Old 04-11-2008, 05:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/172/145

Height: 5'6"

Default mid forties trying to lose my mid section

Hi. Today is the first day on this forum. My daughter and I have decided to make the effort together to lose weight because doing it alone doesn't seem to work. Now that I've found this forum, it's good to know that I have even more support. I don't have a large amount to lose. Ideally and realistically, I'd like to lose 30 pounds, but my goal right now is 20. I stay active outdoors, especially in the warmer months because I teach kayaking skills part time and my full time job is fairly physical as well. I eat when I'm stressed or bored. Lately, I've been stressed out because my daughter is getting married in June and it's turning out to be alot more expensive that we originally planned. Needless to say, trying to lose weight while preparing for the big event is going to be a challenge. I'm glad to be a part of this forum.
watergirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 07:48 PM   #2  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

welcome Watergirl we're glad to have you.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:34 PM   #3  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 158.6/123.7/127

Height: 5'4 and 56 years young!

Default Welcome!

I am new too and in the exact same boat concerning the midsection. I wish that there was an easy way to get rid of it, but i think that it is going to be a struggle. I too am glad that i have found this forum for some advice. Myself, i am just starting LA weight loss as well as going to the gym.
Laineey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:23 AM   #5  
Susan777

S/C/G: 216/184/145

Height: 5'5

Hi I am new also...but i know about that damn belly fat curse. DONT EAT bread or sugar. It has worked for me.
Susan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Watergirl!

I am mid-forties, your height, and similar weight goals. When I was young, my inner thighs were my only problem area, but now my belly is worse (and those thighs have only gotten bigger ).

In another thread, someone recommended increased cardio and limited alcohol as well as a reduction in processed carbs for waistline reduction. I am doing what I can to hopefully take the weight off the midsection. I got measured yesterday (at Curves), so I will know exactly where I am losing from here on.

So far, I'm afraid most of my reduction has come from areas North of my midsection. If only I could choose which fat cells would shrink, I'd be a happy puppy!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:18 PM   #7  
Almost To Goal

S/C/G: 210/210/170

Height: 5' 8.5"

I hear you all...I'm 46 and all of a sudden what used to be a *pooch* is kind of folding over and creating a crease...reminds me of my fixed cat (we call her sway-belly).
Sige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

I've heard if you drink alcohol it tends to carry around your middle. Guess the term Beer Belly is fairly accurate.

I heard a really good thing about dieting during a stressful time. Some people feel it's the BEST time to diet because when all the world feels out of control, what you put into your body is one thing you have total control over.

Good luck to you and your daughter!
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:21 PM   #9  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Default 3FC Returnee

Hi,

I'm a 3FC Returnee. Joined many years ago, yo-yo'd up and down, and now I'm back for another try at losing my mid section which has steadily been getting worse, especially over the past 12 months or so.

I totally agree with the theory that alcohol definitely contributes to this particular problem area. I know I drink far more than a healthy allowance would be, so I'm aiming to cut it down and eat more healthily too. I'm soon to be turning 46, and with the approach of 50 getting ever closer, I really want to become more healthy before I reach that milestone.
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 200 (minus 10 lbs for boobs)

Height: 5" 0"

Hi everyone !! Yay !!!! I am finally here !
I have run into 3Fatchicks for a few years now and finally, it has found me !
I was reading up on ZigZagging Calories ?? There is a site that weants 40.00 to download the diet plan.
Soooo.....I amwondering if anyone here has actually paid for the diet and what you thought ? Is it worth it ??
So...I am 46, a bartender, and finally have realized that this 40 pounds need to go now, not yesterday, now. Before the end of the year.
Goddess, I need help. I need the friggin courage to not eat the bad foods that I eat. I don't drink regualrly, so thats not a problem, its CHEESE !!
lol ! I love cheese and pasta.
Lord help me...
SO..if this calorie shifting works, then I won't feel so stressed, Thanks for your input ! Can't wait to start this !
Krystlhawk is offline   Reply With Quote