New 40-something

• Hello all,

I'm 40-something and new to the forum. I am just beginning my weight-loss journey. I've enjoyed reading the posts and share alot of the same issues.

Jane
  • Welcome!
    You've come to the right place. These boards are a great resource and inspiration to anyone that wants to lose weight.

C
  • Good to meet you Jane.
    I'm new here too and very excited to be here.
    Good Luck!
    Rose
  • Hi Jane!!
    Terry
  • Hello Jane, C, Rose, and Terry,
    This is my second day and second post on 3 fat chicks. I decided to begin this weight loss journey before the new year. After exercising the last two days I woke up this morning feeling like one big blob of inflammation. Even my fat hurt! I am looking forward to participating in this forum.
  • Hang in there Poaytail. It will take a bit for your body to adjust to a new routine, especially if you are not used to exercising. Stick with it, you are worth it!

C
  • Aww Pony- take a nice hot bath and soak. You`ll feel better.
    Terry
  • I know it will get better....must have felt like whining. What are your favorite forums and why?
  • This is the only one I go to right now.
    Terry
  • Just slipping in to wave to the new folks.

You're gonna love this place!
  • I have checked out a few other forums but not posted too often yet. Today I am going to weigh myself...have not done so for a month. I might as well know what the dreaded starting weight is so I can finish filling out the member profile. I froze individual bing cherries yesterday for a quick, healthy, something to grab. I've read that others do this with grapes.
  • Yep- get weighed in before you lose much! Then the numbers will feel better when its going down-lol.
    BFF's Getting Healthy is the thread we chat in all the time- still in this folder. Hop in- everyone is so friendly!
    How were the frozen cherries? Sounds good! I ate frozen grapes back when I was carrying ds #2.
    Have a great day!
    Terry