3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   40's September Chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/150772-40s-september-chatter.html)

suenami 09-05-2008 11:12 PM

Wardhog and sillycat, BIG CONGRATS on reaching your goal! Very excited for you!

I had about five points left today and was soooo hungry, I thought "I have GOT To have something substantial!" I remembered some Klondike bars I'd gotten the other day, supposedly they are lo-cal. I pigged out on five of them and then decided I needed to assess the damage and be honest, so went to the box to read the nutrition info...LOL, only one WW point each! The joke's on me. They are really good though! Got to buy more. Also, I think that since I haven't had anything sweet (except fruit) for 3 weeks, maybe it just seemed good in comparison to raw broccoli ;)

-Susan

dolphinlvr 09-06-2008 12:06 AM

Congrats Wardhog and Sillycat

You two should be so proud of your accomplishment and I know you can maintain. :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3. You motivate me to keep going.:broc:Hopefully by the end of this year I will be at my goal or close to it.

Renee
Great first day, keep it going. You have the right mindset.
Woow to weeks together in Vegas and or LA. I'm jealous. Thanks for the kind words. You know it is funny I have had friends who spent bookoo money on their weddings and are divorced. One couple is still paying it off. To me I rather spend my money on my honeymoon like you two are doing and then throw a big party with friends after the fact.

Lovnmom
Thanks for the great advise you have given me and other newbies. You are an inspiration.

Hi too the rest of you Deb, ShyMoment, Tech and I apologize if I left anyone out.

Hope all of you have an awesome weekend!

Please call me Karen instead of klmetz. I have actually inquired about changing my user name to something that is more me. Hope they will let me.

Karen

clayr 09-06-2008 09:12 AM

Congratulations Wardhog and sillycat! :carrot:

I'm feeling pretty good today, I really want to workout because I know it would help keep the hungries away. I really shouldn't with the picc line in though.

My friends and family have been bringing us dinners since I got out of the hospital, which is so sweet and very helpful. Much of the food has been very comfort oriented though, baked macaroni and cheese and warm brownies, I've overindulged and am feeling a bit lost right now.

sillycat4 09-06-2008 11:30 AM

Guess I liked Wardhog's idea - ate way too much junk

last night..... Today will be a better day. Off to run - shower - pack and head to Portland Or to visit Sister & husband. They will be meeting new boyfriend for the first time...

Should be fun - we are taking the train down and staying in a suite that my sister & husband got me for my birthday going to dinner at a Latin American resteraunt down town.

Hope you all have a good weekend!

C.

dolphinlvr 09-06-2008 11:51 AM

Just checkin in

[
My friends and family have been bringing us dinners since I got out of the hospital, which is so sweet and very helpful. Much of the food has been very comfort oriented though, baked macaroni and cheese and warm brownies, I've overindulged and am feeling a bit lost right now.[/QUOTE]

Clayr

First off :hug:
Glad you are feeling better but sorry to hear you feeling lost right now. It's understandable after the ordeal you have just been through. The most important thing right now is your recovery. The rest will follow. Okay so you over-indulged,,,that's in the past. Today is a new day. Be positive. Some of the posts I have read talk about positive affirmation. Tell your self I will not (fill in the blanks) for instance...tell yourself over and over I will not over-indulge today. Just a thought.

Hang in there and again glad you are feeling better healthwise.

Hi suenami

Glad to see you here. I think I will get some of those Klondike bars. I also found these ice cream bars called skinny dippers made by Skinny cow. They are caramel or vanilla ice cream with chocolate topping. They are yummy. Only 80 calories, 3 grams of fat, 30g sodium, 7 sugars, 11 carbs and 2 fibers.

I am so excited. They let me change my username. It fits me better.

I am going to go take a walk before it gets too hot.

beth4365 09-06-2008 02:01 PM

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say hello.... it's so cool to read about everyone's lives and ups and downs. Somehow it helps me to keep it in perspective.

It's hard for me to join the 'conversation' threads because I sometimes am so busy that I can't make it here for a few days at a time and I'm afraid it'll look like I'm ignoring replies. But, I just wanted to say hello and thank everyone for sharing their lives here.

Best wishes to everyone!

Clydegirl 09-06-2008 04:20 PM

Afternoon girls.

A lovely day here. I love this weather, when it's cooled down to the 70's and I can open all my windows and not run the AC. I always sleep better when the nights are cooler.

We're off to the Cardinals game tonight. This will be our last one this year. We always have a good time at the games. Fingers crossed for a win.

Enjoy the weekend.

PinkyPie 09-07-2008 04:52 AM

HI All
had a bit of a rough day yesterday. am definitely an emotional eater and had a slight binge with some chocolate covered pretzels. We also went out to dinner for my birthday. So my start seems to be a false one.

that's ok though, I kind of knew this would happen - we have the kids with us this weekend and they wanted to celebrate with me, what can you do? I got a special dessert last night from the restaurant and I shared it with everyone, so, while it wasn't within my planned points budget (not after the pretzels anyway), it could have been worse!

my family seems to be busy making breakfast for me now... I'm just going to roll with it. I wish I could counteract some of this stuff with exercise, but with my ankle it's not going to happen.

Hope you all have a great Sunday!

lovnmom 09-07-2008 09:38 AM

Congrats Ward and sillycat!!!

Tech, Great job cleaning out the clutter. It helps with the whole mental aspect of everything. Good for you!!

Karen, the skinny cows sound yummy. Great job getting in that walk!

Clayr, It's wonderful that people are helping you through this time. Be nice to yourself and just get better. Wishing you the best.

Beth, Best wishes to you too.

Clyde, Our weather has been lovely as well. I too am enjoying it. Hope the game went your way!

