.
theloula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:06 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 253.6/246.6/130

Height: 5' 3"

Wow, that's ambitious, zinkemomx2! I wish I had the patience to do that. But you're right, the daily weigh-in does give you more insight into your body's natural fluctuations.
Okpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:36 PM   #21  
Terminating Cellulite

S/C/G: 211.5 / See Ticker / 150 140

Height: 5' 7"

I try to weigh myself only on Mondays and Fridays - hoping for a big change on those days... but if I don't see a lower number, I tend to step on it every day of the week yelling "Move, you darn needle!" {sigh}
Sarah C0nn0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 273

Once a month. I lost 70lbs before and was a scale junkie...I decided this time..I am just going to get on enjoying life ,,eat and try to get some kind of fun exercise and not worry about it so much. I just got burned out last time.

So far so good weighed yesterday at nutritionist office....13lbs gone this month.
epiphany4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 205/200/160

Height: 5'6"

I find that weighin in too often can put undue stress on me....so I will do it once per week or every 2 weeks. I try and go by how my clothes feel...not the stretchy ones though!!
fitredchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:04 AM   #24  

i weigh myself daily but do feel a little down when the scale hops up or stays the same. it creates a lot of anxiety for me. i'm thinking the Wednesday thing sounds pretty good.
luvmyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:09 AM   #25  

morning, ladies!
I do think the constant weighing can be harmful!! Yesterday, I weighed myself when I got home from work and freaked out because the scale was 3 pounds heavier. Well, that's just self-torture because it was 1. the end of the day 2. that time of month!! This morning, I'm down again. I'm a smart lady and should know better than this!!! So today, I resolve to NEVER weigh more than once daily and I'll even try to do it every other day -- not worth the distress:

luvmyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:34 PM   #26  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

I'm a daily weigher - same time, same conditions. I made my "official" count day on Monday, though, to help me be mindful during the weekend.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:49 PM   #27  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I've learned pretty much to not let the scale or a size define me. Since I'm not a "bad person" even if my weight goes up, the scale has lost it's evil power over me. It's just a tool, and if I use it only as a tool, I have power over it. It's sometimes hard to remember that it has no power over me that I don't give it.

I do have to be careful not to use it improperly. It's easy when the scale goes down more than I expected to be tempted to be less vigilant with my food and exercise. It's easy when the scale goes up more than I expected to not to get discouraged. But those feelings are because I'm misusing the tool, not because of the tool itself.

Daily works best for me, because I've incorporated it into my daily routine. It's like brushing my teeth. And I can say that weighing daily does seem to help keep me from backsliding. If I'm not weighing daily, I also tend to be not using my food journal and exchange plan. They tie together for me.

I think it is essential to find what works best for you, but sometimes you've got to experiment to find out what is best. You might have a gut feeling, but you might also learn something about yourself by trying it a different way. There were times in my life when getting on the scale at all was a very bad idea, because the scale was more a torture device than a tool, but I had to learn that it wasn't the scale it was me. I was torturing myself, and I had to learn to stop.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:31 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

im a scale junkie... there ive said it! lol... i weigh every mornin after i go to the bathroom.... go about my day... and before i go to bed, i go to the bathroom and weigh again... i chart it in my journal, and i can tell when im gonna lose or gain the night b4. i got down to 2-3 lbs within my goal weight a few years ago, and i did this religiously. it works for me. i couldnt handle the once a week thing, i need to know if ive messed up or if ive done good. i know how my body works now, i know that after supper im gonna be 3 lbs heavier than i was in the morning, but i also know that everything i ate and drank all day does weigh something so i dont get freaked out by it. soome people can live with the once a week... i cant lol...

stacy xx
dreaminstacy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:37 PM   #29  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingitandlosingitwell View Post
i weigh every morning, clothes off, right after i wake up / use the bathroom. on another thread, someone posted a link to the site, physicsdiet.com. it's cool because you can log your weight each day, and, as the site owner says, "see through all the noise to your actual progress." (i'm paraphrasing a bit...) it helps to see the average instead of the spikes here and there.

i didn't step on a scale or put on my jeans in 9 months and managed to put on 75 pounds. i honestly believe this has a little bit to do with not getting that reality check (omg, my jeans won't zip!) and as long as you treat it like brushing your teeth and don't obsess over it, a scale can be a helpful tool.

Exactamundo..........that's is my morning routine also. I think it also helps to just get it out of the way & deal w/ whatever the results are.

I remember when I used to WI weekly at a center. I was so psycho about it, even if I couldn't get to a meeting until 6 pm. I would not eat or drink anything in hopes of having a big loss. How unhealthy.

I've had much better success w/ my daily WI at home. The scale is a very important tool for me. It shows me when I need to lay off the salt, pay more attention to nutrition, drink more water, eat more fiber or whole foods etc. I fluctuate like crazy during the week but I have learned that certain foods or meals usually result in a good WI the next day. I also want to nip any “mistakes” in the bud before they become real issues w/ my weight loss. It’s all been very enlightening.

I will admit, it’s no fun getting on the scale the morning after a “bad” food day, but I do it anyway, own it & move on. It all evens out
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:14 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 199/199/174

Height: 5'-11"

I weigh pretty much every day. My "official" weigh-in day for myself is on Mondays, but the scale is right there and I can't help but check it before getting into the shower each morning.
juls64 is offline   Reply With Quote