New here

• I am new and am excited to be part of this forum.
    I started my "healthy eating and exercise" in August. I have done it before but I feel that this time it is here to stay. I am trying everything I can to be successful. I am writing everything down that goes into my mouth and am following a 1400 calorie food plan. I searched a couple of food pyramids and am trying to balance my carbs, fats, proteins...etc. The hardest part is that I haven't been able to reach 1400 calories. I am averaging 1200. I get to dinner and I can't seem to eat enough. I think that I am being so careful all day that I can't seem to get high enough for calories for dinner. I eat a lot of veggies and fruit. I am concerned because when I lose weight I know I will have to cut more calories and if I am already low how much lower can I go? I exercise at least 30 min. a day...sometimes 1hr. What do you think? Since Aug. 11th I have lost 15 lbs.
  • Yeah, I always have trouble getting enough calories...NOT! ROFL! Sounds like you are doing so well, and look at your progress, how awesome!

You're fine...don't panic...just keep on keepin' on!!
  • Hi Hattie welcome to the 40 something's.

You're doing really well. Why don't you increase your calories at breakfast? That might help.
  • Thank you for your encouragement. I think the breakfast increase is a good idea. I just get scared that I will go over my allotted calories and not have enough to eat dinner. I am going to try it. Thanks!
    By the way..I am 47, happily married and have two kids (well..not kids anymore- 24 and 23). I have struggled with weight my whole life. I really want to get healthy so that someday I can enjoy grandkids. (not yet though) One more thing I want to share... I bought a leather bracelet and I am putting Pandora type beads on it for each 5lbs I lose. It helps to remind me to be proud of what I am doing and also reminds me not to put unhealthy food in my mouth. Since it is on my wrist, I see it everyday and it is a positive reinforcement. I have three beads so far... a heart, a star and a pretty glass bead.
  • Pop in the chat thread and get to know everyone.

Lots of support.