Renee, Sorry to hear you hurt your ankle. Enjoy all that lovin your step children are givin!!!

Had a full day of soccer yesterday that started at 7am and didn't end until 2:30pm. All the kids either won or tied and both boys made goals. I've been on our soccer board for 10 years so it's just always a huge fun family day. With weather like we had yesterday I couldn't have found a better way to spend it. Ask me again how well I enjoyed it after a Sat. or two spent in rain or snow!!
My exercise is a little behind, but my weight is holding steady yet. That's 6 weeks of maintenance success. Yoo hoo!
Have a blessed Sunday all!

clayr 09-07-2008 09:45 AM

It is beautiful and cool outside today, Hanna rained on us all day yesterday ( much needed rain) but we didn't get the winds, everything seems clean and fresh now.

dolphinlvr- Thanks for the encouragement and hug, it helped me feel much better. I really like being in control of my food preparation and numbers, I really need to allow the bumps to happen without derailing me, it's just part of life.

beth4365- Hi and welcome! :) Yes this moves along I have a hard time keeping up too, just jump in and share.

Hi Clyde, hope your team won

Velveteen- I emotional eat too, that is how I gain, not at dinners or cook-outs. Enjoy your family and the attention, it's just a bump, a happy bump. :)

Slashnl 09-07-2008 10:36 AM

Whew, been a busy weekend for me. Hope everyone is having fun and getting some relaxing in, too.

Had to do some grocery shopping yesterday and I needed to find a new farmers market to get some tomatoes and roasted chilies. I was happy that I stumbled on a new one that is just perfect. The other one I had been going to sold their property and closed down their business. Sad day! But this new one seems to be pretty good and I liked the 76 year old woman who runs it. I admire that! So, today I'll be canning tomatoes and freezing the chiles.

Yesterday was another football game for my son. They are doing so well! They won again, this time 30-14. This team gave them more of a challenge, which will probably help them in the long run. They are undefeated and will play the other undefeated team next week. Should be a good game. They don't play at a regular field, though. They divide a large area of one of our big parks into 4 fields. They are regular sized fields, but you don't have bleachers. Each field is for a different division: 5th grade, 6th grade, lightweight 7th/8th, heavyweight 7th/8th. Many parents bring chairs, but some of us just walk up and down the sidelines. I was getting very ticked off at this one woman who cheered for the other team, standing right behind our players. WHAT??? Do you not understand that your team is on the other side?? Duh??? There was more room on our side, so I understand that why she wanted to be on that side, but show a little sportsmanship. So, I made it my goal to cheer louder than she did. I won! We won! She moved on.

I'm also going dress shopping with my daughter and her friend. They have a dance coming up, so we need to get a dress. The church that I attend is very casual and she normally doesn't like to wear dresses, so she doesn't have one. Should be fun.

Well, better go. Have a good rest of the weekend!

Shy Moment 09-07-2008 10:38 AM

Slash
Have a fun time shopping

dol
glad to see people are taking care of you

vel
You take care of yourself

dolphinlvr 09-07-2008 02:07 PM

Happy Sunday everyone

Hope everyone is enjoying there weekend.

I just back back from my 45 min power walk and I feel great. We have been having a heat wave in Cali..so if I don't walk early I wont do it cause it is too hot.

yesterday I had lunch with my friend who had a baby well actually she's 3 months now. Reddish blond hair and big blue eyes. What a doll and sucha good baby. I had Japanese food for the first time in a month. Teriyaki salmon, california rolls and green tea or and water. It was yummy. I was hoping the salt would not effect my weight. I am happy to say I am still 197. I would have liked to have lost more by now but at least I am not gaining.

Question, I know you are suppsed to eat 3 meals and two snack aday (feed your body every 3 hrs. a day but sometimes i am just not hungry and have to force myself to eat. Sometimes I feel I am not eating enough. Could that be my stall in weight loss?

Welcome beth4365. I am glad you have joined us and don't worry most people can't post all the time so chime in when you can.

Clayr
Gald i could be of help.

lovnmom
Congrats on maintaining your weight:cheer3::cheer2:

Velveteen

You got the right attitude. And your right it could have been worse so give yourself a pat on the back for not going hogwild. Remember today is a new day and a fresh start.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Karen

suenami 09-08-2008 09:24 AM

Hi dlphinlvr I think you used to be klmetz, right? I'll call you Karen :) Congrats on maintaining your weight! I am right with ya--I have stalled. I have totally kept on points (WW) this past week and didn't even use my extra 35 weekly points I am allowed. Soooo discouraging. During the week I went down to 189 but today is weigh-in day and BUMMER. I have no idea what the prob is and at times I want to say "Forget it!" but what is the alternative? Yah, going back up past 200 which I NEVEREVER NEVER want to see again.

Just pluggin' along I guess! Happy Monday :D

-Susan

Shy Moment 09-08-2008 11:55 AM

dol
Not eating enough can definably stall weight loss. It can also cause you to gain weight so be careful. If the tummy thinks the throat has been slit because it isn't getting enough food. The tummy will want to start turning everything to fat to save up for when it isn't getting the food it needs lol. First, most dietitians/nutritionist tell you not to have 3 meals a day. You are to have 6 meals ( of course this isn't 6 full meals but three meals broken into two meals a day. This might not work for you but it is what I have always done even when I workout outside the home. We have to stop saying we don't have time for this or that and make time. Break your meals into smaller meals. I eat at least 6 times a day. You eat less at a time and you are hungry to eat more often. Get a little workout in before each meal.

I have time to eat all I should eat because I no longer have time to be over weight

I have time to exercise because I no longer have time to be out of shape

Evey thing is a choice, we make the choice to be what we want to be or just talk about being what we want to be.