3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   The All New 40's Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/138617-all-new-40s-chat.html)

Shy Moment 04-14-2008 06:55 PM

Photo
Hello. One townhouse and one cat. Does the cat let you live there lol. I am lucky the cat lets me live in my house. He thinks he owns every bedroom and every other room in the house lol.

kappy
It is always good to find a bright side to any situation. Sure better than being down in the dumps. I was like that when I got off work. I made sure I did everything and anything I had to do before I took my shoes off and sat down. Once I sat down nothing was going to get done lol.

Jane
Oh I hope you feel better soon. What nice news to go and get to see him again. Hope you have a wonderful time.

Ward
Had a great time doing the 5k over the weekend BUT next time I am going to walk behind hubby with a whip. Oh my gosh, it took us an hour to walk 4 miles. He walks so darn slow I had to keep slowing down to let him catch up. Everyone at the mall just laughed when I kept telling him to COME ON our hamsters could walk faster than that lol.

Chris
Way to go on the weight loss.

lovn
Sorry to hear the kids didn't win but they are such great kids I bet they still enjoyed them selfs. Nice going on the 3 and 5k with the kids. Now if they would just clean their rooms huh lol. Pink, all the hubby wore was black yuck, I now having him wearing mauve and purple and a few other colors. The man is never going to do pink or yellow lol.

Clyde
I clean the rest of the house all the time lol. The kids room is a once a week thing. I look over at their side of the upstairs at night and know something is going to crawl out of their room and eat me lol. It is almost time to clean out their closets again.

Sea
I am the most hated mother in the world today lol. I make them work like SLAVES, SLAVES I TELL YOU. he hehehe

SeaWave 04-14-2008 09:51 PM

Hi everyone!

Just a quick post to keep in touch -- a bit crazy at work today as there's this mean bug going around. Someone comes back from a month off sick, and the next person takes off.

Kappy : I was right where you are a couple of years ago (re: falling asleep on the sofa). I think you're right that it's strees related - it certainly was in my case. Recently, I've discovered a book called "Getting Things Done" by David Allen. Might not be your bag, but might be worth taking a peek. In any event, hang in there!

lovnmom 04-15-2008 08:15 AM

JaneZoe, Hugs to you so your tummy feels better, but hats off on the match. It sounds like he's really something. I hope you and your DD have a blast travelling!

Kappy, Your stressers at work have been going for so long they're bound to be taking a toll on you physically. Hang in there. Maybe you could get some help from your sister and her children. You seem to be there for them when they need you. You don't come across like the type to ask for help, but possibly it's time you reach out and let them know you could use a pick me up. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Photochick, Welcome. I'm looking forward to getting to know you!

Rennie, Ya, ya, ya you keep saying what a mean mom you are...we ALL know better. My DD is thinking I'm mean. When she got home from school last night I asked her to take a box of newspapers and a box of plastics out to the garage. We have no garbage or recyclable pick up so we store it until Saturday and then go to the dump. I know I'm making a short story long...anyhoo, she could have carried them in one trip and I still got the, "why do I have to do it," crud. SHe did it, but when she wanted to instant message her friends she got the, " why should I let you use the computer? " I didn't give in. I'm so mean too! Bite me... lol

SeaWave, Keep washing your hands before you're the next one home ill. It's sunny and beautiful here today..how is the weather in Canada?

It was close to 60 here yesterday and is suppose to be even nicer today. I got in a nice walk with my friend. It was kind of a grumble fest for both of us, but we all need those at times too. The plumber hooked up the hoses on the hot water heater backwards....I'm sure they're plenty embarassed, but that means another day of waiting around. I'd best be first on the list this morning!! I'm sewing stoles today. My DD confirmation class will wear white robaes and stoles they design themselves. The kids pick a symbol and a Bible passage and decorate the stoles with fabric paints. They look really nice and make a nice keepsake.

