Know What's Depressing?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • When you find a thread you wrote (here) and you realise you really haven't accomplished much since then...

My 40th birthday was yesterday. So I'm officially here now. Officially still not doing enough to get to where I want to be. Officially still fat.

I have no idea how to fix my life so that I can make food and movement a priority. I can't even go through all the "valid" excuses anymore, I'm just too exhausted and depressed to even think about it.

I wish I knew how to get that inspiration to make myself the top priority - not work, not other people, ME!

*sigh*
  • Hey, we have no control over yesterday. Onward and upward...errrrr Downward, that is! On the scales

-Susan
  • Just think, YOU are so much further than I at this point !! I envy YOU !! You have made it down 15 pounds !! Good for you. Keep going, I am stuck too but TOGETHER we will do this ! When I get below 200 I am throwing a party..............want to come?????
    Suzy
  • Sue, as soon as I posted I logged on to WW and updated my weight and added in my food so far for today. You are so right! TODAY is what matters!

Suzy, I am so there!! PARTY!!!!
  • I too get really sad and depressed that I've been status quo for half a decade now >> agonizing over being obese level overweight, while nothing improves, but I get heavier.

I woke up in the middle of the night last night, and I distinctly remember chanting to myself in my head " I am going to LOVE myself slender " . And that's where it stands.

it *will* get better once you allow it to.
  • Happy Birthday Renee
    First of

From what I see you are still on a downward path and have not gained weight so I say you are headed in the right direction. You should be proud of your accomplishments so far. Maybe you just need some encouragement from us. So here it goes...You can do this Renee. We are all in this together so take one day at a time and don't look back...only forward.

I myself hit onederland (under 200 several weeks ago and I have only lost 3 lbs since then and at first I was disappointed but that is 3 lbs so now I am cheering about it.

You can do it and so can I!!!
  • Renee you haven't gained any weight. That's good you must be doing something right.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You are back that is the main thing.

Take it one pound at a time.
  • thank you guys, so much! I really needed and appreciate your replies!
  • Happy birthday girl! What is important is not to give up, you can keep moving forward and refocus! You can do it!
  • Josephine, thanks hon! I am definitely NOT giving up. Just annoyed at myself (which doesn't help, I know!)!
  • It's really hard for mothers to focus on themselves. You're still in the game trying and that's what's important. Focus on all the things you like about yourself and just keep moving forward. You're doing terrific!
  • I'm only a part-time mom (I have step kids) and I think no matter what your status (married, single, mom, no kids, busy life) focusing on ourselves (especially WOMEN in general) is the number one hard thing to do!!

But I'm GOING to do this - in fact I'm in the process - and I'm glad I came here to get the support I needed at the moment I needed it.

Thank you all so much!
  • belated but sincere.

Instead of beating yourself up over what you haven't accomplished...(YET) how about contemplating how far ahead you are of where you were in the original post? You are down 15 pounds. You have a plan - sounds like Weight Watchers . I would imagine you have earned a lot about what works and what doesn't. So - for Renée!!

It sounds to me like exercise is the missing piece, just start with 15 minutes a day. Whatever you might enjoy doing. Try different stuff. You never know what you might love until you try it. Or take a class...anything to get you started. Then build a habit. YOU CAN DO THIS!!
  • Happy belated birthday Velveteen. We've all been there with depressing moments. I had a really busy week and didn't post at all the whole week! I also found myself munching on chips (my drug of choice) to help relieve the stress!! Ugh..

So, here I am again, starting over again... again.. and again... It's a one day at a time thing. I'm working for permanent change. I don't think I'll ever give up salty crunchy things completely, but I am working to get the stress eating under control.

So, you're back again too. Maybe with the scale not down as much as you'd hoped. But you're here. That's what counts.

After I munched out last week, I felt ashamed and didn't want to admit it even here. But here I am, owning up to it. That's all any of us can do. Face it day by day with love for ourselves at the core.

hopefuldreamer
  • hopefuldreamer

You should not be ashamed cause we all backslide. I am glad your back...missed your spunk around here.

Karen