3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   Morning... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/124584-morning.html)

Prissiroo 10-08-2007 12:05 PM

Morning...

I'm kinda new here - in my 2nd week and trying to find somewhere to fit..lol...I am 40something- so maybe this is it??

My name is Kristina - I'm 43, married with 3 amazing children. I have a son who is 24, daughter 21 and a son 18. I've been married to my husband for 3 years - and he has a son who is 16. We married quickly - and sometimes pay the price for that - but I wouldn't trade him for anything. Oh - and did I mention grandbabies?? I have two of the most adorable grandkids ever - 4 and 2.

I have been overweight my entire life. That's an easy statement to make - because that's what everyone has told me. But when I look back at high school pictures - I think - what?? That's overweight??? My brother was (and still is) the most disgusting, mean and hateful person I have ever known. He is now 45 and just last week called me a fat pig. I have listened to him my entire life call me tuba, tell me no one would ever want me - he used to take me to the aisle in the supermarked that had the crisco and tell me that was my aisle because I was a tub of lard. Hmm..you'd think that growing up would eliminate all that - but no, since marrying and having children he continues to do the same thing. Oh - and can I just point out that my brother, being 45, lives with my Mom - has 3 kids from 3 marraiges that he refuses to support, has no job - and is basically a loser. So that brings the ultimate question...why would HIS words bother me??

Now - I'm not a person who blames current issues on childhood events. I believe that we each make our own decisions that get us to where we are. But - I also believe that whoever made up the old "Sticks and stones" rhyme was dilusional. Even the Bible says that "the power of life and death are in the tongue". So - why, in my 40's, am I just now starting to sort through all of that? Who knows - lol..

Ok - that will probably be one of most serious posts you'll see from me. I'm fun - encouraging - and will offer (and need) lots of support. I joined WW flex last Thursday and it has been enlightening - no restrictions - and I must say that I feel like I'm finally ready. I've tried so many quick loss diets, and I just don't want that anymore.

Ok - enough for now - funny how posting to people online can bring tears to your eyes...lol...

If you made it this far - thanks for sticking with the post!

k

Clydegirl 10-08-2007 02:01 PM

:welcome2: Hi Kristina and welcome aboard.

:hug: hugs to you.

Good luck on your weight loss journey.

Pop in the chat thread.

Slashnl 10-08-2007 02:27 PM

Kristina, welcome!
You know, sometimes it just takes us a long time to face certain things from our childhood. It sounds like your brother has really bad self-esteem issues and can only try to build himself up by tearing you down. You certainly deserve better than that!!

I think you can find an awful lot of support here. Please pop over to the chat thread and jump in. No one expects you to be positive and encouraging all the time. Sometimes you need to be the one getting the encouragement and sometimes you can offer that to others! One thing you'll find is a bunch of wonderful, supportive people who can totally relate to where you are in life!!

Janny O 10-10-2007 10:08 AM

Welcome Kristina!!!
Glad you found a great place! I've not been posting lately due to the fact that I am getting blocked at work!! How dare they!! It's been 10 months for me on my new lifestyle and I'm still losing. It really gets easier...
Wanna hear something funny? I'm going shopping at FOREVER 21 and I'll be 47 next month-WHAT A HOOT is that!!!
Anyway-you can do this! We're all here for yah-
Good luck to you!
Hope to hear from you soon-hope I can get on!!!