3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   Hi! Another new 40-something! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/158063-hi-another-new-40-something.html)

elfinsnow 12-07-2008 09:31 PM

Hi! Another new 40-something!

Hi everyone! I`ve been reading your posts for awhile now, and finally got around to registering myself. So-here I am.
I`m Terry. I am 43, been married forever, mom of 3, (2 in college), professional day trader, part time bookeeper, happy, and in the process of losing a big part of me.
I was a stay at home mom for over 20 yrs when hubby`s partner offered me a job in his office. Took it, love it, but man did sitting all day pack on the lbs! I was already overweight, but this went to extreme.
So- after whining and avoiding mirrors, I noticed one day that a gym opened across the street. Hard to come up with excuses when it`s that close.
So I joined the gym in the end of July.
4 months later I am down 41 lbs and counting. I joined a biggest loser contest 2 months ago, and hubby joined me then. (He`s down 24 lbs in 2 months- yay!) We have 2 months to go in the contest- and we are rocking!
I am exercising daily, watching what I eat, and staying as active as I can. I am so happy with my new attitude, and I havent felt so good in years!
I joined 3fc because, other than hubby, I really don`t have anyone to talk to about losing. I NEED pals! I need ppl to laugh with and share with.

So- here I am!
:P Terry

traveling michele 12-07-2008 09:43 PM

Welcome to 3fc's Terry!
This is a great place!!
I am about your age (41), also been married forever (21 years) and have 2 kids (one in college).
It is nice to finally put myself first after putting my kids first for so many years.
I feel better than I have in forever.
Congratulations on your amazing losses so far!!

marytk 12-10-2008 01:31 PM

Welcome!

cheekiemonkey 12-12-2008 02:50 PM

Congratulations on losing the 41 pounds. You are doing great. I just started and your post inspired me.

elfinsnow 12-12-2008 06:35 PM

Cheekie- That makes me so happy to hear- thank you!! You are going to do great- just hop in and do it.
:) Great to meet ya!
Terry

Kriss 12-17-2008 03:44 AM

Bravo!

Good job on the weight loss. I cant wait till I can say the same. That is such a great motivator for you! I have been to 3fat chicks many times and I love it. I am 41 with three kids 17,8 and5! Married 21 years and have lost and gained so may times! I love feeling fit and slim it is a fabulous feeling. Good luck and keep on doin what your doin!

Forme 12-19-2008 05:38 PM

Wishing you the best of luck. I am going to try and get on each day and read what others are doing. I keep thinking, "This is going to be my year to feel good in my own skin!"