You all have a great day!

gtmerritt 04-15-2008 09:52 AM

Hey everyone...GT here. I've been away from the computer for a few days but I'm back. I work in radio so it's hard to stay at the computer all day long. I'm on the road constantly and only can sit down in the mornings and afternoons before I drive home. I weighed in yesterday and dropped 2 more pounds and now I'm beginning to see a difference in my body. Based on previous dieting experiences, once I start noticing the changes, that's what kick starts me into high gear because I want MORE! I'm going on a cruise (my first ever) in November and hope to be at least 145-150 by that time. I'm working out 3 times a week at the gym with 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes on weights. Do you guys think this is good? Or is there something else out there I should be doing to help maximize my workouts?

Thank you all for listening. Any advice you can give would be GREAT!

Cheers!
:carrot:

Shy Moment 04-15-2008 10:07 AM

gt
Nice to see you back. Hope you fit your goal by cruise time. If you have time some walking would fit nicely into your exercise plan. Way to go on the weight loss.

lovn
My son, yes yes I know he is 21 went to a friends house for the weekend. Said he would be home by noon. Ok, so plans were made to have him help hang a cabinet in my bathroom. She rolls around the house at about 11 pm. I said thats it. You live in my house, you live by my rules. You are inconsiderate and you could have been dead for all I know. You are grounded for the week. I am horrible, he is an adult, he couldn't call home because the cell phone was dead ( my gosh I thought those things charged ). I just don't want to hear it. The kid has got to be responsible. Drives me nuts. He is fine until he gets around people who say don't let her tell you what to do, you are over 18 she can't tell you what to do. Heck I would call my mother if I were suppose to be there and I wasn't. It is called respect and being responsible. You should have called a union plumber and if you did I would be calling the local and complaining lol. Your daughters outfit sounds great.

sea
It is terrible when stuff is spread around. Happens at work, at school, at church. I should live in a bubble.

Slashnl 04-15-2008 01:42 PM

Glad there are so many mean moms out there. I wouldn't want to be an endangered species. :)

GT: I think you have a great workout plan there. As long as it continues to work, you should stick with it. But, if you find that your weight loss stalls, you might need to mix it up a bit. Rennie is right (we say that all the time!), walking would be a great addition.

Photo: Welcome! Yes, this thread moves quickly sometimes. It's just that we all have a lot to say!!!!

Jane: Keep us posted on the new man. Those of us who have been married forever need to live vicariously through those who have brand new relationships! Fun to hear about it!

Sea: Keep healthy!!! Hope you can avoid any more sicknesses. It can really get to you after awhile.

Lovn: That's really great that you're sewing those stoles for the confirmation class. What a great idea! I can sew, but I'm pretty limited in creativity.

Kappy: I just hope things get a little more mellow for you. Living in high stress is just awful.

Well, I have finally admitted to my being off track and having gained weight over the past 3-4 months. In a couple of other places, I have posted that I just had to be accountable and say that I've drifted off plan. It happened with being sick and having crappy weather here. That's no excuse, but that's the reason. I am disappointed that I couldn't get back on track more quickly, but I'm not going to let that get me down. One day at a time... once again. I even updated my stupid ticker to show that I have gained back almost all of the 16 pounds I lost last year. I have to be honest and show where I am. Then, hopefully, next weigh in, I can change the numbers and get back to that wonderful feeling of losing weight. I am NOT asking for sympathy, I am just trying to be honest here. I can't try to fool myself into thinking that I'm doing ok. From here on out, I am getting back on track, working out the soreness of actually exercising again, building back my endurance, and getting control of meal portions. I've kept with eating healthy, but I've been eating too much of a good thing. I admit it... and now I'm changing it.

Thanks for listening!

Clydegirl 04-15-2008 01:55 PM

Hi girls.

Nothing much going on at the minute. I'm thinking about going for a walk as it's a nice day.

Diane I hear you , one day at a time. Sounds like you have it all worked out what you need to do.

Photochick welcome :welcome2:

Biggest Loser tonight would love to see one of the girls win. They have a better chance with Mark than Roger.

I'm off for my walk will check in later.

