• First name: Beni

Geographical location: UK

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: 9 and 4

Pets: cat and fish

Hobbies/Interests: many

Height: 5'2''

Eye/Hair Color: brown / brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: wow... hmmm.. 6 weeks ago as a newstart

Starting Weight: 214.5 lbs

Goal Weight: 132 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: my inner "swine-dog"

Following any specific plan: eating everything, but watch quantity and quality

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: use a calorie counting software

Anything else you would like to share with us: I started to do regular walking and once a day yoga
    I started a weight loss diary in form of a blog, as soon as I am qualified, I will be able to let you have a peek onto it
  • First name: Jan

Geographical location: New England

Marital Status: Divorced

Pets: Spoiled princess of a dog that fortunately loves being outside

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Crocheting, Keeping up with current events in world, Learning new things.

Height: 5' 3"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 3-Oct-2010 (for the umpteenth time)

Starting Weight: 172lb

Goal Weight: 130lb

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying away from junk food.

Following any specific plan: Not really, just whole foods with lean proteins, grains, and lots of veggies/fruit.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: High blood pressure along with other ailments run in my family and since I'm not getting any younger, it's time to make some lifestyle changes that will become routine/habits.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm looking forward to becoming part of this community, contributing where I can, and asking for help when I start to drift off my personal target. (any retired drill Sergent's here that are willing to yell when I need it? kidding.... sort of...)
  • First name: They've been calling me JSW and I like that.

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Two girls ages 11 and 4

Pets: An orange tabby and a golden retriever

Hobbies/Interests: camping, reading, digital scrapbooking

Height: 5' 2"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: October 11

Starting Weight: 180

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I just need to stick to it. I also have a weakness for fast food and chips, but the real problem is simply eating too much of everything!

Following any specific plan: Yeah. I've got a 1 week plan to get a jump-start on things, and then I'll be doing an older version of Weight Watchers. I've also decided to cut down on carbs and see how that goes, but I don't have any real plan for doing that. Oh, and I plan to do a lot of walking, some dance aerobics and just being more active in general.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
    Well isn't the presumptuous? What makes you all think I've done this before? Okay, you got me. I've tried many, many, many times before. I guess the 3 things that make this time different are: #1 my sis and I are competing to see who can lose the most weight by Jan 1. I'm going to lose, because my sister drops weight quickly and I lose it so slowly, but I figure I'll still be a winner if I lose any weight at all. I have a bit of a competitive streak, so I think this will be a good motivator for me. #2 I started blogging. They say it's good to keep a journal. #3 I'm a stress eater and I have no other major responsibilities right now and nothing stressing me out. (Well, actually something just came up, but there's still hope it will turn out to be nothing.)

Anything else you would like to share with us:
    If I think of anything, I'll let you know.
  • Name: Cam

Divorced(TG!): in love with G

Children: Twin sons 24 and daughter 23

Pets: 3 dogs

Hobbies: Traveling, reading and enjoying life!

Height: 5'6"

Starting (again)weight: 210.1

Goal: anything under 175

Biggest Hurdle: Being fixated with the numbers on the scale or a size in clothing

Plan: Eating Intuitively/limiting refined carbs/removing HFCS/eating more whole foods

Different this time: Taking Cell Biology and Nutrition in college. Learning a lot about food and calories, HFCS, 'franken-foods' and additives. FDA not good! There are a TON of loop holes in the food labeling system.

Share with 3FC: I was a member of this site a few years ago and truly enjoyed it. I joined WW but have had a lot of trouble with them pushing 'franken-foods' on their members. Franken-foods actually came from this website and I have the term now for years. Its the fat out/chemical in/high-fructose-corn-syrup/all kinds of additives food that is on the market today. I am NOT a health nut, nor will I ever be. I LOVE LOVE love my sweets too much.I just want to get to a healthy weight and stop obsessing over food.
  • First name: Liz

Geographical location: Boston

Marital Status: divorced

Children/Ages: 20,18,15, 13

Pets:

Hobbies/Interests: cooking, entertaining, decorating

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color:

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: today! 10/31/10

Starting Weight:179.6

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: sticking with it and exercise

Following any specific plan: weight watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: End of my rope. Just can't keep losing and gaining the same 5 lbs. forever.

• First name: Theresa

Geographical location: Chicago suburbs

Marital Status: happily married

Children/Ages: 3 girls; 24, 20 & 15

Pets: cat named Gracie who is also overweight

Hobbies/Interests: golf

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 11/8/2010

Starting Weight: 223

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: drive-thru lunches

Following any specific plan: The Belly Fat Cure

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I have my health in mind more than my looks

Anything else you would like to share with us: Hubby is on this journey with me
  • My bio (I'm new)
    First name: Diana

Geographical location: PA

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: 2, ages 13 and 17

Pets: 3 dogs, 1 turtle

Hobbies/Interests: reading, gardening, spending time with family, friends and pets is always first!

Height:5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/auburn

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 1, 2010

Starting Weight: 241

Goal Weight: 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love sweets and carbs!

Following any specific plan: no- just my plan

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: whole family is getting healthier
  • First name: Robin

Geographical location: Illinois

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 2 sons 24 and 18

Pets: Sheltie (Name: Ginger)

Hobbies/Interests: Gardening, Reading, Puzzles, Walking, Bicycling

Height: 5"4

Eye/Hair Color: Brown and Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 6/13/2010

Starting Weight:218.2

Goal Weight:145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Losing the weight and keeping it off.

Following any specific plan: I am in TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: harder to lose for one thing. The older I get the harder it is.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I signed up for a local Biggest Loser Challenge and I intend to win. It started November 8 to last weigh-in Feb. 26.:
  • First name: Terri

Geographical location: Ontario

Marital Status:Married 18 years

Children/Ages: 24 and 11

Pets: 2 cats but would love another dog

Hobbies/Interests: reading

Height: 5.2.5

Eye/Hair Color: blue, chesnut brown (just coloured it)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:Which time?

