It's been a long time...

• Hello Ladies!

I'm a 44 year old professional single woman with no children.

I was a member of 3FC many moons ago - so many, moons ago, I couldn't remember my login. I was quite pleased to see the list was still available now that I am ready to start my next phase of my lifestyle change.

I have struggled with my weight since my early 30s. About 4 years ago, I had one of those light bulb moments and went from 186 to 145 pounds in about 4 months. Though I have gained about 8 pounds of the weight back, I am pleased that I have "maintained" for 4 years.

Currently, I am looking at not necessarily "losing" more weight but I want to get my arms, legs and abs toned and not so flabby. I want to be able to wear shorts, tank tops and bathing suits without being so self conscience. It's not a magic number I'm looking at but instead a "look".

This will require exercise which has always been a challenge for me. I have several exercise videos which I will utilize as well as a small dog who LOVES to walk. I also will be doing yoga to keep me limber and lengthen and strengthen the core muscles.

I'm rambling, so I will close for now. I hope to be active participant on this list and look forward to contributing to the different threads.
  • Welcome phanes! or Welcome back.
    Excersise is tough for me to get motivated about also. If it weren't for my little dogs, I probably wouldn't get any!

I have a teacup poodle and a Bichon Frize. What kind of dog do you have?

• Welcome to the 40 somethings.

Pop in the chat thread.
  • I have a Shih Tzu. He's a rescue and a bit skittish in new situations. The walking does him good and gets him acclimated to new enviornments. He got pretty spooked by a kid on a bike last night. We'll have to work on that some.
    But he's a good pup and has overcome a great deal in the time that I have had him.
  • Thanks for the welcome, Clydegirl.