Shy Moment 04-15-2008 01:58 PM

Shy walks around holding a sign that reads " Mean mothers of the world unite "

Slash
This journey we are all on isn't always easy. Life gets in the way sometimes, so do excuses. You have done exactly what you need to do. You confronted the problem, accepted the responsibility and now have gotten back on track. I am so sorry things have been so rough for you. You have done one of the hardest things there is to do. Be honest with yourself. I am so proud of you and you inspire each and every one of us to do the same thing. Something must be in the air. While I have been on plan, I haven't been eating as well as I should be. You really helped me out. I know not to let things slip any further than I have. I have to get back on track if I want to see results.

Shy carry another sign in her other hand that reads " I didn't say you did it, I said I was going to blame you "

Clydegirl 04-15-2008 03:41 PM

Just got back did another 5.2K. I always feel good when I get done.

Diane you have inspired me to stick to the program. I've been wavering the past couple of weeks.

Shy Moment 04-15-2008 07:32 PM

My latest hook rug

PhotoChick 04-15-2008 08:42 PM

Hi everyone. Thanks for the welcome!

It's jumping right into my busy season, so I'm finding it hard to keep up with 3FC as a whole, but I'm gonna try to follow along here! :)

Shy - the cat definitely owns the house and everything in it. I'm just here 'cause she lets me stay as long as I provide food and a lap once in a while! :)

Diane - my sympathies on the gain and having to restart. I have a similar set of reasons for slacking off (not excuses, just reasons) but I gotta get my act together here. I've gained back 7 lbs (and no, I haven't updated my ticker, but I should!) and I am just sick about it. I am working on motivating myself more, but too much work, not enough time, and a messy house are dragging me down. *sigh*

This week, though, I'm giving myself a little personal motivation. I'm getting my hair cut and then going to the spa for a wax on Friday. I think maybe something to make myself look nice will help me some.

lovnmom 04-16-2008 07:55 AM

gt, Great job on the loss and the enthusiasm. As long as the weight is coming off and you are not getting bored then your exercise is right on. Don't be afraid to shake it up when the time comes.

Rennie, I have to click to see your rug. I'll comment on it later. I'm really glad you shared it though. Mean, mean, mean I don't mind it. To me it's me caring and not taking the easy road of parenting!!!

Diane, You've taken the first necessary step. No war is won with just one battle keep fighting lovely lady!!

Photochick, A good sprucing up always motivates and gets me going too. Have a good time.

As for me busy, busy, busy today. Work all morning and then I'm at the school all afternoon. Honor Role awards for my 5th grader, then the spring concert which my 2nd, 5th and 6th grader are in and then back to the 5th grade room to see their science projects. I have choir practice tonight too. I'm really hoping to get a walk or some yoga in, but it's not looking good!

Have a great day!!

Slashnl 04-16-2008 08:42 AM

Rennie: That rug is beautiful. Lots of work in that! How long does it take you to finish something like that?

Lovn: Well, at least it is good stuff that you're busy doing today. As the school year winds down, the awards and concerts pick up! Have fun!

Photo: That's good that you have something nice to do for yourself. Sometimes we need a little pick-me-up. Have a great time getting that done!

It is supposed to be much cooler today, but then it bounces back into the nice weather tomorrow. It was so windy yesterday! Just that strange spring weather!

gtmerritt 04-16-2008 09:28 AM

Wow Rennie - the rug is beautiful...how long did that take to finish? I used to do latch hook when I was a lot younger..but did enjoy it when I did it. Thanks to you all for the advice. I think I've hit a plateau but if I continue to loose 2 - 3 pounds a week, they say I can hit my goal by July. Keep your fingers across.

Can you guys believe it was 34 this morning in Brunswick, GA? That's only 20 minutes from the Florida border..very unusual. We're normally cranking up our A/C's by now looking forward to the Dog Days of Summer...My husband and I have a farm in a small town called Alma Georgia and we planted 35 rows of silver queen corn, peas, pole beans, squash, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, tomotoes and much more and now we're freaking out that they could've froze this morning! Headed that way this weekend to seek out the damage. You guys keep your fingers crossed!

I hope everyone luck, love and happiness.

gtmerritt 04-16-2008 09:29 AM

Can you guys tell me how to get a ticker???