Starting Weight:189

Goal Weight:145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:giving up wine chocolate/moving my butt

Following any specific plan:see above

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:determination! I will do it!
  • Introducing Myself
    First name: Rhonda

Geographical location: Twain Harte, CA

Marital Status: Very Married

Children/Ages: 2 girls, 12 and 18

Pets: 2 dogs, Duchess- Springer Spaniel, Feather -Jack Russell Terrier (BLIND) and one Kitty, Poppers -Maine coon, does a fish count? I have a beta

Hobbies/Interests:Love to take pictures, I have skills. Cooking, and right now, seems household organization

Height:5

Eye/Hair Color:green

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:06/05/2010

Starting Weight:227

Goal Weight:135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: The WEIGHT~ - I have Lupus, a fractured back and activity is limited. I am using my home to gain movement in my life. I will eventually start to swim but the fracture is holding me back. I am doing better though, I had 4 fractures to start a little over a year ago. So one fracture left to heal. Have some disc problems. Swimming will be a good exercise for me once it all heals.

Following any specific plan: Went from full blown vegan, to Low Carb. Doctor's orders. Lupus patients cannot handle many vegetables.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:My heart depends on it. Quit smoking too~

Anything else you would like to share with us: My daily life and emotional balance is directly proportional to my health. If my hands are swollen and blue, I typically am feeling pretty lousy. Today I feel pretty good, not 100%, but good. There is the lighter side
    Let's see... Here is the not so light side
    I do not have the support at home that I need in any form. I have the friends that tell me I look good at my weight and don't need to lose a pound when they are a size 2. I have the hubby who will eat junk food in front of me. It is rather strange for me to see all this now. I am dealing with it on a day by day basis. I am sick of cooking 2 separate dinners a night. Sorry about the rant. This is where I am at.

NICE TO MEET YOU ALL
  • Whoa, here goes...

First name: Mirjam, but everyone (including you) can call me Mirj

Geographical location: Israel

Marital Status: Married for the 2nd time around, 5 1/2 years

Children/Ages: We have 8 together, 26, 26, 25, 25, 21, 21, 19 and 12

Pets: one very geriatric and farting dog, total mutt mix

Hobbies/Interests: Cooking (feeding), knitting, crocheting, blogging

Height: I used to be 5'6", but I think I shrank an inch...

Eye/Hair Color: Eyes are always dark brown, these days my hair is a wine-colored brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 19th, 2010, yesterday!

Starting Weight: I think in kilos and grams, but in pounds it's 172.7

Goal Weight: 143

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I have no willpower when it comes to eating

Following any specific plan: Whole foods and real foods

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I am doing it for health, not for looks or to fit into anything special, but that would be nice too...

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love to feed people, it's a wicked habit.
  • Hello,
    First name: Joanna

Geographical location:Northern Ontario

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages: Daughter /27

Pets: 5 dogs

Hobbies/Interests: Dogs, cooking

Eye/Hair Color: green/blond

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: this time around it is January 2nd 2011

Starting Weight: 148

Goal Weight: 128

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: eating to fast

Following any specific plan: Sonoma

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
    added need to be lighter - just diagnosed with RA

I am touched by so many success stories on 3FC that I know, I'm in great company, and this time I will be wiser then ever and reach out for help and support.
  • First name: Rena

Geographical location: Denver, CO

Marital Status: Single (Divorced)

Children/Ages: Daughter (aka Monkey)/3 YO

Pets: none...Unless you count my Monkey

Hobbies/Interests: For the time being: Variety of Podcasts [workplace is quiet and focused attention needed, I found that short stories quiet the mind]

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: For purposes of this forum I will state 12/3/10. Had been on a good run from 2/10 to 9/10- lost 40 then gained 20 back.

Starting Weight: 209

Goal Weight:160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Binge eating when bored, emotional, tired, feeling unloved.

Following any specific plan: Food Diary/Calorie counting, lots of walking, spice it up with occassional bursts of 5 minutes stuff[ push ups, sit-ups, yoga etc]

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: In the big picture I am trending down slowly. Weigh less then I did a year ago. Lots of foods no longer 'soothe'

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have been a long time lurker (2007). I am always encouraged and always send out positive thoughts to my fellow journeyers although I may not physically post. Just trying to figure out what it is all about-mommyhood,womanhood, fitness-hood.
  • First name: River

Geographical location: Nova Scotia Canada

Marital Status: Married 20 years

Children/Ages: nope

Pets: 2 Portuguese Water Dogs, Hawkeye and River

Hobbies/Interests: Great food and drinks, Travel, Sports, Yoga, Movies, Books, Music

Height: 5'9 1/2"

Eye/Hair Color: greenblue/blondebrown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Since prehistoric ages

Starting Weight: which one?

Goal Weight: 144

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Love of gourmet food and wine

Following any specific plan: weight watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: much less stress and more time for fresh prepared food and exercise

Anything else you would like to share with us: good karma to all!
  • --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First name: Beth

Geographical location: Florida

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: love college football (Roll Tide), used to enjoy playing softball and volleyball (hoping to start up again)

Height: 5'1"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Reddish Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/6/2011 (this time)

Starting Weight: 220

Present Weight: 220

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: boredome and frustration

Following any specific plan: starting Weight Watchers tomorrow.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm committed to trying everyday. I didn't put it on overnight so I have to be patient with myself and know it won't come off overnight. It's been tough the past 3 years to take it off. I quit smoking in January 07 and the lbs. snuck up on me.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am getting married this year. The date depends on when I feel sexy!