Hello!

• I'm only 40-something for two-and-a-half more years, but this looks like an interesting place to hang out for a while.

I posted in the introduction forum earlier this week, and have been lurking around for several, mostly in the 100+ club. I've been re-gaining and losing the same 20 lbs. since dropping 190lbs. of excess husbandage in '98, and I'm determined that this summer was the last I'll ever see the 260s on the scale.

I'm still single (and for the most part happily so), living with my widowed mother (75) and wonderful daughter (16). I work in an academic department at a university, and come January I will be promoted to a more demanding position. If I don't get fitter, I'll barely have the energy for the job's stresses, let alone every day life.

My ultimate goal is to be "fit by fifty" -- I have many 50-something friends who are amazing - active, involved, and darn good-looking. They inspire me, but then I am also motivated by the health issues I see my mother having. She's slightly overweight, but very sedentary, and I don't want to have the mobility issues she has when I'm older. (And my knees remind me that "older" is closer than I want to think!)

Thanks for reading all this blather, whoever's still here. I've been browsing your chat thread & look forward to getting to know you all better!
  • Welcom
    Come on in and stay a while. I'm loving it here!
    This place has really helped me!!
  • @ 198 lbs of excess husbandage...
    and
  • My life greatly improved after getting rid of 190 lbs of
    husband too. Of course first thing I did was gain a lot of weight. I think it was boredom eating. I'm sure you know how it goes, no more A**H*** to fight with every night & then enjoying the single life a little to much But I'm on my way back to "ME" & you'll get there too! You've already got a good start, all those 10 lbs. will add up over time! Good luck to you &